It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio the nazi police state

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

From one Michigander to another...they always from Toledo down thru Findlay... line 3 up the ramp and one or two ahead to bust you coming down. I go to Maumee and Rossford and Perrysburg a LOT....

It took awhile for me to figure out how they know to pull over us 'ganders...its because they can see us a long way off coming by the fact we have no front license plates in Michigan like in Ohio...and they see us comin"!

They've left me alone for a good many years now...guess Ive been lucky (knock on wood)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I especially love those "fines doubled in work areas" or the "give them a brake" signs for the highway workers... that's all good and stuff except for when the speed limit is reduced a significant amount for several miles and there isn't a soul to be seen for literally miles except for heavy equipment sitting by the roadside and a few cops drooling to write tickets for anyone they catch speeding in a "work area".

If you are lucky... you might get the "speed reduced when flashing" signs, but that still gets my goat when there isn't a single construction worker to be seen during the whole reduced speed zone area.
edit on R212015-07-11T01:21:33-05:00k217Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

That's my least favorite part of going to Cedar Point every year: If you take Route 2, I think the majority of the road is 55mph, and one thing I noticed is that everyone from out-of-state drives strictly at the 55mph limit. Well, I've been passed by in-state locals going 70+ mph on there, no cop in sight. God help me if I go one mark over the 55 limit.

And don't feel bad about slamming the brakes - I've done it before many times where the limit suddenly drops from 70 to 55; that drive to Findlay took forever. I hated not having a warning or slower speed limits as you get closer (IE: First couple miles say the speed limit is 70, next couple warn you to slow to 60, next couple warn you to slow to 55, etc).

So you say I-75 is being worked on? I was going to plan a trip relatively soon, but might just stay in-state if they are working on the freeway.

-foss

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Yeah the entire northern half of the state on I75 it's a nightmare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join