It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Divine Image

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What is it that you see at this moment? If you say "my computer screen" then I don't think you're thinking about that question deeply enough, dig a little deeper and actually contemplate that question.

As Henry David Thoreau once said: "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." What am I getting at with this? Well, your computer screen is what you are looking at, but what you "see" is an image of light. What you "see" is what matters, this image of light that you see right now is what reveals the computer screen that you are looking at, it is what reveals anything that you look at in the world around you. What you see is what matters, keep that in mind, you see an image.

What is this image consisted of? Visual data in the form of light. Do we not all share the same image of light, only from different perspectives? If I look at the moon and so do you, are we not sharing this image? If we are sharing that image of the moon together, are we not connected by that image?

"New Age" thought (which is actually older than any religion IMO) claims that we are all connected and everything is in unity; well, the light is what that unity resides within. I am in you and you are in me, we are all one. If I look at you, the image of light that constitutes your body (from my perspective) is created inside of my brain, and your perspective of me is created within your brain as well. We are within each other in that respect, we are one and the same.

Abrahamic religions often make reference to God being light; well, what if that light they are referring to has been in front of us all along? What if the divine light is what you see right now? What if that light that you see is a sign of your own divinity and the divinity of everything that your light shines on?

Jesus claims that he is the light of the world and that everyone who follows him will have the light of life. What is the light of life? The divine image that we all share, it is the light of the world and the image of God. We are created in God's image, that of light. We are the image that sees the body. When you wake up, what is it that affirms that you are alive more than anything else? The image of light you see when you open your eyes. It is the light of life, it is the exact likeness of God.

Look at the perfection that constitutes the physical universe around you. Everything is in perfect unity, everything acts just as it should, the world EXISTS! That's the greatest miracle of all, that we are here right now sharing in this experience called life. It is truly miraculous that something like this, existence, is even possible. You are a walking miracle in more ways than one. You came from nothing and now ARE. How is that possible? That's the unanswerable question, the question philosophers have pondered and holy texts have been trying to answer throughout all recorded history.

The physical universe around you, and the inherent perfection that constitutes it, is a reflection of what you are inside, it is a perfect reflection of the perfect Spirit that lies within you. This Spirit is what gives you life, it is what makes any one thing possible, it is what religions call "heaven". It is the "air" above the ground (body), it is what looks down on the physical world. You are a 4D being looking through an image of light at a 3D world.

As the old saying goes: "God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light."

Do you see the light? I certainly do. You are what you see, you are the divine image of light.

Colossians 1
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Read this passage with what I stated above in mind. Is Paul talking about a man who walked the Earth 2,000 years ago, or is he talking about every single one of us as the image of the invisible Spirit? Are we not created in God's image? Is the Son not the image of God and light of the world? Are we not an image of light that perceives the physical world around us? Are we not the divine image of creation? I say yes, we are all of these things, and we are what the bible is trying to explain, we are the light of life and we are the expression of God in human form.

This is the biggest secret of all, the conspiracy of all conspiracies. They are hiding your true divinity from you, they are hiding what lies within you from your sight. Look within and you will find God. Seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The same lie from the beginning. We can be our own Gods without God.

Surely you will not die

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said to the woman: No, you shall not die the death [the first lie].
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in what day soever you shall eat thereof, your eyes shall be opened: and you shall be as Gods [the second lie], knowing good and evil.
edit on 9-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

John 10
34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

Jesus didn't seem to disagree with the sentiment. If scripture cannot be broken then we are "gods".

John 11
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Do you believe you will never die as the serpent told Adam and Eve?
edit on 7/9/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Verses 31-33 shows how the Jews wanted to stone Jesus for calling God His Father and making Himself equal with God.

Jesus responds with the words from Psalm 82 to make a contrast between himself and those in the Psalm who were called "gods".

The Jews of Jesus' day would have known that the Psalmist wrote Psalm 82 against certain unjust rulers in Israel's history. Verse 2 of the Psalm states: "

How long will you judge unjustly, and show partiality to the wicked?"

Verses 6 and 7 state:

"I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High. "Nevertheless you will die like men, and fall like any one of the princes."

The point that Jesus was making, in effect, was that if individual's like that can be called gods, how can you object to my saying I am God's Son?

The Bible makes it clear that there is only one true God (John 17:13) by nature (Gal. 4:8) and that there was no god before Him and there will be none after Him (Isa. 43:10). There is also a vast gulf between humanity and true Deity.

God is all knowing (Omniscient) (Matt. 19:26) Mans knowledge is limited (Job 38:1-4)

God is all powerful (Omnipotent) (Rev. 19:6) Man is weak (Heb. 4:15)

God is present everywhere (Omnipresent) (Psalm 139: 7-12) Man is limited to one place at a time (John 1:50)

God is holy (Rev. 4:8) Man is a fallen sinner (Isa. 64:6)

God is eternal with no beginning or end Man is a created being who came into existence at a point in time

God is truth (John 14:6) Man has a deceitful heart (Jer. 17:9)

God is characterised by justice (Acts 17:31) Man is lawless (1 John 3:4 cf. Rom. 3:23)

God is love (1 John 4:16) Man is in bondage to many vices like jealousy and strife (1 Cor. 3:3)

More here: www.spotlightministries.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What is your opinion on the premise of my thread, that we are images of light? Do you disagree? Where, in your opinion, is light, who is God? Do you not see the light and image in front of you?

