It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio the nazi police state

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's been a while since I've been out of my state of Michigan. I had to drive down to Kentucky yesterday and what a nightmare Ohio is along I75. The entire northern half of the state on I75 is under construction. I've never seen so many cops looking to nail people. The speed traps were everywhere. I counted 9 cops on the way down and 6 on the way back. They had one car pulled over ripping it apart doing a search. There were signs on the side of the freeway saying report drug activity. I've never seen that before in my state. In my state if the speed limit drops there will be signs warning to reduce speed ahead. Not in Ohio it goes from 70 to 55 and there will be a cop sitting 100 yards past the sign when it drops. Other than slamming on the brakes I had no time to slow down before the cop got me on radar. Not to mention speed limits all over the place one minute it's 70 the next it's 55 then it's 65 then 55 then 70. I'm a safe driver and I obey the law but the freeway in Ohio is a nightmare. I was literally cheering once I got out of the state. I gotta go back to Kentucky next month and I'm dreading it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome
Next time take the scenic route.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

In Kentucky we call Ohio the bad side of the river . Lol

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
It's been a while since I've been out of my state of Michigan. I had to drive down to Kentucky yesterday and what a nightmare Ohio is along I75. The entire northern half of the state on I75 is under construction. I've never seen so many cops looking to nail people. The speed traps were everywhere.
... I'm a safe driver and I obey the law but the freeway in Ohio is a nightmare. I was literally cheering once I got out of the state. I gotta go back to Kentucky next month and I'm dreading it.

Thanks for the warning!

I'll be driving Mother there to visit relatives soon,
I'll watch the signs carefully.

edit on 12Fri, 10 Jul 2015 12:09:27 -0500pm71007pmk105 by grandmakdw because: shorten quote

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ohio has 2 seasons, Winter and Road Construction.

We do have a heavy police presence here in Ohio and yes they LOVE the contruction zones. With fines being doubled in a contruction zone, who wouldn't. $$$

I can remeber the days of going home to Alabama down I71 and I would see at least 5 fold the amount of police from Columbus to the Kentucky border than I would the rest of my trip home down I71 to Louisville then I65 to Alabama.

Ohio is a no nonsense state..lol

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

This is a true statement.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I haven't been to Kentucky since I was a kid. We stopped at a McDonalds it was like a different planet. My grandmother got in line to buy some food and all of the men let her go first and called her mam. I'm from Detroit and if you try to get ahead of someone in line here they'll cut your throat. It kinda restored my faith in humanity.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Ohio has 2 seasons, Winter and Road Construction.

We do have a heavy police presence here in Ohio and yes they LOVE the contruction zones. With fines being doubled in a contruction zone, who wouldn't. $$$

I can remeber the days of going home to Alabama down I71 and I would see at least 5 fold the amount of police from Columbus to the Kentucky border than I would the rest of my trip home down I71 to Louisville then I65 to Alabama.

Ohio is a no nonsense state..lol
I'm poor if I got a ticket I'd tell the judge to lock me up I got more time then money. I'd sit there and rot before I paid a bs trap ticket like the once I saw yesterday.
edit on 10-7-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

In Ohio we call Ohio the bad side of the river. Lol

Driving down the interstate in Ohio you will see tons of cops, but try calling one when there's an actual crime going on.

The State Police in Ohio exist for no other reason than to give out tickets and DUIs. Do not trust them, they are rigorously trained to lie. Also in Ohio if a trooper says you were speeding you are automatically guilty even if their dashcam video clearly shows you are not. They are supposedly trained to be able to tell the speed of a moving vehicle with pinpoint accuracy through eyesight alone (who is giving this training, Charles Xavier?) and this superhuman ability trumps even their own dashcam footage.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I haven't been to Kentucky since I was a kid. We stopped at a McDonalds it was like a different planet. My grandmother got in line to buy some food and all of the men let her go first and called her mam. I'm from Detroit and if you try to get ahead of someone in line here they'll cut your throat. It kinda restored my faith in humanity.

When you get out in the country. You still see people that pull over for A funeral procession get out of the car and if they have a hat take it off .

That's big on respect .

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

It's been a while since I've been out of my state of Michigan. I had to drive down to Kentucky yesterday and what a nightmare Ohio is along I75. The entire northern half of the state on I75 is under construction. I've never seen so many cops looking to nail people. The speed traps were everywhere.
... I'm a safe driver and I obey the law but the freeway in Ohio is a nightmare. I was literally cheering once I got out of the state. I gotta go back to Kentucky next month and I'm dreading it.

Thanks for the warning!

Yeah it's not a pleasant drive the speed limit changes every 10-15 minutes in some cases. My entire ride through the state was spent watching for speed limit signs. I was exhausted by the time it was over. 5 hours there 5 hours back of nothing but watching for speed limit signs.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

When you get out in the country. You still see people that pull over for A funeral procession get out of the car and if they have a hat take it off .

That's big on respect .
People in northern Michigan are the same way. You're blessed to live in such an area.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If you have ever seen a coworker get hit by a speeding car in a construction zone then you would understand and be thankful why there are many officers in those areas.

Smh.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Thanks for the warning!

Yeah it's not a pleasant drive the speed limit changes every 10-15 minutes in some cases. My entire ride through the state was spent watching for speed limit signs. I was exhausted by the time it was over. 5 hours there 5 hours back of nothing but watching for speed limit signs.

If you get tired just from paying attention to the road then you should not drive.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

If you have ever seen a coworker get hit by a speeding car in a construction zone then you would understand and be thankful why there are many officers in those areas.

Smh.
I'm all for protecting the road workers no one deserves to get hit by a car while working. What I witnessed was a bit more extreme than protecting workers. It look more like a money making racket to me set to extort money out of drivers. It's one thing to protect workers it's another to blatantly extort cash out of drivers for municipal means.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Smh.

I'm failing to see what endless speed traps and cops everywhere has anything to do with someone not having awareness of there surroundings.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the warning!

Yes 10 hours of dodging aholes and constently speeding up slowing down watching signs and worrying about tickets is a bit nerve racking.

If you get tired just from paying attention to the road then you should not drive.
Yes ten hours of dodging jerks potholes and watching for speed traps was a bit nerve racking and took it's toll.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
State troopers in Ohio are mostly a-holes. I respect my local sheriff, but I have no use for the jack-booted thugs from Columbus. Calling an experience with Ohio troopers unpleasant would be an understatement.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
having run around the ironton, oh./ashland, ky./huntington, w.va area, i can attest to the police-stateness.

but i have to disagree about kentucky being much better. i have lived (in several economic locales) in morehead, bowling green,ft. knox, and franklin, ky. i have worked in ashland, lexington, louisville, bullitt co. jefferson co. maysville, owensboro in MANY professions.

kentucky, is one of the worst states (BESIDES CALIFORNIA!!!!) to live in unless you are financially well off (so that you may purchase a "hill" in the appalachian part of the state). the income:cost-of-living is just too low here, in ALL areas that i have witnessed.
edit on 10-7-2015 by fixitwcw because: typo

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
When we moved from FL to MI, we took the alternate route in Kentucky & came via Indiana. It was boring as hell (corn fields, corn fields, and more corn fields) but it was a quiet drive for us. My better half used to travel quite a bit around the country when he had the time & funds, and suggested we take that route through Indiana because he was well aware of the highway speed traps & speed transition traps you mentioned. He figured with a huge moving van & trailer, we'd be a ticket target, easy.
Best I can suggest is that if it's not too much out of your way, go through Indiana next time.
edit on 7/10/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join