It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me some examples of Political Correctness that you disagree with

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So many threads lately about Political Correctness and how it disgusts people, scares people, and enrages people. And yet when I comment in those threads and ask for examples of Political Correctness that disgusts/scares/enrages people...they can't seem to come up with any solid examples.

So please, let's discuss, give me some examples of Political Correctness that you disagree with and why you believe society shouldn't adhere to that particular example.

For example...are you mad that you can no longer call women "hunny" in the workplace? Disgusted that you can't use a certain N word or F word to describe a segment of society? Scared that not being able to call a mentally handicapped person a retard may take away all your freedoms?

And please note, even though all my examples above are indeed examples of Political Correctness...none of them are technically illegal (unless involved in a hate crime). The only judge who will sentence you over using the terms above resides in the court of public opinion. If you want to use those terms...go ahead...just be prepared to be looked at like an uncivilized slug.

So...for those of you against Political Correctness...let's hear some examples that make you SO against "Political Correctness".

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
darn good question

undocumented workers instead of illegal immigrants, comes to mind

I'll try to think of another

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Even if it is true, Mr. Trump was ostracized for pointing it out.
edit on 10-7-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

What pisses me off is I can't call a retard a retard.

They are "mentally challenged".

If it talks like a retard and acts like a retard then it's a retard.

Edit - I was joking. (rolling my eye.)

edit on 10-7-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenixwhy would you want to call some a retard? Are you 14

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
darn good question

I'll try to think of another

So you have a problem with calling them undocumented workers?

Does it really bother you that much? If so...why?

Undocumented worker accurately describes the majority of the group we are talking about. Labeling them "illegal" is deeming their whole existence as "illegal", when their only "crime" (which is more of an infraction than a crime) is crossing an imaginary line to find work in order to provide for their family.

So I guess my basic question to you is...why would you want to choose to actively insult someone with a label rather than using a term that is non-offensive?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Having to call a PERSON "he" or "she", when really, if it's retarded, it's an IT!

Jesus! WTF is wrong with people??

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: highfromphoenixwhy would you want to call some a retard? Are you 14

Sure.

If you want to call me retarded then go ahead. I'm not going to bitch or call some #ing agency. Your view of me means nothing.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

You don't HAVE to call them that! You can call them "illegals" or "illegal aliens" or "rapists" if you want.

What's wrong with ME calling them "undocumented workers" if I want?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What pisses me off is I can't call a retard a retard.

They are "mentally challenged".

Edit - I was joking. (rolling my eye.)

Even with your Edit...I still can't tell if you were really joking or not based on your other reply.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix chill out pal

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Having to call a PERSON "he" or "she", when really, if it's retarded, it's an IT!

LOL. my mistake.

He or She may be retarded.

It was a term used for generations. Now I'm expected to say something like they are "slow" or wait here you go how about they have a "developmental disadvantageous"?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You seem to be pretty fired up - so I'm guessing this thread will go the way of you disagreeing with every post.

BUT I'll post something. I'm not against most PC. Especially what you mention, that should be common courtesy as human beings, even though it is unfortunately it's not. We as humans have evolved to where love and acceptance should be the norm.

What really bothers me is when some PC issues spill over and involve children. Anytime adults fight over what children should be allowed to do, say or act. I take issue with. And I'm talking young kids, younger than 10, kids that don't yet completely understand the world around them. Telling a kid you can't say Merry Christmas is just stupid, especially when Christmas and Santa go hand in hand. Granted 10 year olds probably realize there's no santa, but hopefully you get my point.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Swedish parliament removes Baroque artist's bare breasted painting for offending feminists and Muslims

I see nothing wrong with trying to be a good host.

They didn't "ban" the painting like the article states...they just decided that, to be courteous to their visitors, that they are no longer going to have it hang as a piece of art in parliament.

Why do you have a problem with this?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

LOL. my mistake.

He or She may be retarded.

It was a term used for generations. Now I'm expected to say something like they are "slow" or wait here you go how about they have a "developmental disadvantageous"?

So you really aren't joking huh?

You are really upset that you can't call someone a retard anymore?

Wow.

Tell you what...go ahead, call them retards all you want...just don't complain when society judges you. I think what you really want is to be able to do whatever you want without consequence...but sorry, the world doesn't work like that.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Nailed IT!

Laughing my ass off!

link   
Honest Republican.

Evil Liberal.

Conservative Morals.

Freedom Loving Fundamentalist.

I could go on.

link   

Its good you see nothing wrong changing your culture to accommodate the others while them do nothing to accommodate to yours.

Now stop defending PC and be a good host to me? no i dint think so
edit on 10-7-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   
I don't get any of the emotions you list from PC drivel. I find it to be kind of pathetic and laughable.

Banning the display or wearing of U.S. flags because it might offend people.

The obsession with dividing everybody into "something-American" groups. As long as the "something" is a minority, anyway.

Calling the Fort Hood shooting "workplace violence" instead of domestic terrorism. Or just plain terrorism. Not to mention that the Army knew the shooter was in contact with radical imams and did nothing out of fear of being accused of profiling.

An Xbox gamer had his account terminated because he used the term "gay" in his account. Turns out it was part of the name of the town he lived in, and it was used when he put in his address info. But, gay is offensive, so there's that.

Shouldn't say "merry Christmas" anymore.

Switch from BC/AD to BCE/CE. Though to be fair that one I can sort of see the argument. Still strikes me as silly.

The rush to wave the race card because somebody disagrees with the President, who happens to be black. Can't be his policies, has to be his color.

And on and on and on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join