I would rather not stray into other areas of theology. I am not God, I am an expression of him. He and I are one, but he is greater than I.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

John 14:6Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

6 Jesus said unto him, I AM the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes unto the Father, but by me.

15 “If you love me, you will obey my commandments. 16 Then I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept, because it does not see him or know him. But you know him, because he resides with you and will be in you.

The way is open.

Don't fall for the oldest deception: That we can be Gods without God and that we can get to God without the Son.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

That didn't answer my question.

Jesus also called himself the light of the world. Know who else he calls the light of the world?

Matthew 5
14 "You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

He calls us the light of the world.

Jesus put us on equal ground with himself, he did not raise himself on a pedestal.

John 14
20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

Jesus talked about equality within everyone and everything.

Seems as though you're no better than the Pharisees who accused Jesus of blasphemy. You are doing to me what they did to him.
edit on 7/9/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I am simply directing people to the Son of God, the Salvation of Yashua's sacrifice to atone for our sin and corruption that we were born into.

What are you attempting to direct people to or away from?

Just wondering, I already had a very interesting conversation with another member who blatantly admitted that they will misrepresent, lie, twist word meanings, and deceive people in order to "Sway Others" from Christ.
edit on 9-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

To me, it sounds like you're trying to take over this thread for preaching rather than sticking to the topic.

But what you said about the person admitting to trying to "sway people from Christ" is interesting. If what you say is true, why not post the conversation in the religion section? As long as you keep out the names and make it a discussion about being careful of "deceivers", I don't think it would be breaking the forum rules.

As a reply to the Original Post, I do believe unity is important and even the teachings such as "love thy neighbour as thyself", "love your enemies", "do unto others as you would they do unto you" reflects the message of unity, but that is religious/biblical... on a philosophical/metaphysical level, everything is already in unity as "The All", "The Universe", "Reality", but being something (in The Unity/The All/Reality), is not the same as being aware of being something, so some people don't think/notice/be aware of the bigger picture.
edit on 9-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So you are derailing my thread to support your own ideology and intentionally ignoring the information I presented.

My intention is to present information, that's it. I do not have the desire to sway anyone one way or another, only present information and let someone make their own mind up about the information presented.

If you're going to continue to refuse to address the topic and instead spew your own form of evangelism then I will ignore you from here on out. Everything you've posted so far has not been directed at the information presented in the OP, instead it has been directed at me and others in order to "sway" them away from considering what I presented in the OP. That's not how it's supposed to work.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What you say sounds very much like another version of "As above, so below."

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:14

Go watch I Pet Goat II. There is the false light.
edit on 9-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The false light is the one that claims to be outside of the light you see right now. You see perfection right now but you fail to realise it for what it is. Jesus tried to show us the light but church doctrine has blinded billions to it using his words against him.

The bible has truth in it but it is grossly misinterpreted by the average person because of others who came after Jesus who distorted his message.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am not God, I am an expression of him. He and I are one, but he is greater than I.

Amen, the light is in us and all around us. We are all part of it, even those who cannot perceive it as such.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Nice post.
I agree - this light that is appearing presently is the one light in which everything is embraced - the one light that everything is made of. What is appearing is Gods dream - the divine light. All that appears is dreamt by God - God is the one light that splits into what appears as sound, touch, vision, all sensation - which produces the room/environment that is appearing now.
The truth is hidden in plain sight - so everything that appears including thought is just dream scene. The freedom is realizing that the dream scene is not being done by anyone - it is just happening.
As soon as there appears to be a separate you - there is a belief that there is a separate world. If there appears to be a separate you - it will appear to be living outside presence, in time and space, in stories of before and after, in the there and then and that too consists of the one light - God dreams he is separate so he can pretend separate things and have a whole illusory world to play hide and seek in. It is a good game.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Theology and very bad science.

Maybe you'll see a reflection of yourself after you've stared at the sun for a time.

The physical world is not a "reflection of what you are inside". Look at any photo of a surgery.

In fact, to every question—and there are a lot of them—I can answer a resounding "You're wrong".

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Ever heard of the phrase "we are start dust"? Our bodies are composed of the same exact elements that are present throughout the entire universe. What our bodies are made up of is in no way unique to the rest of the universe, so even with your example, the inside of our bodies (which isn't what I was speaking of) is still a reflection of the makeup of the universe.

