It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me some examples of Political Correctness that you disagree with

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
When is this world going to learn the absolute truth ? There is only 1 race - HUMAN. Come on ? Isnt everyone biologically the same ? Most biologists do not even recognize the definition of race as a separate classification (the exception : geneticists)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: kruphix

Where were kids told not to say Merry Christmas?

Where the hell have you been? Didn't you know, it's "Happy Holidays" now. Get with the times.

Yes, I see Fox News cry about this all the time...it's just that reality doesn't seem to reflect their views.

I say Merry Christmas sometimes when I'm specifically talking about Christmas...usually on Christmas Day...I say Happy Holidays sometimes if I intend to include Hanukkah or New Years in my greeting, or if it is well before Christmas and it is just the "holiday season".

So...I just don't buy this one....reality doesn't reflect the complaint.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ketsuko
Saying something like "I support traditional marriage" is now considered hateful.

That's because saying you support "traditional marriage" is just a politically correct way of saying that you don't think gays should have the right to marry.

After all, who DOESN'T support traditional marriage?

That is a wonderful example.

Anti PC people being PC and they don't even realize it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

How about retailers who instruct employees to not say merry Christmas?

Yea, that's happened.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: amazing

That brings up Merry Christmas and happy Holidays. I tend to use Happy Holidays on my window decorations and business stuff but personally I'll say Merry Christmas just as much...it's retarded to get upset with either one. We're celebrating Christmas, but also the new year and a major Jewish Holiday as well. Nothing wrong with Happy Holidays. Getting upset at Happy Holidays is political correctness turned around the other way. Just as wrong.

I've always said "Happy Holidays" because I am aware that, not being the only person living on the planet, not everyone out there celebrates Christmas or Kwanzaa or Yule. But if someone tells me "Merry Christmas", I'll say it right back to them...even though I am not a "christian". Ditto if someone wishes me a "Happy Chanukah", I'll say it right back...though I am not Jewish either. It is the polite thing to do, and I was raised to be polite. I cannot understand why that particular issue exists either...it is just silly and unnecessary as far as I am concerned.

A lot of it is "1st World Problems". Some people are so comfortable in life that they have to find something to complain about. The fake "War on Christmas" is one example.

I'm a Muslim but most of my friends & extended family are Christians. I greet them with "Happy Holidays" during the season & "Merry Christmas" on the actual day. Not a single one has a problem with either of them, usually just being happy someone is greeting them for it. And with my close Christian friends, I'll greet them with "Merry Christmas" on January 7th too, since that's Christmas Day according to the Eastern Orthodox Church. (Technically, the other denominations realigned their calendars while the Eastern Orthodox calendar stayed the same. So the Eastern's December 25th falls on the Western's January 7th.)

Ironically, the only people who have gotten angry at me for saying "Happy Holidays" were Salvation Army greeters! On 2 different occasions they've gotten visibly pissed at me for saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", even though it wasn't Christmas either time. And I'd just given donations when it happened! I'd temporarily boycotted them after that, but relented because I didn't want their narrow-mindedness to stop me from giving to charity.

(post by Sillyosaurus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Traditional marriage ... like King Solomon having 700 wives and 300 concubines?

Traditional marriage ... like the directive in the Old Testament that a woman has to marry her rapist?

That kind of traditional marriage?

I want some of that!
Sounds fun/exhausting

Although after a good "session" I could say, see ya next year, honey.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Saying something like "I support traditional marriage" is now considered hateful. Cities have threatened to ban or block businesses and people who donated privately to campaigns that backed it have been blacklisted from working.

Wait...what??? Where is this happening? You're saying that people are refusing to allow other human beings to work because they say the words "I support traditional marriage"? Do you have proof of that? What is "traditional marriage", exactly? The kind that happens in a church? And people are being turned away from jobs for saying that, seriously??

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I disagree with a kid getting suspended for biting a Pop-Tart into a shape of a gun.

"Student Suspended For Pop-Tart Gun, Josh Welch, Files Appeal With Maryland County School System"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

I seriously doubt that calling a woman "Tits" was ever considered "polite" in the workplace, or anywhere else.

link   
Oh, my university had a slogan - EMAW (every man a wildcat). One feminist complained that it wasn't inclusive enough, so suddenly a full-court press was put on to scrap it and change it to the dorky EPAW (every person a wildcat). There was thankfully massive backlash throughout the student body and fan base, so the initiative was largely scrapped, but our band is no longer allowed to spell out EMAW on the field before football games.

