It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering The U.S. Government's Secret Human Experiments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It isn't often you see a story like this posted on MSN, or one of the other mainstream sources. But when you do, it's usually soft-soaped, and details are left out when you start digging deeper. Nevertheless, I think it's worth our time to remember incidents like this from our past, compliments of the U.S. Government...

San Francisco's fog is famous, especially in the summer, when weather conditions combine to create the characteristic cooling blanket that sits over the Bay Area. But one fact many may not know about San Francisco's fog is that in 1950, the US military conducted a test to see whether it could be used to help spread a biological weapon in a "simulated germ warfare attack." This was just the start of many such tests around the country that would go on in secret for years.

Chemfog?

It all began in late September of 1950, when over a few days, a Navy vessel used giant hoses to spray a fog of two kinds of bacteria, Serratia marcescens and Bacillus globigii — both believed at the time to be harmless — out into the fog, where they disappeared and spread over the city.

And I have a bridge to sell you.

Nearly all of San Francisco received 500 particle minutes per liter. In other words, nearly every one of the 800,000 people in San Francisco exposed to the cloud at normal breathing rate (10 liters per minute) inhaled 5000 or more particles per minute during the several hours that they remained airborne.

Obviously not too harmful, short term anyway. Unless...

In 2005, the FDA stated that "Serratia marcescens bacteria ... can cause serious, life-threatening illness in patients with compromised immune systems."

Over the next 20 years, the military would conduct 239 "germ warfare" tests over populated areas, according to news reports from the 1970s (after the secret tests had been revealed) in The New York Times, Washington Post, Associated Press and other publications (via Lexis-Nexis), and also detailed in congressional testimony from the 1970s.

Ever notice how this stuff makes it's way into public purview only after decades? Yet the government can't keep a secret? I think they keep them just fine, and let them out when it is expedient to do so.

The bacteria has shown up in a few other Bay Area health crises since the 1950s, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, leading to some speculation that the original spraying could have established a new microbial population in the area.

As I said, in the short term.

The article goes on to say a lawsuit was filed by a man whose father had died during this time...

but the court held that the government was immune to a lawsuit for negligence and that they were justified in conducting tests without subjects' knowledge.

Justified? Makes one wonder just how many more experiments have been "justified", we still have no knowledge of. If we are being told this much, among other cases admitted to during the Clinton years, such as giving black people syphilis, sterilizing thousands of women without their knowledge or consent, and mind control experiments. What are we not being told about?
Article Link
edit on 7/10/2015 by Klassified because: add

edit on 7/10/2015 by Klassified because: re-word - spelling

edit on 7/10/2015 by Klassified because: bold

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
For all their ills...

The finger can solely be pointed towards a small group, above the law, so to speak.

Every nation has these skeletons in their closet...

And an autopsy of those skeletons would show a plethora of sinister experimentation.

China, Russia, Britain, Israel, U.S, Japan, Germany...

Damn the list of inhumane practices is pretty much endless.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Damn the list of inhumane practices is pretty much endless.

But always in the name of humanity.

Funny, that logic.

We're going to build the most destructive devices on the planet and point thousands of them at each other, just in case we need to protect our way of life.

The world is run by adult children in a gotcha, gotcha-back scheme. Its senseless for ordinary people to ponder.

edit on 10-7-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Absolutely.

I think of the experiments done on the mentally ill over the last couple of centuries...

All the inhumane tests done, as you say, for the sake of humanity.

The real crazy ones were doing the experiments.

There's an irony overload.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Indeed. I have often said...The patients are running the asylum.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I remember hearing about this before. The stories of benign germ warfare are just around the main stream media outlet corner.

I used to read Soldier of Fortune magazine back in the 80's. They discussed all that stuff in there, mostly from a Cold war arms race its necessary type of anti communist bravado.

One of the ones that stuck in my mind was the germ warfare in a light bulb scenario, where they released benign germs into subway systems by dropping iight bulbs on the loading ramps.

That idea was copied by that cult in Japan when they did the same thing with nerve gas in the subway. Guess where they got the idea from?

Damn germ warfare experiments. Good treatise on that…

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

One of the ones that stuck in my mind was the germ warfare in a light bulb scenario, where they released benign germs into subway systems by dropping iight bulbs on the loading ramps.

Yes. Interesting you would mention subway systems...

These tests included the large-scale releases of bacteria in the New York City subway system, on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and in National Airport just outside Washington, D.C.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

...and than some people laugh at conspiracy theories. To think no government in the world would dare to experiment on it's own citizens, engage in assassinations or plan false flag operations is being totally naïve. Just think of all the other secret experiments, government projects and cover-ups we don't know about.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

...and than some people laugh at conspiracy theories. To think no government in the world would dare to experiment on it's own citizens, engage in assassinations or plan false flag operations is being totally naïve. Just think of all the other secret experiments, government projects and cover-ups we don't know about.

Which is why I put that quote from Travis Walton as my signature. I think he nailed it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Makes me think of what other "experiments in the name of science" are being conducted NOW on the public without their knowledge.

Freaky #!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I got an experimental vaccine and NERVE agent pills..1990.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Some sick stuff.
The CIA actually used a motel as a brothel once. They would give prostitutes various STDs, and then they would pay the women to bring men in and do what hookers do. Not to mention the time they hid syphillis underneath the foreskin on guys who then also had tons of sex.

Think off all the experiments we do not collectively know about. Seriously - read the comments on that article. COUNTLESS US Veterans on there sharing their personal experiment experiences.

Just read the comments.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

read the comments on that article. COUNTLESS US Veterans on there sharing their personal experiment experiences.

I would like to. Can you link us to them? I'm not seeing them below the article, or in the links throughout the article.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Gulf War vet?

What bothered me were people working right next to me being given completely different pills.

WTF?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I also couldn't find the comments you mentioned, and I'm really curious can you explain where you found them?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Makes me think of what other "experiments in the name of science" are being conducted NOW on the public without their knowledge.

Freaky #!

I guess we'll know in a few decades what's happening behind the scenes now.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I guess this explains why Frisco keeps re-electing Nancy Pelosi.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Reading this should remind everyone how much your government loves and cares about you.

We should put them in charge of teaching our children, administering our health care... and what the hell, let's allow them to dip into our paycheck as they see fit.

Oh... they already do?
Silly us.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
And it looks like we're still being 'Guinea Pigged' as of a couple years ago... goo from the govt in WA state.

This was just the first link I found... but it's appeared in other places with more veracity...

www.infowars.com...

Edit to add: and there was a more recent episode from the Northwest a few years ago with bacteria found in a gel covering the ground after a rain that sickened and killed some pets (causality not being correlation, of course).
edit on 7/10/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
Too bad the video is missing from that article. I did find another one though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join