How can light be both particle and wave? The same way we are both body and Spirit. There is a duality inherent within the universe, and since we are the way the universe perceives itself, we also have a dual nature. Two things (body and Spirit) coming together to create the ONE image of consciousness.

edit on 7/10/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I see words on my computer screen written in photons
The words say 3NL1GHT3N3D1 and then there are some words on what do I see? my computer screen? ; )

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It is Einstein who said "there are two ways to live a life : as if everything is a miracle, or as if nothing is a miracle". And he is right. Some people are too used to their views, to their perspective, to the point that they don't even question what they see anymore. They don't see the strangeness that surrounds them, they don't feel that their own existence is incredible in itself, that just being here and now is mind-blowing in itself. What is the universe ? No one knows, and yet some people act as if we knew everything.

Myself I almost always feel like I have been dropped on the surface of an alien planet. This quote from Alan Watts tells exactly how I feel.

"It is a special kind of enlightenment to have this feeling that the usual, the way things normally are, is odd—uncanny and highly improbable. G. K. Chesterton once said that it is one thing to be amazed at a gorgon or a griffin, creatures which do not exist; but it is quite another and much higher thing to be amazed at a rhinoceros or a giraffe, creatures which do exist and look as if they don't. This feeling of universal oddity includes a basic and intense wondering about the sense of things. Why, of all possible worlds, this colossal and apparently unnecessary multitude of galaxies in a mysteriously curved space-time continuum, these myriads of differing tube-species playing frantic games of one-upmanship, these numberless ways of 'doing it' from the elegant architecture of the snow crystal or the diatom to the startling magnificence of the lyrebird or the peacock?"

You can call it magic, or you can call it a miracle, or you can call it god's dream.., the fact is that reality is the most strange thing we could ever imagine. It's like the best fantasy-scifi-drama story ever told.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
1. The Bodily eyes cannot see the Godly light.
2. You are the Light of the World.
3. You have the eye to see that light.

Jesus put us on equal ground with himself

This is partialy true.

Jesus didnt put us on equal,he just made it clear that we ARE equal. (if you were God you would not see any diference between jesus and the real us).

Infact, if you look at God as sun, and on everything as the sunlight, you cannot distinguish one from another. yet even the sunbeams have the same attributes as The sun (im reffering here on the sun as beeing the light).
The only difference between sun and the sunbeams is that the "Father" is "Greater".

(The only difference between us and Jesus is that he has overcome the difficulties we have still, and so he came nearer to God.)

And the Truth is simple: As it is with the Sun and The Sunbeams, so is it with God and his Sons. You cannot exist without.
He created us and gave us everything, and with this giving he gave himself everything.

He calls us the light of the world.

This is aswell true, if you look past the body, (which is an illusion anyway) you would see this pure Godly light.
Jesus saw only this in everyone of us, and so he remembered who he Realy is.

You should look on every person/thing not as body but as this Godly light.
How ?
Simply imagine that they are not bodies but have Golden light, if it helps you, here is a picture of
how you should it look : pinterest
see that golden light (arround their heads over everything) just not over your body. (NOT ON/NEVER ON YOUR BODY)

But if you do this, you have to drop Judgement,Past,Future,Jealosity,Anger,Hate,Doubt,Magic and such ...
It is because, if you want to see it, you will have it, but in truth you dont want it ! Because that is what you will be.

(At the end everyone will decide for Love,Trust,Joy and God, its just a matter of time where your learning
will be done.But time as such doesnt matter at all.)

And maybe you will discover, that silent voice, which is talking to you every second. If you just would listen to it

Ofcourse you will need to quiet your thoughts for a bit

Anyway, People seem to use Worldy meassures to Prove the existence of god, but you will fail all the time.
As because the God cannot be contained, Meassured, objectified or bodyfied.
He can only be Remembered and Known.
It is as if your PC would try to prove to himself that YOU exists.
And no computer can do this. This can be achieved only by
programming, but that would be intention from the god ... :p

and to end this post ill write an idea, it is how the God created us, by saying :
"My Son is pure, and holy as Myself"

edit on 10/7/2015 by Hombre because: to correct some misstakes + additions

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Ever heard of the phrase "we are start dust"? Our bodies are composed of the same exact elements that are present throughout the entire universe. What our bodies are made up of is in no way unique to the rest of the universe, so even with your example, the inside of our bodies (which isn't what I was speaking of) is still a reflection of the makeup of the universe.

Do you confuse people with bananas? You see, you're not composed of the exact same elements as a banana, or you would be a banana. You're not even composed of the exact same elements as me, or you would be me. Adopting cliché platitudes and disguising it as wisdom does not help your philosophy.

How can light be both particle and wave? The same way we are both body and Spirit. There is a duality inherent within the universe, and since we are the way the universe perceives itself, we also have a dual nature. Two things (body and Spirit) coming together to create the ONE image of consciousness.

Light isn't both a particle and a wave. How absurd. Light is light. It behaves like both particles and waves. Because you behave like a tiger does not make you are a tiger. Have you thought any of this through?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join