It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Uncensored: We’re #1 In Cybercrime!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
In this all-new Off the Grid, I reveal the top countries that either face or cause the most cybercrime. As it turns out, America comes in #1 with the highest rate of cybercrime in the world. Tune in to hear me sound off on why China is no different than the NSA when it comes to the foreign nation hacking into computers of American government officials.

Do you agree? Let me know what you think.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think China is number one.

www.businessinsider.com...

WASHINGTON — For more than five years, American intelligence agencies followed several groups of Chinese hackers who were systematically draining information from defense contractors, energy firms and electronics makers, their targets shifting to fit Beijing’s latest economic priorities.

www.nytimes.com...

I think most US 'hacking' is just script kiddies sitting in their momma's basement thinking it's cool.

China has billions of $$ and millions of people doing it for the 'state'.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Okay, big time hacking to steal proprietary secrets and make money out of that eventually, but surely the real biggy would be something like spying on the banks, who themselves do crooked things like price fixing on money values/exchanges, interest rates etc....all the time!
This is like picking tomorrow's winner of the Grand National if someone, anyone at the CIA, FBI, DHS, OSS, NCTC....blah blah picks up on some surreptitious communications between bankers corruptive plan for the next day without telling anyone, and decides to act on the information for themselves alone..could this happen in cyberspace? probably, could this be just one person? definitely not.
This is the thing, for instance, say Chinese hacking, but really anyone else for that matter, the last thing they would want to do is to feck up systems that provide information unless it is wartime, so the same thing applies, they need only garner information to make their economy stronger, their technical ability better and so on, Ad Finitum.
So are there borderless Mr Goldfingers out there now?..that's a definite.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I think China is number one.

Good summary of the study and results:

In compiling such a list, Symantec was able to quantify software code that interferes with a computer's normal functions, rank zombie systems, and observe the number of websites that host phishing sites, which are designed to trick computer users into disclosing personal data or banking account information. Symantec was also able to obtain data including the number of bot-infected systems which are those controlled by cybercriminals, rank countries where cyber attacks initiated and factor in the a higher rate of cybercrime in countries that have more access to broadband connections. The highest rate of cybercrime was found to be in the United States which may mainly contribute to the broad range of available broadband connections, which are those that allow uninterrupted internet connectivity.

Source

In context, I'm not sure of the exact link between this and America's national security. Does the American government actually tell their citizens they're safe digitally? O.o

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

We manipulate your stock market and wipe trillions in value, you respond with a massive cyber attack to find the sources of the attack and return the favor, we respond by sending you a friendly super typhoon......what's next?

It's tit for tat - slowly escalating.

When China hit a critical system the U.S will declare it an act of war. This is what we're waiting for.

top topics

join