It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All people are sinners.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It's all part of our evolution. If we don't destroy ourselves, we'll progress, just like every other biological entity. Ants war. Lots of plants and animal adapt ruthless strategies for success. If their strategies fail, the species fails. We've seen the extinction of species before. It's because they took an unsuccessful route.

If God created mankind, he created it with these safeguards for a purpose. Perhaps extinction is "his" plan, and "he" means to give us new more advanced bodies anyway, after we spiritually evolve through our destructive adolescence.

We're all meant to die anyway, so, does God really care about the preservation of the human species as it is on Earth? Not according to the Bible.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

yawn...not another of these threads...ad nauseam

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Gossip is a sin
Telling a lie is a sin

Being in certain threads on ATS is a sin; a complete waste of my valuable time!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Gossip is only a sin if it is a lie. A lie is only a sin if it is intended to harm.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

First Question,
Is everything you believe to be true actually true?

Second Question,
Is it true that the universe and life were came into being thru time and chance acting on matter ?

Third Question,
What is a sinner according to Christian Theology?

Fourth Question,
Which theory has more explanatory power virtual reality theory or Physical realism is the thesis that the world is more or less as present-day physical theory says it is, i.e. a mind-independent reality, that consists fundamentally of physical objects that have causal powers, are located in space and time, belong to natural kinds, and interact causally with each other in various natural kinds of ways.

PHYSICAL REALISM - ResearchGate. Available from: www.researchgate.net... [accessed Jul 11, 2015].

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If the body is identified with then that is a mistake (sin). If there is a belief that 'I am inside the body and the world is outside my body' - that is a mistake (missing the mark, sin). So in a way yes, all people are sinners BUT really there are no sinners because there is nothing individual, nothing separate.
There is only life.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So in a way yes, all people are sinners BUT really there are no sinners because there is nothing individual, nothing separate.
There is only life.

Define life...

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Seems to me that common sense is a much better term than "sin".

Lack of common sense leads to errors in how one lives and does things, hence, a sinner, is simply someone who lacks common sense.

Christian belief going back to Moses, and the 10 commandments....
Every single one of those commandments can easily be termed common sense instead of breaking God's laws.
No doubt the world lacks common sense...

But that is just my take on "sin".

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If a person is sinful ((which means falling short of the mark of maturity.. imperfect..immature) it means they cannot overcome their imperfection by their will because of their imperfection.To try to do so is precisely the method of religion that blinds a person to the truth of reality…their imperfect/immature nature which is religious..because a persons religion is what makes a person sinful .The amalgamation of all of a persons experiences form their belief in faith of “their” Belief System religion.A person can no more “change” their nature and those experiences than they can will to become a butterfly and fly to the 7th moon of Saturn.

A persons character is what they do and who they are,their character is what changes when they experience their life uniquely however it is the core nature of religion that is imperfect that cannot be changed by an act of the will.A persons experiences can be the catalyst that changes their character but the person cannot change their nature by any act (especially religious).

That is the crux of the fallacy and perversion of Christianity.They believe by having faith in some religious doctrines that they have changed their sinful nature to be born again,spirit filled etc.. however they haven’t changed their nature one bit they are just acting according to their nature and character and are “acting “ religious.

These acts of acting may be in the form of doing benevolent deeds however most of those acts are not the character of the person.These acts are motivated by the persons nature of religion agenda (be good by being born again and go to heaven,receive rewards etc..).This is the religious condition Yahoshua addressed when he said:

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of people, to be seen by them. Otherwise, you will have no reward from your Father in your heavens”.

Those “acts” are performed as “acting" of their religion and are meaningless(empty void…rewardless of no benefit).However occasionally the upside is it may benefit others by the actor "acting" good(which is not their natural corrupt state) however it does not benefit the actor at all but causes them to be MORE delusional and deceived because they think their “character” is good because of their “work” acting.

Christianity calls this overcoming sin by being born agin filled or walking in the spirit etc etc…when that is not what it is at all… it is the abundant evidence of an abundance of sin ( falling short of maturity) and the delusion of religion.The only way to “overcome” this vicious cycle of religion is to be “forgiven” which does not mean pardoned of guilt, it means freed from bondage…in this case the bondage of the persons religion.A person cannot escape from the bondage of their own religion because the religion makes them unaware they are in a prison!!They have no desire to escape because they embrace it.It is their life and character.

