It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Training evangelical pastors to be politicians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Oh my oh my....

Jesus camp for adults seeks to impose Christianity on the US by converting 1,000 pastors into politicians

I learned about the New Apostolic Reformationist and Seven Mountain Dominionists a couple of years ago. At that time, they remained rather "underground", below the radar. No more.

You all will have to click the link to see the story (originally posted in the International Business Times, but I couldn't find it on there) - this version is on rawstory.com. I can't post a snippet either.

Briefly, the evangelicals are mobilizing big time - a gathering commenced to begin training pastors to become political operatives - i.e. running for office. 300 of them in Florida, with Mike Huckabee slated as keynote speaker.

This is rather alarming.
This began last November, according to the Washington Times.

A prominent evangelical Christian leader has launched an effort to recruit 1,000 pastors willing to run for political office, hoping to inject religious issues and candidates into the 2016 election.

David Lane, the founder of the American Renewal Project, said he hopes he can persuade pastors to run for offices as varied as school board and city council to the state legislature and Congress. He’s scheduled an organizing meeting in January in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

An additional link from The American Renewal Project

It seems to me there must be some boundary that is being crossed, but maybe not. It just sounds .... off.

By engaging pastors and church communities, Mr. Lane hopes ultimately that more Christians will head to the polls.

“We have a Christian responsibility to engage people and get out the vote,” Mr. Lane said adding that the pastors “might decide that the Lord doesn’t want them to run for office, but they may have someone in their church who is very talented and can encourage them to.”

He argued that America was established as a Judeo-Christian nation and that separation of church and state was never meant to keep religion out of politics.

“There’s no truth to that, the Constitution says the state is to keep out of the church, it doesn’t say the church is to keep out of the state,” Mr. Lane said, adding that secularism is another religion that’s being imposed on Americans.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Another storm brewing....not so quietly. Americans mustn't let themselves be taken by surprise. Please do your due diligence and learn all you can about those hopefuls currently running for office, and how they are recruiting. What party do they claim?

I'll just leave this here and see if anyone wants to discuss it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Active Theocrats: The New Apostolic Reformation and The Seven Mountain Domionists

And older thread with more information ^^ about who these folks are.
They've been on the move for a while, but now it's getting pretty noisy.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Politics and religion, the greatest combination of all time. What better venues are there to spread lies and hate? A match made in heaven.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The only thing worse than a politician is a child molester unless you have an ex-preacher as a politician then you'll get both.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Looks like the anti religion crowds will have their work cut out for them.

The rebuttals should be interesting.

edit on Jul-10-2015 by xuenchen because: [__ '-' __]

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It actually makes me worry about much worse than rebuttals.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
I'm not surprised this sector of Christianity are starting to gravitate back to the old ways of spreading the gospel. If you can't woo them into the church, threaten them with hell and the wrath of god, and scare them back into the church. If that doesn't work, legislate them into the church. If that doesn't do it. Time for a new inquisition.

edit on 7/10/2015 by Klassified because: ETA

edit on 7/10/2015 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Are people going to be worried that religion will creep into laws?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like the anti religion crowns will have their work cut out for them.

The rebuttals should be interesting.

Yes they should be. The only fly in their hatred is that anyone can run for public office, which does not guarantee they will be elected. But I suppose that limiting who can run for office would guarantee that only their ideology is warranted. Which is a very scary thought.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Yes, I'd move to Syria or Iran if I wanted to live in a religious caliphate.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

What do YOU think? You think those people intend to leave religion OUT of their laws?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Religion crept into the laws a long time ago. A lot of them are still on the books, but gradually...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If that doesn't do it. Time for a new inquisition.

*shudders* Already happening halfway around the northern hemisphere - sandy, desertlike places. Heavy face-gear required.

edit on 7/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yes, I'd move to Syria or Iran if I wanted to live in a religious caliphate.

When you think about it, truly, ISIS's behavior could well be their 'worst case' examples. Not of what might happen to THEM, but of what to do. I used to think modern humans weren't really capable of that kind of thing anymore.

If a secular Iranian read an article 3 years ago about the Mlitant Islamists' plans to take over, do you think they'd have taken it seriously?

sigh

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It would be interesting to find some "religious" laws in other countries (or right here in America). Especially ones that have a major impact on individuals and society.

Focus on Christian type laws since that seems to be the topic of the fear.

We already know about other religious governments.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

What do YOU think? You think those people intend to leave religion OUT of their laws?

Oh I think "people" will be ultra worried.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Which religious based laws would you get rid of? Murder? Rape? Incest?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
LOL
Would you care to add another line or two, O Master of the One-Liners (you "fox", you)?

Seriously -
Why type "people" instead of just, ya know: people. ?? Out with it, man! What was your crafty intention there?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GUITARPLAYER

Those are not religious-based-laws.
And I don't see any americans ANYWHERE, in ANY station, calling for lifting of those laws. They are, I believe, of Greco-Roman origin, by the way.

EDIT: At least in the case of murder, it goes clear back to the earliest recorded law - the Sumerian code.

One of the oldest known prohibitions against murder appears in the Sumerian Code of Ur-Nammu written sometime between 2100 and 2050 BC. The code states, "If a man commits a murder, that man must be killed." The payment of weregild was an important legal mechanism in early Germanic society. If someone was killed, the guilty person would have to pay weregild to the victim's family. The other common form of legal reparation at this time was blood revenge.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

They also targeted the younger generations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join