It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I have a statement that we can all agree with. Every one one of us.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
What I've watched so far, yes.

Having to watch slowly because I have 6 people running around in my house, one a 3 year old and the other a 70 year old who has to sit a foot from the TV with it turned all the way up. It's a pretty small house.

a reply to: nonspecific

Ok take your time, just as long as you have understood the context of the thread and watched the video before commenting.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Does it seem like I misunderstood the context of the thread?

I did say I wasn't too sure

Be honest...maybe I did misunderstand it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Dammit! Sorry, I ranted.

I guess I don't agree with the OP, I don't think there will ever be agreements (on a large scale) with regards to these topics. We're not clever enough as a race to do so.

Sorry for the rant, and thanks for not flaming me.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Maybe I put it wrong.

The whole point was to try and say that these things will always cause us to argue, that there will always be seperatism in these subjects.

If nothing else can we not agree that these subjects will always cause argument?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Once upon a time, most everyone could agree to disagree, but nowadays, I don't think that's true anymore.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I don't think you did put it wrong. I've just realised I shouldn't have posted after the pub.

*puts coat on and leaves without anyone seeing*

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I've been tring to find something that everyone can agree with for some time now, this is the best I have.

Yup!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yes. I believe everyone can agree that we will always disagree on pretty much anything. That's actually something I like to point out in a lot of threads: We will never be able to come together as a nation or a species on any one particular subject.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Once upon a time, most everyone could agree to disagree, but nowadays, I don't think that's true anymore.

That's a very true statement.

What happened to agreeing to disagree?

It seems now we have to keep the whole thing going round and round and no one just says ".."

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Oh really?

What time is that exactly?

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

How far back into history do you wish to travel, because what you're proposing is impossible.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I am not sure when that was. It may seem that more just 'agreed to disagree' because the arguments weren't right in front of your face all the time. With the internet and the 24 hour news cycle, you don't have to leave your home and there it is, disagreements.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
I'm indifferent on each of them.

I don't care if people believe in a god or gods, I don't care if they don't.

I don't care if people are gay, I don't care if they're not.

I don't care if people carry guns, I don't care if they do.

When it comes to what another person chooses to do with their life or free time, I am indifferent.

But, but,
People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think. That's from George Carlin, funny enough.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I've been tring to find something that everyone can agree with for some time now, this is the best I have.

GODS: Some people believe in them and some don't.

GAYS: Some people like 'em and some don't.

GUNS: Some like to carry them and some don't.

Can anyone disagree with this this?

Right now it's the best I can do.

As as been put here before here's a great man and some things that make us all "less different"

Yes, I can agree with that. And love the George Carlin vid, one of my favorites.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I would say all people like ice cream.

But, that might piss off the Militant Lactose Intolerant...

Some people don't like eating sugar after being in the Army.

I agree OP. Some people like some things. I wished more people realized this. I am being serious too.

edit on 10-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

In the country.

Maybe we are too complacent and need an external to point and scream at instead of our neighbors.

But I'm afraid this country is the target and they are busy turning us against ourselves so they can pull us down that much easier.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lol. Not me, Hun. I honestly don't friggin care. I'm doing what I do in life because I want to be happy and enjoy this life while I get to. So I figure that's what everyone else is doing. Unless someone's choices and/or actions personally affect me in a negative way, I really don't care what people do.

a reply to: smurfy

edit on 10-7-2015 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123

Gays: They've been around since the start of time, in all animals. If they're not hurting or negatively affecting your life, LEAVE THEM ALONE! They have as much right to be here as all you bigoted brainwashed idiots.

Jeez, calm down there kommander liberal, nobody said anything derogatory about gays at all and you're already throwing on the cape.

In response to the OP, sure I agree with that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join