It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering The U.S. Government's Secret Human Experiments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Reading this should remind everyone how much your government loves and cares about you.

We should put them in charge of teaching our children, administering our health care... and what the hell, let's allow them to dip into our paycheck as they see fit.

Oh... they already do?
Silly us.

Blaming "government" is ridiculous. As if public school teachers, workers at the DMV, and county clerks are the problem. People need to actually look into the individuals involved in these programs & go from there. Or do you actually think everyone in the military & National Guard was in on these programs, too? Since, you know, they're also part of the big bad government.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Who brought us the ACA?

Someone other than the government.
Oh yeah, that was my Aunt Edith, Right????

I am not blaming individuals, I am blaming the entity. You think that since it is made up of a lot of individuals it has no influence over our lives????

Ever hear of Common Core????

Teachers that I know hate it.... but they are.forced.by administrators to teach by the Common Core standards.
Ridiculous?
edit on b000000312015-07-10T20:48:42-05:0008America/ChicagoFri, 10 Jul 2015 20:48:42 -0500800000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Apologies all. I cannot seem to link directly to the comments on the article however i can still see them directly at the link provided in the OP.

I am clicking on the OP link through a mobile. That may have something to do with it. On my mobile you just have to let the article load for a VERY long time and eventually a view comments button pops up. They are facebook comments but you dont need to be signed in.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Who brought us the ACA?

Someone other than the government.
Oh yeah, that was my Aunt Edith, Right????

I am not blaming individuals, I am blaming the entity. You think that since it is made up of a lot of individuals it has no influence over our lives????

Ever hear of Common Core????

Teachers that I know hate it.... but they are.forced.by administrators to teach by the Common Core standards.
Ridiculous?

You speak of "government" like it's a separate entity but it's not. It's just a series of legal documents that grant positions, departments, and rules. It's the people who fill those positions, run those agencies, and create those rules that have the power & make the decisions you claim you don't like.

That's the whole point in lawmakers - they literally create these rules & regulations. So to blame "government" itself is stupid & misses the point. Why not blame the specific people that write those laws? You know, the specific officers who create a classified plan to experiment on our citizens? Or the specific person who wrote the rules for Common Core? By letting those specific people avoid blame, you perpetuate the problem. Because they can resign from one position then run for another & you wouldn't have the slightest clue. You still vote them back in power then complain when big bad "government" does something wrong again.

Teachers like my sister are public workers, so they work for the government. Firefighters work with their governments as well. Police & all law enforcement also work for the government. The people who issue you fishing & hunting licenses work for the government as well. Are you going to blame them too? Because they're all a part of the government, as are every single member of the military. Or do you not believe in accountability for the people who actually create & implement the policies you don't like?
edit on 10-7-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So you believe that the people that came up with the experiment are the same individuals that approved it?
Do you think that the people that wrote Common Core are the ones that forced it on almost every public school in the nation?
Did a particular insurance executive stand before the House of Representatives and tell them they had to pass it?

The government is an entity, and we have lost control of it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

So you believe that the people that came up with the experiment are the same individuals that approved it?
Do you think that the people that wrote Common Core are the ones that forced it on almost every public school in the nation?
Did a particular insurance executive stand before the House of Representatives and tell them they had to pass it?

The government is an entity, and we have lost control of it.

-facepalm-

You blame everyone when only a few are involved in each of those processes. That lets me know you don't know how bills are written, much less passed or implemented.

There's a reason why school board elections are important, though most voters don't care about them. People who are positioned to profit from charter schools, de-funding public schools, and Common Core run for these positions or lobby to be appointed to those school boards (and related departments). They get big money from other people & organizations who can also profit from those policies. People who actually want to change these policies don't get support because nobody cares enough to vote for these elections.

The same thing happens with every other policy. It's not like everyone in "big bad government" gets together & decides to screw over the country. Select people in select agencies, departments, or think tanks decide they want to do something. Then they lobby, vote, or appoint until that plan becomes implemented.

That's the whole reason actual progressives fight against something called "the revolving door". Corporations & think tanks have mastered the cycle of selecting an industry insider and funding their campaign to get elected. That newly elected insider uses their new power to force through new laws & regulations that help their former industry. Then they quit politics & return as a hero to their former industry. Many of these politicians & bureaucrats literally use their political careers as a proving grounds to get more lucrative jobs when they retire from politics.

Why won't you blame those individuals instead of blaming everyone, including the people who aren't even involved in it?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Naw, the gubbermint would nebber do nuttin to us sitzins...

edit on 10-7-2015 by NightFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight
Yes. I mentioned this in the OP. Thanks for posting the vid. Never hurts to have a visual aid to help make the point.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: NightFlight
Yes. I mentioned this in the OP. Thanks for posting the vid. Never hurts to have a visual aid to help make the point.

The first two I posted wouldn't load. The third one was the charm...

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I would say that humans in general can be rather bad, evil, corrupt etc, but when we look at all the evil events like in this post that America did one just shutters at what the rest of the world had done with the sheer magnitude in comparison.

Another side to all this is we look at past events through 2015 glasses and back when most of this happened these events were rather tame to what China, Russia, Europe etc had done during the same periods.

When China killed and starved 100+ million to enter into their industrial age or events like in Russia where they camped 1000s of troops near a radiated lake to see how long they can last and continue to fight, these are just what we know with books of events equal or worst in what we do not know that makes what the US has done seem like child's play in comparison.

