It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Man's Sky - Gamer or Not - This Will Blow Your Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
No Man's Sky is the first true "Open Universe" simulation. The scale is literally the size of a fictional universe. Using mathematical algorithms, the game's engine and servers create a endless space full of random stars, each star with random planets (with moons), each planet with a random enviroment including randomly unique fauna and creatures. The player can freely travel from star to star planet to planet seamlessly with 0 load screens...

For a quick Idea of the mind boggling scale, here's the 6min E3 stage demo presented just a few weeks ago (a must watch, at least the first 2mins)...

For an even better grasp, here's IGN's exclusive 18min demo released just this Monday...

As it stands, No Man's Sky is set to release exclusivly for the PS4 and PC with an XBONE release possibly there after. There is no release date as of yet, but it's been scheduled for a 2015 release and initial, yet inactive pre-order pages through Sony's website have popped up.

This is kind of scary tech to be honest, It is infact an MMO (each player begins on a random planet), but developers have stated that the scope of the universe is so large that you'll rarely if ever come across any other players.

edit on 9-7-2015 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have been looking forward to this life sucking game.

I can't wait to name planets, explore, waste time, and all of this without being cussed at by some virtually parentless 8-13 year old that needs a good old ass-beating.

Can't wait honestly.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Yep looking forward to its release , whenever that may be.
I just hope it can live up to the promise and deliver what we're all expecting , Hello Games are a British studio studio so it'll be great.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Please add to existing thread : Here

THanks

Closed.

top topics

join