It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly Cops Didn’t Know they were On Camera as a Dozen of them Tore Into One Unarmed Man

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Southernforkway26
Star,You never give up your rights..To at least to protect your self from a violent PIG...

edit on 10-7-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
This video is pretty brutal, it starts out with 3 cops beating an unarmed 22 year old and more cops just kept showing up and instead of stopping the brutality they just jumped right in .

The guy can be heard saying hes sorry and yelling for his grandmother as a dozen cops just effing pummel him..

Im sure some will say well what happened before they started recording, well I dont know but neither did the other 8 cops that showed up and started beating and tasing this unarmed man.

There is absolutely no excuse for this, please let these guys go to jail.

East Germantown, PA — Multiple Philadelphia cops are under investigation after a video surfaced this week that shows at least a dozen of them waylaying a man lying facedown in the street.

Tyree Carroll, 22, was stopped in April by three Philly Cops. According to his family, Carroll was riding down the street on his bicycle the wrong way, and this prompted the police to stop him. His family also said that at a preliminary hearing one of the officers testified that he stopped Carroll because he just spoke with two men, and they suspected him of buying drugs.

The video picks up after Carroll was allegedly complying with officers to stop and get off of his bicycle. However, according to Jasmyne Cannick, an LA-based blogger, police quickly escalated the situation and Carroll found himself in a struggle with three armed attackers.

link

Many years ago, I lived in LA at the time of the Rodney King riots. I was one of the National Guards member who patrolled the street. This beating was worst. To this day, just painted the walls and scraped the streets just makeup the streets. But it is still the same sport in LA for Latinos and African American. I guess, Racism is in the police DNA so to speak. "Can we get along". Will we ever get along?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

It is so disturbing, as the observer, to see something happen that compels you to want to call the police and at the same time to know there is no one to call. There IS no one to protect and serve them.

These are not officers of the law. They are men violating their responsibility to that man AND to their community. They harmed that man and they harmed their community and they were paid to do so.

Just sick and disturbing.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Or perhaps he did in fact beat his head against the partition because he was terrified of what might come next so he made sure to get taken somewhere public who knows

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
a reply to: SlapMonkey

you're right and i've seen it myself too. where someone in the back of a squad car will intentionally beat his head against the window because they want out, they want bruises to blame on the cops or they just have psych problems and self abuse.

but, just looking at the major ass kicking the guy received, it's hard to imagine that he had the energy or the wherewithal to beat himself even MORE after the beating he already received.

the whole thing is just crazy.

I'd be interested to see this guy's tox screening, if one was performed. Ass kicking or not, if you're on some sort of upper or have your nerves numbed in some way, energy isn't the issue. But those are the "ifs" that keep me waiting for more information in these types of cases.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

you're right and i've seen it myself too. where someone in the back of a squad car will intentionally beat his head against the window because they want out, they want bruises to blame on the cops or they just have psych problems and self abuse.

but, just looking at the major ass kicking the guy received, it's hard to imagine that he had the energy or the wherewithal to beat himself even MORE after the beating he already received.

the whole thing is just crazy.

I'd be interested to see this guy's tox screening, if one was performed. Ass kicking or not, if you're on some sort of upper or have your nerves numbed in some way, energy isn't the issue. But those are the "ifs" that keep me waiting for more information in these types of cases.

All that aside how can you look past the fact that as more units rolled up they joined the beating?,and we know it had nothing to do with having control of the situation because the first 3 cops sure did,these guys jumped out of their vehicles and quite boisterously voiced their intent to harm....

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
All that aside how can you look past the fact that as more units rolled up they joined the beating?,and we know it had nothing to do with having control of the situation because the first 3 cops sure did,these guys jumped out of their vehicles and quite boisterously voiced their intent to harm....

When did I ever say that I'm looking past the (apparent) over-aggressiveness of the LEOs in the video? I'm not, but in the same breath, it is apparent at least at a couple of points in the video that I could tell, Carroll is obviously not listening to commands by the arresting officer(s). I'm not saying that the amount of violence used toward Carroll was warranted, but you know, if you resist arrest and you have drugs on your person and blah blah blah, if you expect warm hugs and fig newtons from the LEOs, you're not living in reality.

It's not a cookie, it's fruit and cake!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I just feel your stance is a little harsh on the issue,this kid is guilty of having an illegal substance....as far as i am concerned big deal,he was harming nobody but himself,there really is no need for this kind of violent assault to be carried out by law enforcement,the scene i watched resembled members of a gang trying to get in their fair share of the prize....

This kid was not a danger to anyone else but himself and he receives a treatment deserving of a violent criminal,so you can liken it to warm hugs and fig newtons all you like and sadly haters are gonna hate and thats about the moral of the story
edit on 14-7-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My stance is harsh because I've both been trained in and put in situations where you are an armed authority and you must expect the worst-case scenario, especially if someone is possibly on drugs and resisting arrest.

In the real world, you don't have time to pussy-foot around in situations like this, relying on hopes and wishes that nothing bad will happen if you're nice.

Like I already said, the amount of aggressive LEOs was excessive, but that's about the only thing wrong with this video.

Well, other than the whole war on drugs is a massive, dramatic failure and is unnecessary, IMO...but LEOs don't write drug legislation, and that topic is an entirely different post.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My stance is harsh because I've both been trained in and put in situations where you are an armed authority and you must expect the worst-case scenario, especially if someone is possibly on drugs and resisting arrest.

