It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A gay man is suing bible publishers for 70 M

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Damn. You guys are all over the place and not even making a bit of sense.

I'm lost.

Here lets clear up the confusion.

It is perfectly acceptable to be a christianphobe.

Hell it is perfectly acceptable to be a bankerphobe.

Even perfectly acceptable to be a corporatephobe.

Even perfectly acceptable to be a gunphobe.

Even perfectly acceptable to be a climatphobe

But how dare anyone be a homophobe, and when someone is just sue them for millions of dollars.

A line 'must' be drawn.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

“The Court has some very genuine concerns about the nature and efficacy of these claims,” the judge wrote.

Read more at dailyheadlines.net...

Yeah well, who doesn't. It's purpose is attention seeking. And to think.... this is a grown man. Ick.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: introvert
Damn. You guys are all over the place and not even making a bit of sense.

I'm lost.

Here lets clear up the confusion.

It is perfectly acceptable to be a christianphobe.

Hell it is perfectly acceptable to be a bankerphobe.

Even perfectly acceptable to be a corporatephobe.

Even perfectly acceptable to be a gunphobe.

Even perfectly acceptable to be a climatphobe

But how dare anyone be a homophobe, and when someone is just sue them for millions of dollars.

That's about it... as far as you think. That's cool. Some adults still still feel the power of Santa.

A line 'must' be drawn.

PLEASE fall on the side of logic then. It'll keep ridiculous crap away. Like this thread really. 6 yo topic.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes, people are well within their rights to be all of the things you listed. If people want to be a christianphobe or a homophobe, so be it.

A line 'must' be drawn.

A line was drawn. People are still free to be and think whatever they choose, but equal rights is equal rights. I have yet to see someone successfully sue someone for simply being a homophobe.

Please provide an example of where someone was sued for being a homophobe.
edit on 9-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's his freedom, and his rights, and the church is taking away his first amendment right!. whats next for the church, the church is going to start forcing Gay people to marry the opposite sex!

Oh the worlds end...

i think that's what i'm supposed to say right?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Will you homophobes take a rest already! Jesus H. Christ, what the hell are you afraid of? Perhaps your own latent homosexuality? Throw on some Judy Garland records and come out of the closet already!

Not so sure it is all homophobes. I am not one and I see a very silly lawsuit that had no business being in a court.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Will you homophobes take a rest already! Jesus H. Christ, what the hell are you afraid of? Perhaps your own latent homosexuality? Throw on some Judy Garland records and come out of the closet already!

Not so sure it is all homophobes. I am not one and I see a very silly lawsuit that had no business being in a court.

BINGO. I hope he had to pay court costs too.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

where could a lawsuit be if not in a court?

while you may disagree with it, y'all are living in the land of het lawsuit...when it suits you....so you don't get to tell others what they can and cannot sue for based on your biases.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

where could a lawsuit be if not in a court?

while you may disagree with it, y'all are living in the land of het lawsuit...when it suits you....so you don't get to tell others what they can and cannot sue for based on your biases.

No but I'm sure that court costs can be laid on people that file frivolous lawsuits. It should happen more often.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
*Cough* Did we forget this?

This 66-Year-Old Woman Is Suing All Gay People

And this is actually from this year...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is so silly. There will be no lawsuit. No court is stupid enough to entertain this.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
dailyheadlines.net...
THAIS on to show up....BOX is making me MAD again...

So many of you are acting like this is somehow justifying your prior paranoia about the gay "agenda".

I could sue any of you for having avatars I don't like. You could sue me for my font choice. You can sue your neighbor for being fat. You can sue anybody for anything and it doesn't mean anything.

It doesn't mean it has merit nor that it has a chance to win in court.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

rawr funny, I wonder how long it will take before someone tries suing against the Koran

edit on 7/9/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Imagine that, sheesh... suing people for being Happy!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I think all homosexuals should create their own homosexual church that way no one has to infringe on each other's beliefs at all. I mean is the only place you can marry someone a church? I think not. I can marry people because i have paperwork that says i can do that. If the Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster can do it so can anyone am i right or am i right?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The only reason people sue other people, (wow i remember when Sue was still just a name to most people) Is simply because there's not enough $$$ to go around, everyone wants a piece of the American Pie and when they can't 'for many reasons as we all know but won't get into here', they SUE and that is due to the way lawmakers and banks rule america. No one in the US of A should have to go without food and/or shelter. Personally i find it disgraceful. If Virgo's ran America and maybe Gemini's Aquarians and Scorpio's, i can guarantee you the world would be a much better place. But instead We Get Psycho's yay!!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

There are GLBTQ+ people who are religious and practice multiple Religions, but that doesn't mean the church has to Marry them.. i am not Religious so if i ever got married it wouldn't be in a church or have a service. but there are some that are religious and would like a religious service.. but, that doesNot mean a Church has to Marry them.. but why would we need our own Church?

and The Episcopal Church approved religious weddings for gay couples

The Episcopal Church approves religious weddings for gay couples

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Bwahahahaha..... Ridiculous. So his family doesn't support his orientation because of the Bible. How many people out there have scars because of religion? Millions would be a good place to start.

You're right
This story (imo) is the most interesting post of the week as it covers many facets of life.
Orientation, religion, law, publishing,
Remember that most law suits are generally started by lawyers giving folks ideas...
I'm sure there have been many law suits against gun makers, even though they didn't pull the trigger..
S&F
I look forward to reading the rest of the thread.
edit on 9-7-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why is this still being discussed? This was a story from '08.

And it got rightly thrown out.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Why is this still being discussed? This was a story from '08.

And it got rightly thrown out.

Actually, I think the guy has a valid point.

Flat out stating interpretation (of interpretation) of ancient text means explicitly homosexual can not be acurately determined.

Why should anyone accept it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join