So dumb. As if women are playing on the football team. The football team are, indeed, every man a wildcat. And that was all the uni pres had to say about it.

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
When is this world going to learn the absolute truth ? There is only 1 race - HUMAN. Come on ? Isnt everyone biologically the same ? Most biologists do not even recognize the definition of race as a separate classification (the exception : geneticists)

Race is a pseudo-science. And a bad one at that. But "racial" issues will continue to exist as long as there are people who can gain from the artificial separation.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

How about retailers who instruct employees to not say merry Christmas?

Yea, that's happened.

A business is free to run their business anyway they wish.

Would you like to force them to say Merry Christmas?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Lol you know what, I'm just done. You haven't directly discussed anything I've posted. I'm not even going to bother trying anymore.

The thread is about PC that people find distasteful. I already cited several examples of what I perceive to be over the top PC-ness. I then cite yet another one, being retailers telling employees not to say merry Christmas because they want to be PC and "inclusive" and you try to turn it into commentary on the rights of business to run their business, with a dash of first amendment added to spice things up.

Spin, deflect, ignore. Enjoy your mental gymnastics.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I disagree with a kid getting suspended for biting a Pop-Tart into a shape of a gun.

"Student Suspended For Pop-Tart Gun, Josh Welch, Files Appeal With Maryland County School System"
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Expect no reply from the OP. You will only get a comment on pop tart rights and the Geo economical influence of fast food upon the society .

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Shouldn't say Merry Christmas
Shouldn't say Bless you when someone sneezes
Shouldn't say anything to a woman about her appearance at all
Shouldn't say gay regardless if it's true or not
Shouldn't say illegals or migrants
Shouldn't say african american, black, or whatever descriptor when referring to a "black" person
Must be completely accepting of everything LGBTQHFMZ and whatever other letters they attribute or you will be shunned

Must be completely accepting of everything that the current feminist cause is behind or you are belittled and
shunned

Must be completely against your own race if you happen to be white or you will be shunned (white guilt and all)

Must hate men 100% all the time or you will be shunned (by hate I mean anything that is positive has to go, can only discuss negative things when referring to us worthless drooling pigs)

Need I go on?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's really sad that people make the world so much harder to live in than it has to be, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Yes, I see Fox News cry about this all the time...it's just that reality doesn't seem to reflect their views.

I say Merry Christmas sometimes when I'm specifically talking about Christmas...usually on Christmas Day...I say Happy Holidays sometimes if I intend to include Hanukkah or New Years in my greeting, or if it is well before Christmas and it is just the "holiday season".

So...I just don't buy this one....reality doesn't reflect the complaint.

It is, in my humble opinion, pathetic that society will go out of its way to create problems where there never were any before, and even more pathetic that everyone buys into it, thus enabling it to continue. We are all people. Just people, nothing more nor less. I would not purposefully say something to another person that I knew to be inflammatory or offensive (unless provoked in some way, of course), but neither will I walk on eggshells because some people make a career out of being offended by the least little thing and live for the ensuing drama that they create by proxy.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I read somewhere today, I don't remember where, maybe here, lol, that many Europeans think we are all like the people on Jerry Springer.

Several of my Aussie friends certainly thought that of us...it makes sense when I read a lot of the comments from people out of country on here though. Sometimes I have to double take when I read them because I truly believe the people of this country are being perceived through the filter of the absolute worst of us, because that is all other cultures see.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Saying something like "I support traditional marriage" is now considered hateful. Cities have threatened to ban or block businesses and people who donated privately to campaigns that backed it have been blacklisted from working.

Did you have some examples of this that you could share? Just so we can all be on the same page with what you're referring to?

Brendan Eich and Chik-fil-A. Eich was ousted when it came to light he made a small donation to the Prop 8 campaign privately years before he worked for Mozilla. Rahm Emanuel threatened to keep Chik-fil-A out of Chicago after the Chik-fil-A CEO made a statement supporting traditional marriage. Barilla pasta came under fire for saying it's add campaign reflected the traditional family.

He didn't just 'make a statement supporting traditional marriage'.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join