Just look at China today and one would not want to go there, well maybe go there but not eat, drink or breath their air...

edit on 11-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Justified? Makes one wonder just how many more experiments have been "justified", we still have no knowledge of. If we are being told this much, among other cases admitted to during the Clinton years, such as giving black people syphilis, sterilizing thousands of women without their knowledge or consent, and mind control experiments. What are we not being told about?
Article Link

Pretty much every bit of medical knowledge we have in the world was ultimately obtained as a result of human experimentation. They could have chosen to not use citizens as the test subjects but then we lose medical knowledge which creates a greater harm in the long run. It also opens us up to being attacked by a foreign power in that manner, as a result of those experiments defenses were made. They could have always used soldiers rather than civilians but that's no better an option.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Naw, the gubbermint would nebber do nuttin to us sitzins...

My great aunt's husband got infected from the Tuskegee Experiments. You'd be surprised how bad it got because that wasn't the only thing that was done to them. You should also look into the Pellagra Incident. Here's more on it:

The Pellagra Incident (1935) Pellagra is a vitamin deficiency disease most commonly caused by a chronic lack of niacin (vitamin B3) in the diet. After millions of people died in the early twentieth century, the U.S. Public Health service decided to put a stop to this. This is not a fun disease, either. People affected with it get severe skin lesions, are sensitive to sunlight, get dementia, and finally die. It was discovered that by not treating corn with lime, niacin was depleted from the body. Since people did not know the benefits of this, large quantities of corn were being eaten and people were dying world wide from this disease.

Publicly, scientists claimed that it had to do with a germ or toxin found in corn, but people continued to eat corn because that is what they had. Between 1915 and 1916, over 100,000 people died in the U.S. South from this disease. In 1915, the U.S. Surgeon General, Joseph Fishman ordered a study done on Pellagra. It was conducted on U.S. prisoners and was found to be a result of their diet – specifically lack of niacin in the body. However, this information wasn’t revealed to the public until 1935! Why? The director of the U.S. Public Health Service, Hugh S. Cumming, stated that they knew about the cure for twenty years and did nothing about it because most deaths from Pellagra only occurred in poor, black populations!

5 Horrific Human Experiments Done By The U.S.

Then there's the John Hopkins experiments. Just one example led to a massive $1 BILLION lawsuit against the John Hopkins University for human experiments in Guatemala, particularly STDs. Here's the opening paragraph for one of the links below:

Almost 800 people have filed a $1 billion (£676 million) suit against the Johns Hopkins Hospital System Corp after hundreds were unwittingly infected with syphilis, gonorrhoea and other infections as part of study into sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) conducted by the US Government more than 65 years ago.

Johns Hopkins lawsuit: Almost 800 sue after victims were unknowingly infected with syphilis in US Government experiment

Guatemalans deliberately infected with STDs sue Johns Hopkins University for $1bn
edit on 11-7-2015 by enlightenedservant because: links at the bottom seemed to merge into one. thanks obama bin palin!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Justified? Makes one wonder just how many more experiments have been "justified", we still have no knowledge of. If we are being told this much, among other cases admitted to during the Clinton years, such as giving black people syphilis, sterilizing thousands of women without their knowledge or consent, and mind control experiments. What are we not being told about?
Article Link

Pretty much every bit of medical knowledge we have in the world was ultimately obtained as a result of human experimentation. They could have chosen to not use citizens as the test subjects but then we lose medical knowledge which creates a greater harm in the long run. It also opens us up to being attacked by a foreign power in that manner, as a result of those experiments defenses were made. They could have always used soldiers rather than civilians but that's no better an option.

I'm not so sure that line of reasoning would be a comfort to the victims of these "justified" experiments on the population.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Which individual sets my rate of taxation?
Which individual in government can decide to abolish a law?

If we were to try someone for biological testing that led to the deaths of person or persons, is there just one individual that is responsible, when this was done under the auspices of 'government'?

The government is an entity, just like corporations are entities.
Oh, throw your face palms all you want, but you are talking out your ass here:

You blame everyone when only a few are involved in each of those processes. That lets me know you don't know how bills are written, much less passed or implemented. 

I understood all of this when I was in elementary school, over 40 years ago.

535 individuals vote on a bill to enable passage into law. Which individual in the majority is responsible for the bill passing?
edit on b000000312015-07-11T09:50:58-05:0009America/ChicagoSat, 11 Jul 2015 09:50:58 -0500900000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

this is shocking , i am stumped for words . I know they do secret tests but I never knew they was this screwed up. curious read though. Been researching lots of other things after reading this .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Thank you for creating this thread...people need to know and dig and study for themselves too. This information just confirms why a relative of mine went through the things that he did.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
"Ever notice how this stuff makes it's way into public purview only after decades? Yet the government can't keep a secret? I think they keep them just fine, and let them out when it is expedient to do so"

That is probably one of the most meaningful quotes I've read in a long time.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dingdongdoodah

this is shocking , i am stumped for words . I know they do secret tests but I never knew they was this screwed up. curious read though. Been researching lots of other things after reading this .

Keep researching. We need to be realistically aware of what's going on in our country, and our world, as much as is possible. It would be naive of us to think these "experiments" stopped decades ago.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Thank you for creating this thread...people need to know and dig and study for themselves too. This information just confirms why a relative of mine went through the things that he did.

Sorry your relative might have been one of the "lucky" ones. I also have someone close to me, that has suffered with a "mystery" illness for many years.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

yeah i knew of experiments on solders and what not but given some of the stuff i have seen today , i am flaberghsted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join