In the real world, you don't have time to pussy-foot around in situations like this, relying on hopes and wishes that nothing bad will happen if you're nice.

Like I already said, the amount of aggressive LEOs was excessive, but that's about the only thing wrong with this video.

Well, other than the whole war on drugs is a massive, dramatic failure and is unnecessary, IMO...but LEOs don't write drug legislation, and that topic is an entirely different post.

Resisting arrest? Lol the guy was getting a beatdown by a bunch of criminals, his brain acted accordingly and flooded his body with adrenaline. It's a natural human process, look it up. I'm willing to bet he didn't feel much of those blows they were landing at the time, and not because he "may have been on drugs". But I bet you what, I bet you he is still sore from that beating even now. People who want a fight don't start calling for their grandma as soon as the action begins.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase
Resisting arrest? Lol the guy was getting a beatdown by a bunch of criminals, his brain acted accordingly and flooded his body with adrenaline. It's a natural human process, look it up. I'm willing to bet he didn't feel much of those blows they were landing at the time, and not because he "may have been on drugs". But I bet you what, I bet you he is still sore from that beating even now. People who want a fight don't start calling for their grandma as soon as the action begins.

So, what you're doing here is trying to combat my provable comment of resisting arrest--the reason why doesn't matter in an objective assessment of what happened--with a patchwork of guesses and maybes?

Okie dokie.

ETA: And who said that he 'wanted a fight?' All I said is that he was resisting arrest, which is true. And no one says that resisting in that situation wouldn't be a natural reaction, but the point is that he was still resisting. Why is that truth difficult for people to understand?
edit on 15-7-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: almc224
I guess, Racism is in the police DNA so to speak.

What an asinine statement to make. Do you have any proof--hell, even any tangible possibility with a tiny shred of evidence--that this encounter was based on racism? Claims like this are as big a problem as the few officers who are racist. If it was based on racism, then it needs to be addressed as a hate crime, but don't make accusations without proof.

Provide the proof, please.

"Can we get along". Will we ever get along?

No, not when people scream racism without proof.

We don't need to "get along" to make society work, but we do need to start giving human beings respect, and we need to start remembering the value of human life. Criminals should stop committing crimes, and cops should stop overreacting to these crimes. "Getting along" is a two-way street...hell, it's a round-about.

"Hey, look kids! There's Big Ben and Parliament!"

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Nope. All I see here is another guy defending the actions of a bunch of thugs, who hide behind their badges, and should all be serving hard time. Myself and many other ATS members have already shot down one other brutality advocate earlier in this thread, stating the scientific facts of why he could not help "resisting arrest" and how super troopers like the ones in the video constantly use a persons own natural bodily reflexes against them to beat the **** out of whoever they want, whenever they want.

Why are these truths that we have stated in this thread so difficult for people to understand?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

You see what you want when you wear biased-colored glasses.

I, on the other hand, have been trained to view these types of instances objectively, have a very good understanding of law (have been a paralegal for both prosecution and defense), and currently work in a job where assessing images and data pertaining to criminal trials earns me my biweekly pay check.

I'll take my ability to assess this stuff over random internet comments any day. And if you think I'm just "another guy defending the actions of a bunch of thugs, who hide behind their badges," you obviously don't know me, haven't read my comments on all types of threads in this forum, and assume too much where your knowledge limits your abilities and understandings.

edit on 15-7-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Will hold judgement on this as well. I dont know why the police were involved in the beginning .What I apparently do see is the person struggling against the police till the end. Even Rodney King admitted he should have been more compliant during the arrest.

To be frank, it doesn't matter what the guy said to the cops before the filming started...it doesn't matter if he insulted them, their job, insinuated they were like little girls, were a bunch of thug nazis, or indeed anything else like that...the Police are not authorised to be thugs...simple as that.

They are tasked with preventing crime, detecting crime, compiling evidence of crime to be used in a court of law and keeping the peace...they are not given authority to beat the hell out of the public if they are insulted, or even attacked, only to defend themselves or other members of the public should the need arise.

This is NOT defending themselves, this is Police acting worse that those they are tasked with apprehending and compiling evidence against for a court case.

A penalty heavy example needs to be made of all of those cops...they essentially spit on the constitution, disrespect the uniform they wear and bring the entire police force into disrepute by their actions...they need to be stripped of their positions, as they obviously have no respect for the trust placed in them and made a mockery of the law.

Then they should be tried, convicted and sent down.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX
I DID NOT say a word about what or if the subject said to the cops. I stated , I dont know why the cops were involved or what happened before the clip.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

All the police officers involved should be terminated. That was completely uncalled for. All those cops and they have to BEAT a man to control him? Seriously?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I don't care what you do for a living, or why you think that somehow makes you the ultimate supreme overlord of this thread. Neither does anyone else, for that matter.

There is nothing you can say, and no job you can work, that makes the behaviour of these officers acceptable or excusable.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

I don't care what you do for a living, or why you think that somehow makes you the ultimate supreme overlord of this thread. Neither does anyone else, for that matter.

There is nothing you can say, and no job you can work, that makes the behaviour of these officers acceptable or excusable.

You don't have to care about what I do for a living, I was just pointing out that your random assessment of things matters not to me. But I don't think that you care either way, so it's a moot point.

And for the last GD time, I have not excused the officers' behavior at all--quit lying about that. The point still stands--he resisted arrest. That's all I've said this whole time...you're reading between lines that don't exist in my comments.

Signed,

Ultimate Supreme Overlord (Extraordinaire Godman Person)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join