It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate battle flag comes down in SC at 10 am today

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would not think that a few flag owners speak for everyone on the issue. Your beliefs may vary.
edit on 7/10/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I see this isn't being taken seriously. Any further off topic posts will result in post bans.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here you go someone decided to steal the confederate flag from Stone Mountain park in Ga.

– Stone Mountain Park officials say a Confederate battle flag that had been taken from its pole has been replaced and the incident is being investigated as a theft.

wrbl.com...

I think the funniest thing about this article is when the say they have already replaced the stolen one.

And just for those who may not know...Georgia had the stars and bars as a major part of the state flag...

And then we brought this one out to be our new state flag...

The true confederate battle flag. which will fly high over the capitol building.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Here you go someone decided to steal the confederate flag from Stone Mountain park in Ga.

– Stone Mountain Park officials say a Confederate battle flag that had been taken from its pole has been replaced and the incident is being investigated as a theft.

wrbl.com...

I think the funniest thing about this article is when the say they have already replaced the stolen one.

And just for those who may not know...Georgia had the stars and bars as a major part of the state flag...

And then we brought this one out to be our new state flag...

The true confederate battle flag. which will fly high over the capitol building.

I bet you folks are already on the agenda.

And yes, I used that word for a reason.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I bet you folks are already on the agenda.

They will have one hell of a mess on their hands if they come calling.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
One thing I've noticed around where I live, and this is just since this Charleston incident......

More people with US and Rebel flags both in their yard. More people with Rebel flag bumper stickers and even a few wearing T-shirts of it out in public.

So I guess with more people flying the Stars and Bars around here, does that mean that these people have become "racist" overnight somehow? Everyone that I've talked to about it thinks its utterly stupid and ridiculous that its even an issue.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Nor did it change magically somehow...imagine that.

Pablum to placate the masses.

See? We are doing something...we care.

Suddenly, economic equality didn't break out.

Minds of the bigots didn't suddenly see the light. In fact, I'll be so bold as to predict that some are going to be driven, however temporarily, into the arms of the bigots.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The Kernel has to ask. "What does the flag mean to you?" Non-Americans use it. Kid Rock uses it and he's a Yankee. To many it's a symbol of rebellion, not hatred. Its the reverse of what happened to the Swastika. It became a symbol of fascism and genocide. Its was a symbol of peace and prosperity though before it was perverted.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Gov. Nikki Haley signed a bill into law yesterday requiring the removal of the flag from capital grounds. The flag will be removed at 10 am today, and people were already lining the grounds to watch the "ceremony" (I guess it's a ceremony?)

What kind of irritated me about the media reports was they're making a big deal about Haley using 13 different pens to sign the bill, so she can give 9 of them to the families of the slain. Great...they get a pen? Woo!

She goes on to talk about how the "actions of nine individuals" as if somehow those slain had a direct hand in the legislation.

C'mon, governor, you made this your pet project. At least prepare a coherent speech. Winging it rarely works for politicians.

www.cnn.com...

That means the White house will have to be dismantled, as it was built with slave labour . I knew the world was going stupid.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6those that protest don't realize... they enslaved themselves...others just profected it. They need to LOOK in the Mirrow First, and research True History. Before they throw stones at themselves.
Truth Remains Truth in the End.

edit on Fri Jul 10 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tag

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm glad the flag is down, was long overdue. No, nobody is saying the flag coming down will end racism. It's kind of a silly thing to accuse flag opponents of. What's more, Myself and others are well aware that there are still confederate symbols in other State flags. We know this, I know this. The removal of the SC flag on State Capital grounds are a sign of more changes to come in the near future. It won't end racism but it's a further sign that America is moving on from the past.

I understand that many members on this forum are unhappy about the fact the Confederate flag is coming down. Rest assured, you still have the freedom to wave that flag proudly on your private property or outside your car. Heck we have people flying the Nazi flags etc. This is the beauty of this country, you have the freedom of speech and expression. Just don't expect that right of expression and belief to be forced on other tax paying americans.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

This will be as effective as the Twitter campaign against Boko Haram.

Remember #Saveourgirls by the Obama administration?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FairyGreen999
a reply to: Shamrock6those that protest don't realize... they enslaved themselves...others just profected it. They need to LOOK in the Mirrow First, and research True History. Before they throw stones at themselves.
Truth Remains Truth in the End.

I just had to save this for posterity.

Your language is a bit hard to follow, but, basically, you're saying that Black Americans enslaved themselves?

True History ... let me save you some time and make a guess ... only certain Proud White People actually know this history, right?

Or is that White Pride? ... I can never remember.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Like last time? Don't make me laugh.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join