It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terro Atack London

page: 1

join
share:
Xon

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have heard that London (England) have been warned about terro on new year eve.. Is this a hoax??? Is it Al Quaida that is behind this?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes.

This line added for effect

This line added just "because"

This line added due to peer pressure

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I very much doubt anything will happen, so go out and have fun.

Xon

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It is like all this other false alarms? I doent relly think it will hapend but I was wondering if this was true. Or I doent hope aney thing happend

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well, this is the "cliche of all cliche's", but here it goes:

The moment you stop your daily rutine due to a terror warning, they have won.

So, Im no hero or anything like that, but I dont even think about it when I go out of the house. I just do my thing. Id go bannana's if I thought about it. I live near Boston to, a major US city and as far as I am concerned a prime target. (Way to many easy "soft" targets around here).

So, if its true or a hoax, just grin and bear it. So ill stick with my first response: Yes!!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well i live in London and this is news to me, To behonest i think a big event always comes with possible terror warnings,

also last year the same kind of warning was going around, We are kind of used to this kind of thing due to the IRA, most in the UK just keep an eye out but continue to do what they want,

[edit on 27-12-2004 by asala]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
i love in london too, heard nothing until now. thats just great i was gonna go on the tube that night too, gonna be bricking it the whole night... well until i can get sufficiently drunk.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Tube! Now i would avoid that just in case, How about a bus?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Terror warnings are kinda dumb IMHO. You got more chance of getting run over than being involved in a terror attack.
You've got more chance of developing cancer.
My point is you can't avoid everything that is a threat otherwise you'd never go out, or even stay in. Living in a vacuum would be the only way to avoid danger...LOL
Just live and ignore the warnings. They're used by the powers that be to put us in a state of fear. A frightened population is easier to control.

(edited for spelling)

[edit on 27/12/2004 by ANOK]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Im quite shocked that the uk hasnt been victim to any 'terrorist' attacks at all, since we are the second biggest millitery player in the 'coalition of the willing' it will only be a matter of time though, i would also question the goverment hinting of an attack... im convinced they are trying to create a 'fear culture' just like yanky doodle dandy america!!

dh

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Lukas
Im quite shocked that the uk hasnt been victim to any 'terrorist' attacks at all,

The major financial, legal,espionage and intelligence institutions, those to which the US owes fealty, not to mention the properties of the Windsors, are based in London
Hard to find some method which is sufficiently circumscribed to protect those same, while big enough to ascribe to 'al-Qaeda'
Perhaps that's why London remains protected

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Already being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Already being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATSNN and general forum posts are allowed to be in duplicate.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I know. I just thought you'd like to see other detail/background not being discussed here.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
We are kind of used to this kind of thing due to the IRA, most in the UK just keep an eye out but continue to do what they want

Its a bit different now though. When the IRA were around they used to plant bombs around different places - there was always a chance someone would find it and call the cops/bomb squad, thus averting disaster.

These days, with the sucide bombers we have to look for completely different things. The IRA terrorists didn't want to die for their cause so they would dump the bomb and bugger off. Suicide bombers want to die as martyrs - so will choose the largest crowd they can find before detonating.

That said, I never went to Trafalgar Square anyway - theres nothing worse than being in a crowd of thousands, full of Guinness and desperate for a pee :shk:

[edit on 27-12-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think people in the UK are a bit less liable to panic, IRA attacks etc, than most countries. Still wouldn't hurt to keep an eye open if you live in London.
Be careful guys.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
like skippytjc said the terrorists have won already! people have started the panic that somthings going to happen and are right now changing there new years plans. if i was in london for new year i would still go to the biggest place to go and enjoy myself. if #e happens it happens dont let them win by installing the fear

[edit on 27-12-2004 by madmartinez]

[edit on 27-12-2004 by madmartinez]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
well nothing happened, i took the tube too!

top topics

join