It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleur de lis has troubled history - mark of supremacy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh, maybe I posted a few days too soon

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Holy hell now they want to ban the three musketeers?

The Fleur De Lis was the mark of Lady De Winter. A felon.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't want tattoos...but you know what? They keep this up and I'll be *getting* tattoos of these 'banned' items.

Personally, I feel that censorship is for @$$holes and wankers.

People need to wake up.

I agree, it's political madness.
edit on 13-7-2015 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nothing has been banned, does it ever get old repeating that when it isn't the truth?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"The fleur-de-lis on the other hand has been in use for something like 2000 years and not just by the French and very very very few people associate it to slavery. Apples and oranges."

Exactly. There are other countries using that symbol - France, a Cdn province (Quebec), others (?).
I had never known it was a symbol of slavery in the US, as far as I know, it doesn't have that meaning elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There are those who believe that the best way of improving the future, is to eliminate the past. In my view, this is easily the stupidest possible point of view to take.

Those who do not heed the lessons of the past, are doomed to repeat its worst errors. Given that a historical education is something which is not taken up by a huge percentage of people, having memorials, flags, and statues to fire ones inquisitive nature, is a good way of ensuring that even those who do not take up history as a subject in higher educational terms, get a good grounding in their local and national history.

Hiding ones history, avoiding it, not having it front and centre of affairs, makes one more likely to make a mess of ones future, and it happens every bloody time. The people who are advising this cultural erosion are no smarter or wiser in my opinion, than those morons in ISIS, going around blowing up ancient sites in North Africa and other places they control.

Removing memorials is not what will solve the problems which still exist where racial tensions are concerned. Better education on all sides, acceptance of the past on all fronts, rather than continuing frustration about the fates of ancestors long dead, about the fate of the South at the hands of the North... War and slavery are awful, terrible things, but they are not eternal. Not, that is, unless they are made so. They are made so when hatred is all that unites people, when a person makes hatred part of their legend, part of their psyche, their character when they could have left it by the wayside, and merely thanked God that they live in a better age.

This applies to all factions in this discussion in general. I am so utterly appalled by the levels of stupidity required to remove memorials, when that will have no positive effect what so ever, and may even be counter productive.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

wait I'm confused... are you saying liberals don't whine?

don't worry I'm just here watching the USA whine train show. Its the only way i like reality TV
edit on 13-7-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Washington DC has buildings misspelled because they are historical and they need to be kept in gots original form. I was never a fan of the Confederate flag, I do however see the value in leaving old monuments the way they were created.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
As someone mentioned... Boy Scouts would have to change their logo, huh? And the New Orleans Saints? How do we know that the fleur de lis isn't just another symbol of supremacy? and how that might play out in modern society. It should be apparent to most anyone (regardless of race) that we are all slave workers to this very day.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Funny how gold chains are so commonly worn.
Yet OTHER symbols linked to slavery are not kosher.
Selective war on symbolism going on here?
What's the deeper meaning behind this craziness?

EVERYTHING about the Political Correctness movement is selective. They target a person, word or thing, eradicate it, and then target a new one, rinse and repeat.
...and eventually, all of the things that they claimed wouldn't be affected during a certain campaign against whichever person, word or thing, become targets in and of themselves later, and those that remember that the new target was promised to be left alone during those previous campaigns will be shouted down because 'this is different, and has nothing to do with that'.

It's never going to end because people are far too stupid to see past the end of their nose.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Think this one is next in the media circus?

no.

2nd

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The fleur de lis is much older than the city of New Orleans and predates slavery in the Southern States.

It is not a racist symbol. It's a very old, very occult symbol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join