It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Omar Sharif has died aged 83

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Actor and renowned contract bridge player Omar Sharif suffered a heart attack and died at a hospital for patients suffering from Alzheimer's disease in Cairo.
Omar Sharif is perhaps best remembered for his roles in the films Lawrence Of Arabia and Doctor Zhivago but will be remembered by most as a debonair gent with a mischievous flash in his eye.

Egypt-born Sharif won two Golden Globe awards and an Oscar nomination for his role as Sherif Ali in David Lean's 1962 epic Lawrence of Arabia.
He won a further Golden Globe three years later for Doctor Zhivago.
Earlier this year, his agent confirmed that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.
His agent Steve Kenis said: "He suffered a heart attack this afternoon in a hospital in Cairo."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Rest in peace Sir , a life well lived.

edit on 10-7-2015 by gortex because: edit to add video

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Any movie I ever saw Omar in...he captivated me. My favorite role of his is in the movie (Funny Girl) with Barbara S.

He will live on with us via his films...RIP Omar...well done.

edit on 2015-07-10T09:57:56-05:00amFridayam1020157America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Rest in peace fellow Egyptian! Was a great actor, as well as off-screen character.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Well, that is a great shame, although it has to be said that eighty three is a bloody good knock. Its not as if he slacked off early, is it?

I was always impressed by his presence and talent when I saw him on the screen, and I hope that he enjoyed his life as much as folk enjoyed living in a world which contained him.

top topics

join