It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Dream (I don't want to pay for your milk!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You missed the whole point of my post.

You shouldn't be able to make a personal choice and expect that the government (taxpayers) will help you.

You should make that choice, try your hardest to figure out what you're gonna do, and make it work.

The expectation that everyone else will help you is selfish and leads consequent generations into the same mentality.
edit on 10-7-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Hope you never have a bad run of luck and need help.

I've had plenty of bad luck streaks and still never asked for a handout. In fact, most of my bad luck streaks were due to being forced to give handouts to others.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Good for you. What about those in a position where they can not help themselves through no fault of their own?.
Leave them to die? No I live in a society where we look after those who can not.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Sremmos80

It pisses me off that they come for their Percocet and Xanax at no cost to them, and use their money for tattoos, beer, and video games.

Well I doubt you know what they actually use their money on, but I can agree to a point it should only cover a couple fills of percocet and nothing above .5 of the xanax.

I think you are also mad that you can't get the same help, which you should be, as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I was a do do head.
edit on thFri, 10 Jul 2015 01:34:14 -0500America/Chicago720151480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Good for you. What about those in a position where they can not help themselves through no fault of their own?.

Why is that my problem? Maybe they are in that position because of bad luck, or maybe they made bad decisions. Why should I be FORCED to help them instead of using my own discretion on an individual basis.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Because it is the right thing to do.
If you can not see that there really is no point conversing with you.
Like I said I hope you never need help.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Because it is the right thing to do.

Exactly, so leave it up to me to choose what to do with what I've earned from my hard labor.
edit on 10-7-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
I work manual labour daily and I am still 'owed'. You are too. Even if you do have a cushy business to bury your head in.

"A cushy business to bury my head in?" You mean the one that took 15 years to pay off, thousands of hours of hard work, and one that requires 50-60 hours a week to maintain? I expect nothing from being "owed", nor do I owe except the IRS.

All I ask is not to be nickled and dimed for politicians who want to out-progressive each other grandstanding with ill conceived programs that make no fiscal sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: rockintitz

Almost all of those are locally or state funded.

What am I paying the federal government for again?

To keep you safe from all the big bad terrorists in the world ?
To enforce that all states comply with federal and constitutional laws ?
To mediate and negotiate global affairs with other countries ?
To ensure that you still have an operational country to wake up to tomorrow morning ?

1: That's a joke right?

2: some unconstitutional as well, but keep going..

3: world police? Doesn't seem like we're keeping the peace as of late.

4: most of the population of all countries will wake up next morning.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Yesirree...

All those selfish leeching military veterans collecting their federal disability cheques.

Who the hell do they think they are buying milk on your dime ?!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Where did I state "the majority of who social programs go to?" Don't be so defensive. I specified a subset, and there is one, unless one is close-minded. I read WND, just as I do HuffPo, for entertainment value.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I work in medical, and it PISSES ME OFF everytime I have to bill Medicare and Medicaid, knowing that you and I are paying for it, while I have to pinch every Goddamn penny to make it to my next paycheck while paying all my bills on time.

PISSES ME THE FOOK OFF.

That is so Christ-Like.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

True, I apologize I was very assumptive in my post.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

No prob. I followed ATS for 4-5 years prior to joining, and although we might not agree on many things, I have over time respect the thought process you employ in your posts.

If my situation was "I got mine, go get yours!" I would not be involved in WWP or Domestic Violence Services. Both are great organizations that help others, and ones I am proud to volunteer at and contribute to.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Sounds a lot like: "I gotz mine!"

I'm confused, are you against the unemployed recipients or the politicians? That's something of a U-turn. I suggest you don't know who you're angry at, just as long as there's people to blame that aren't people in your own 'subset'.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

Sounds a lot like: "I gotz mine!"

I'm confused, are you against the unemployed recipients or the politicians? That's something of a U-turn. I suggest you don't know who you're angry at, just as long as there's people to blame that aren't people in your own 'subset'.

Keep pondering, and keep making assumptions. Sounds to me like you don't want clarification, just someone to argue with.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

You know what? I was thinking the exact same thing myself. Especially after reading this:

It pisses me off that they come for their Percocet and Xanax at no cost to them, and use their money for tattoos, beer, and video games.

---

OP your ire is misplaced. For every $1 you pay in taxes, $0.27 goes to the Military while $0.122 to Social Security/Unemployment/Labor. I would be more fed up with the industrialized military complex.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I pay for all kinds of things for you. The roads you drive on, the services that come to help you in an emergency, the very infrastructure you conduct business in, the subsidies to the beef industry for your burgers, the freedom fries you eat because of the military I fund, the list goes on and on.

I enjoy paying for all that crap that I don't use because I know that you do. I also don't mind that you are paying for things that may benefit me whether or not they benefit you.

I like society and a society requires direction and a pooling of resources. The people in it may or may not need help and it works. We tweak it some here and there and try to make it better but I'll never wish to do away with it. You can go to places in the world where they don't pool resources and everybody's on their own like Somolia or some other 3rd world country.

I don't complain about it because I am adult enough to realize it's the price I pay to be a part of the 1st-world club. It's a small price when you compare it to some of the other places around the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

So when your house burns down you will only take the money that you put into insurance . Sure you will . Cant be taking the money that other contributed now can we .
edit on 10-7-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join