It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is probably a sign of the end of days.
Just when I thought things could not get worse here in Puerto Rico, this guys shows up.

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

They just got registered as a non-profit organization here in PR.
How far will it go from been a mockery to get somewhat serious?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

ANCIENT

But I appreciate your effort

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
I know, but is quite a novelty here.

I think I may join them, to keep learning new mysteries.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

i shouldn't have come to this thread. just going to piss me off.

bye
edit on 10-7-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Can't be any worse than scientology or many other imaginary constructs humans call religion IMO.
Whatever floats your non sensical boat.

At least COTFSM is a satirical religion.

edit on 10/7/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I remember seeing this a couple of years back, if I recall correctly its now classed as a proper religion in some parts of America. In fact I think one follower (they call themselves Pastaferions) successfully sued for not being allowed to wear a spaghetti strainer on his head during police photographs under religious grounds.

Its all a bit daft but the founders argument is 'why is it any more ridiculous to believe a giant spaghetti monster created the universe as opposed to an invisible man with a white beard?'

Fella has a point to be honest

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
people = people
ignorance = ignorance

Ultimately equals the sad reality of the world we live in.

On another note, do they serve beer?
edit on 10-7-2015 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
LOL! that made me chuckle. I remember the original letter. too funny!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Who wouldn't want to be a Pastafarian?

you get to dress up in full pirate regalia. What's not to like?

May his noodly appendage illuminate your soul.

Our Pasta, who “Arghh” in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Is not the creator of this thing that worries me, is the people that followed him. The mere fact of knowing how many people follow this thing is scary and sad.

How empty are those humans.

What started as a mockery might turn into something worrying.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Is not the creator of this thing that worries me, is the people that followed him. The mere fact of knowing how many people follow this thing is scary and sad.

You are talking about scientology now,right?

edit on 10/7/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

as long as they dont try to take over the legislative process, im cool with it.

edit on 10-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Honestly, is this really any different from any other religion?

You may believe that when you die, you get your own planet and your wife will be your baby-making machine, producing billions of children for the rest of eternity to populate the planet you control (Mormonism)

You may believe all the negativity in humanity is the result of a alien tyrant capturing other alien life, burning them in a volcano on earth, and then imprinting their negative spirits into humanity (Scientology)

You may believe that every week you literally eat the body and drink the blood of an ancient son of god (Catholicism)

You mat think there are 330 million gods for virtually everything on earth and in the skies (Hinduism)

Or you might think our overlord is a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The delusions are equal across the board

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

You beat me to it.

This is just like how Scientology started.

Though I think this is better.

In Pastafarian heaven you have beer a volcano and strippers. In Pastafarian hell you have the same. Cept the beer is flat and the strippers have std's

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
A freaking beer volcano!
Where do I sign up?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster has been around for a long while..
How about the Church of Cannabis?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: longy9999

Its all a bit daft but the founders argument is 'why is it any more ridiculous to believe a giant spaghetti monster created the universe as opposed to an invisible man with a white beard?'

Fella has a point to be honest

Depends on your acceptable practice and authorized deity.We know the flying spaghetti monster isn;t real… Santa Claus isn't real ether. Nor Ronald McDonald, Mickey Mouse or Superman.

You ask me Americans are delusional denizens of Fantasy land. They go to circuses, zoos, and fairs, watch race cars go round and round all day and can't wait to get to a fun park. They teach kids Easter is about bunnies and colored eggs.

La la landians.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And therein lies the beauty of the FSM, how can you prove it isn't real? It cannot be proven or dis-proven anymore than any other deity people worship.

Without reading the article in the OP I believe the founder started it as some kind of protest to creationism being taught in schools, its amazing how much its took off since, it was also gathering quite a following on Facebook last year from people worldwide.

Its all a bit daft like I said but it seems like harmless enough fun, I would think most of the people who follow it are people who don't care for real religions much

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
originally posted by: longy9999
a reply to: intrptr

And therein lies the beauty of the FSM, how can you prove it isn't real?

People are taught first thing in church their god is the only true god. So obviously, FSM is fake. Its programming that makes other gods blasphemous, punishable by hell fire, forever (lol). Has nothing to do with "proof', just believe it (called Faith).

Without reading the article in the OP I believe the founder started it as some kind of protest to creationism being taught in schools…

Oh definitely,

Its all a bit daft like I said but it seems like harmless enough fun, I would think most of the people who follow it are people who don't care for real religions much.

Yah, Religion is man made. So are comic book heroes, but more people see those block buster films than ever attend a church service. When I was a kid, comics were fun… now its hero worship.

One day the archeologists will dig up all the McDonalds and figure it was a wide spread religion with many temples where priests dressed as clown sacrificed cows to the golden arches.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

One day the archeologists will dig up all the McDonalds and figure it was a wide spread religion with many temples where priests dressed as clown sacrificed cows to the golden arches.

So sad but true, it almost saddens me that I wont be around to see that happen lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join