It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Returned From Colorado - Can't Wait to Go Back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So, over the past week, my husband and I have been tooling around Colorado, seeing some of the most beautiful places! We stayed in some cabins in the woods and had three TOTALLY relaxing days there! The traveling days were just as wonderful, because there is so much beauty to see! We're already planning our next trip.

This is our little cabin on Cebolla Creek...

The view out the back

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Umm, I don't see any fishing poles. Slacker.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
From the title I really thought this was going to involve sampling some mean green.

Really nice little piece of heaven you guys have got there.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hey, as long as you are not from California...move on over here! Always welcoming to guests..i love Colorado. I have lived here for 20 years and yet there is still about half an entire state of beauty i have yet to see. Colorado can keep those who like the outdoors busy for life.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AbstractDreamz

Umm, I don't see any fishing poles. Slacker.

LOL! No, we didn't fish this time. But there were plenty of fish to be had...

originally posted by: lightedhype
Hey, as long as you are not from California...move on over here! Always welcoming to guests..i love Colorado. I have lived here for 20 years and yet there is still about half an entire state of beauty i have yet to see.

There was a LOT of land for sale up there, but the price of land is outrageous! We own this place, so I don't see us moving up there. I know we'll be visiting more, though, because we only saw a tiny bit.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How beautiful! Colorado is so spectacular
Glad you enjoyed your trip BH>

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Mmmmm Colorado. Did you have a high time....?

Because you were in the mountains?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We went through two passes that were amazing! The first was 11,000+ feet and I hadn't done much research on that route and was surprised by it. The other was just south of Ouray, and I knew about that one, but the experience of driving through them both was pretty amazing. I wanted more pictures, but they almost do the scenery an injustice. You can't capture that beauty with a little point-n-shoot.

I will admit that, at one point, I did sing 'Rocky Mountain High' by John Denver.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
how quaint!!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Looks like a great place to recharge.
Glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Love the cabin and the creek out back, you found the perfect spot. With all the rain bet the creek was running high. Looks absolutely beautiful but I'm a bit bias. Seems a whole lot more people are enjoying our state these days.

There's only about 9 full time families in our development. 4th of July week convoys of people, campers, boats you name it converged on us.

One guy wanted to buy a piece of our frontage/driveway to access his land. He found out how much culverts cost and decided using our drive/front yard would be so much cheaper, boy was he wrong.

The new dispensary here in the county was up running/doing lots of tourist trade. I think everyone was having a really good time. The water park in town was packed too.

We went to the San Luis Valley yesterday. The land sale signs advertised pieces for 70 bucks a month.

Not sure how much land $70 a month buys but people are putting campers/sheds and even a few train cars on their property. Not the prettiest land, it's flat in the valley but views are spectacular. Things are a bit lax over there, here too for that matter.

Flight for life flies over our house. During the holidays I see it way too often. I'm happy to report this 4th I didn't see it once. Although I did see a private helicopter shuttling people in from the local landing strip.

Colorado's pretty damn good, seems everywhere I go I see lots of happy people. Have a great summer everyone.

edit on 7-10-2015 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory
Love the cabin and the creek out back, you found the perfect spot. With all the rain bet the creek was running high.

It really was the perfect spot and not very far off the (paved) road. We may go back because it was so nice there, and not far from Gunnison. The "creek" (we call that a "river" here in New Mexico! LOL!) was running a little high and it rained some every day, but there were enough breaks to take nice walks and to bbq our food.

The new dispensary here in the county was up running/doing lots of tourist trade.

We saw a few of those, too. It's strange, though. It's legal, but there seems to be a lot of stigma surrounding it that doesn't exist with cigarettes or alcohol.

We went to the San Luis Valley yesterday. The land sale signs advertised pieces for 70 bucks a month.

Wow! That must be a small parcel of land! We live on 5 acres here and wouldn't want to go any smaller, so I have a feeling we'd be unable to afford something up there. But we did a lot of dreaming!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I live here - and as gorgeous as it is - my favorite state is definitely New Mexico :-)

It's always been my dream to move there someday

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: trevordd
I want to go there soon too. How did you travel there? On your own car or rented? I need to rent car at that location, so I am interested in it. My friend recommended me to look for www.carrentalsmarket.com... rent service as he uses it too. Have you tried it?

No, we didn't rent a car.

top topics

join