It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Declare War On Words 'Husband,' 'Wife'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Actually you're both wrong. I was raised in Georgia and clearly the best catfish to be had will be found in Georgia.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Can you share a bit of that "mountains of evidence" here?

You know, anything that doesn't originate with the Family Research Council and its ilk.

Also, do I understand you to be speaking against the US Constitution, that clearly intends to protect the rights of all Americans equally? I mean, your "1.6%" figure is laughable by any reasonable measure, but let's say it's right.

You feel like you should be able to treat 5 million Americans anyway you please because you hold Neolithic beliefs?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: introvert

Yet another post from the left the resorts to immediate name calling and questions about intelligence.

Made all the more ironic when it's capped off with a "political partisanship" comment.

You're right, it is getting old.

Why don't you have a response like this to Wookiep who called for liberals to be in an institution?

Is that not knee jerk enough?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: reldra

" Could you expand on exactly why? " If he won't , I will . It's Called Perversion .
Homosexuals want people to believe they're born that way.

Mountains of evidence throughout 4000 years indicate they have a Mental Disorder that turns into an Addiction over time.
They represent just 1.6% of the population.
But what kind of fools would want to make the other 98.4 % of the population Restrict their Speech and Deny them the Freedom to Freely Speak their minds?
Answer - A Failed State that is in serious decline both Culturally and Economically.
And this kind of trend is the type that causes violent repercussions by the people to rise up and finally eliminate such nonsense from their society.
4000 years huh? I didn't know they kept medical records of people in 2000 BC. Neat.

You say it's perversion? They say it's normal. Actually, let's deconstruct that. Perversion. Otherwise known as a kink. So you think gay people are kinky? That says more about YOUR OWN personal kinks than it does about gay people. Neat!

Tell me, also. Exactly what rights have been taken away from YOU personally, over this whole equality thing? Please list them, and since I'm certain your list will be extensive, format it in a way that is easy on the eyes, please.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

im not even gonna say our fish is that great.....especially our catfish. Its edible, and wild is still better than farm raised. But with the droughts and algae blooms over the last decade, our catfish taste pretty muddy.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: reldra

" Could you expand on exactly why? " If he won't , I will . It's Called Perversion .
Homosexuals want people to believe they're born that way.

Mountains of evidence throughout 4000 years indicate they have a Mental Disorder that turns into an Addiction over time.
They represent just 1.6% of the population.
But what kind of fools would want to make the other 98.4 % of the population Restrict their Speech and Deny them the Freedom to Freely Speak their minds?
Answer - A Failed State that is in serious decline both Culturally and Economically.
And this kind of trend is the type that causes violent repercussions by the people to rise up and finally eliminate such nonsense from their society.

The real downside of throwing around numbers and stuff is when someone calls you on it.

So there...ive thrown down the gauntlet. If you want to pick it up, you'll need to bring just a portion of your mountain of evidence.

The rest of your post has nothing at all to do with the topic.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And Texan ...

Well, I wouldn't touch anything out of the Chattahoochee ... maybe the North Georgia lakes ... when I was kid we ate catfish out of the local creeks all the time ...

... but still not the Chattahoochee, not even 40 years ago ...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
With same-sex marriage now, perhaps it is best that legal papers use 'spouse' instead of 'husband and wife'.

Many of our divorce laws give the wife extra consideration, especially if there are children. In a same-sex marriage, how would a court determine which one is the wife?

BTW, how does a homosexual introduce his/her spouse to someone? If you are a gay man and you introduce your partner to someone as "my husband", and "the husband" also introduces you as "my husband", then how would the court know who to give the "wifely extras" to in a divorce?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I like being a wife and I like having a husband.I am a woman(last time I checked) and
my husband is a man also(last time I checked).Is that considered racist,bigoted or biased?
Why can't we just leave everything the way it was for thousands of years? No, we have to
have everything neutral so that we don't hurt anyone's feelings.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

It is just legal papers, you can still call your better half what you want.

Try not to be offended others what the same equality and rights.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

This equal rights thing...I am 60 years old and I want to know if
women ever got their equal rights or did I sleep through that part
of history?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Sremmos80

This equal rights thing...I am 60 years old and I want to know if
women ever got their equal rights or did I sleep through that part
of history?
Considering that I'm a woman, and I was able to educate myself, find a great job, and live where ever the hell I want to live, vote for who I want to vote for, and make just as much money as my male co-workers... Yeah, I'd say we got things pretty well covered.

EDIT TO ADD: At least, in the civilized western world. No, it's not perfect. People still try to tell me what I can and can't do with my own body. But damnit just look back a few dozen years and the progress that's been made. Pretty neat stuff.
edit on 10-7-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I introduce my partner as "my partner."

When we get married in a few years, he will be "my husband."

Perhaps there is an inequity in the structure of the laws when your so-called "wifely extras" are factored in?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I like being a wife and I like having a husband.I am a woman(last time I checked) and
my husband is a man also(last time I checked).Is that considered racist,bigoted or biased?
Why can't we just leave everything the way it was for thousands of years? No, we have to
have everything neutral so that we don't hurt anyone's feelings.

So, my being kept from marrying the person I love and have been completely faithful to for 8 years and intend to spend the rest of my life is just a matter of "hurt feelings" to you?

If we'd kept things the way they were for "thousands of years" you wouldn't be able to vote, you wouldn't have any say-so about how your affairs are run, and you'd be considered just one step up from being your husband's property ... are you SURE you don't see any benefit in changes for the better???

Sorry for the tremendous inconvenience of making our laws fit reality, but how will the addition to or editing of the law to include "spouse" cause you so much pain and suffering, again?
edit on 12Fri, 10 Jul 2015 12:41:13 -050015p122015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

No one, not even TPTB and/or Illuminati, is stopping you from being known as your husband's wife! It is just a change on forms and govt instructions/manuals. There are no jack-booted govt officials forcing people to call each other life-partners or, heaven forbid, spouse.

The only thing that will never change is that things change! Get over it and worry about more important issues.

I am currently calling my wife "sweet cheeks" only because it annoys her. Though the govt or "the gays" can't stop me, in a few more days she might....with a swift kick to her spouse's arse!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
As much as it irritates people, semantics count when it comes to the wording of a law. I don't see why "spouse" is some horrible alternative to "husband" of "wife."

Exactly!

For example, there have been problems with same-sex couples getting passports.

This is a needed change for legal reasons.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Poor Stewie.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: queenofswords

I introduce my partner as "my partner."

When we get married in a few years, he will be "my husband."

Perhaps there is an inequity in the structure of the laws when your so-called "wifely extras" are factored in?

He will be your husband, and you will be his husband? If you adopt a child, then get a divorce, who will get the child? Now, the courts usually give the wife custody with visitation by the father (husband) and child support? She usually gets the house as well.

How will that work in a same-sex scenario?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join