Some have been very,very fortunate to be be “forgiven” and freed from the bondage of their foundational religion (like Christianity,Islam etc etc).Most of them were brought up in that religion some embraced it later in life however ,the only way to escape it is to be freed by an outside source.It doesn’t matter one bit if the person who is freed believes the source, what matters is they have been freed!The downside is ….it is only their “foundational” religion (religion-religion) they have been freed from.Their core nature of religion remains.It usually has been greatly diminished however it is still there and is the source of sin(missing the mark of maturity).

Some people(very,very few) are atheist and have never believed in a religion-religion and it’s false God.They can go either way and everything in between. If the person experiences don’t lead them into corruption and their character is not corrupt they are what is perceived as “good people”.If their experiences are very corrupt and their character is corrupt they are very bad people(sociopaths killers criminals).

Of course this is a purposeful over simplification.There is not one size fits all.Humanity is infinitely complex.The point is there are no “methods” to lead a “good” life free of sin.The judgement of good and bad is highly subjective until the conditions are black and white.Most of life is infinite shades of gray.
Mans purpose in life is to “live”however that life’s core foundation is the sin of their religion.No man can escape or change/alter that nature in any way on their own by any method(especially religious).What will change is a persons character(how they react to their nature) in accordance to how they act upon their experiences.

In other words it is impossible for a person to change their nature or character by an act of their own will in ANY form because theyhave zero idea what the sum of those experiences will be.It is the proverbial..you can’t lift yourself up by your own bootstraps especially if you don’t know where your bootstraps are .You can’t “travel” to the future and react to how you are going to act then return to the present and change your behavior.

In one sense the experience man perceives as “their life” is already set and written.When they are no longer living their life will be a book where all of the events are their story.None of those events are changeable.That is the person they really are yet they cannot “know” now because the story is not complete so there is no sensible reason (or way) to alter the events of their history.They will do exactly according to their nature and character of who they are, when they do it.

This is the great dilemma of mankind that causes the delusion of a false reality.The clear fact is man has zero control over their lives they only believe they do.There are infinite causes and effects completely out of a persons control that are ALL in the equation even though they are not “known”.You can only “act” upon them in accordance to your nature and character and what you “know”(very,very little).

It should quickly become apparent the futility of “overcoming” a sinful nature because it is impossible to know all the factors.The only possible thing to do is act according to your nature and character at the given time.That is life.There is no other way to live in the physical realm of infinite possibilities.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: grandmakdw

Gossip is a sin
Telling a lie is a sin

Being in certain threads on ATS is a sin; a complete waste of my valuable time!

Then PLEASE do us all a favor and don't read it.

I only read threads I am interested in, and quit, when, as happens, the thread starts to go in circles.

Please don't waste my valuable time with a reply that I take the time to look at
(because my reply section says I have a reply)
with a post that is a total waste of my time to read. YAWN

I could care less you are bored,
and really don't want to hear about it.

Just move on to another thread.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

But if I were to cast myself in the light of how a christian is supposed to live, I would have to judge myself a sinner.

Welcome to the club! I have been here for a while...please come in and make yourself warm. According to all the major Abrahamic religions, I would be considered a huge sinner, yet, here I AM striving. Somebody up there must REALLY love me because look at all these "pure and devout" souls living by the good book and still being treated as if they are Job.

On a side note: I find it ironic (and funny) that the concept of sin within Christianity has lost its original meaning to the point people debate it like they were debating whether the Easter bunny is more real than Santa.

Going down the path of Gematria, Greek, Hebrew, and/or Egyptian Etymology; one will come to discover the word "sin" actually had a different meaning in ancient times than the more commonly accepted meaning of today. The word Harmatia, the origin of the word sin meant; "to miss the mark" or to be more precise "failure with consequences; error in judgement." It didn't at the time have anything to do with morals or values. When the concept of sin enters my awareness, it usually signifies trying to manifest desires in a counter productive manner that defies the way the mind and reality truly operates.

To counter "missing the mark", one must correct their ways (conditioned beliefs). In other words: One must repent; become more aware of the greater reality and inner workings of the mind and how it relates to the outer world of appearances. To not do so is to sin which is to live in perpetual ignorance of The Law.

What is the Law....?

The answer may vary just like the understanding of the concept of sin varies according to how one has been conditioned to understand the concept without ever applying critical thought concerning the matter, even by the most devout of followers.

Talk about "missing the mark".

ETA: Hamartia - en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

So in a way yes, all people are sinners BUT really there are no sinners because there is nothing individual, nothing separate.
There is only life.

Define life...

Life cannot be defined/described in words - but it is what is constantly happening.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

ok whats the difference between non-life and life?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

ok whats the difference between non-life and life?

What is non-life? There is just life. But what is life? It is this that is happening! It never starts and never stops.

edit on 22-7-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join