It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press Banned from Jade Helm Exercises

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
lol at Jade Helm-

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

They shouldn't be allowed. Let me make a point as a 1st Responder, Homeland Security trained.

We don't let in the media during all training exercises for the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, LEO Bomb Squads, Crisis Intervention Teams, Special Forces...you get it.

We never want to expose tactics and methods to the world that can be used against us. If that was the case, opening up all armed forces means and methods to the "bad" guys...would compromise our response to incidents. Jade Helm is really no different...as youre treating it as being.

Last point: I have S.C.'s (Security Clearances from FEMA, DHS, State Police-you name it)...and as many times here on ATS I could make a point clearer to the general membership...it makes perfect sense...for me not too. Because overall...no matter what you all can speculate about this exercise...some things need to be kept secure.

Its necessary...most times...not always...but youre talking about human lives down the line...yours...and mine.

Thanks for listening

MS
EMT/ERT
Advance Disaster Life Support
1st Responder, Region 2 South
Wayne County, Michigan

edit on 9-7-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
As the War of Succession was just fought

including the occupation of sessionist Southern states during Reconstruction.

And the only time that this has been used. Remember why ? And the Constitutional reason ?

That is not my quote. I didn't type that.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

As the War of Succession was just fought

including the occupation of sessionist Southern states during Reconstruction.

And the only time that this has been used. Remember why ? And the Constitutional reason ?

That is not my quote. I didn't type that.

Then , in that case , I will apologize. Must have hit reply on the wrong post

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

They shouldn't be allowed. Let me make a point as a 1st Responder, Homeland Security trained.

We don't let in the media during all training exercises for the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, LEO Bomb Squads, Crisis Intervention Teams, Special Forces...you get it.

We never want to expose tactics and methods to the world that can be used against us. If that was the case, open up all armed forces means and methods to the "bad" guys...would compromise our response to incidents. Jade HElm is really no different...as youre treating it as being.

Last point: I have S.C.'s (Security Clearances from FEMA, DHS, State Police-you name it)...and as many times here on ATS I could make a point clearer to the general membership...it makes perfect sense...not too. And overall...no matter what you all can speculate about this exercise...some thing need to be kept secure.

Its necessary...most times...not always...but youre talking about human lives down the line...yours...and mine.

Thanks for listening

MS
EMT/ERT
Wayne County, Michigan

Your opinion of 'shouldn't be allowed' is noted.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

We never want to expose tactics and methods to the world that can be used against us. If that was the case, open up all armed forces means and methods to the "bad" guys...would compromise our response to incidents. Jade HElm is really no different...as youre treating it as being.

Last point: I have S.C.'s (Security Clearances from FEMA, DHS, State Police-you name it)...and as many times here on ATS I could make a point clearer to the general membership...it makes perfect sense...not too. And overall...no matter what you all can speculate about this exercise...some thing need to be kept secure.

Thanks for listening

MS
EMT/ERT
Wayne County, Michigan

The absolute best reply on this thread...Thanks

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Read the rest....

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
- George Orwell

Once in awhile you wonder which rough men stand ready and which rough men are going to do the harm.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
see all the rest of my post. Especially the one that speaks of the Military Oath.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t Now it's 'silliness'. I am getting a lot of static from 2 or 3 people, but no real contributions from them. It's not disagreement either, it is a flood of unrelated information.

It's always been silliness. There is no merit to these conspiracy theories whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It is stupid. These training exercises happen all the time. There was an even BIGGER training operation that occurred in the EXACT same spots in the early 2000's, but we didn't hear a PEEP about it in the media. Probably because we had a Republican in office when it happened.

Why is it that you guys question this account? There are FORMER military in this very thread telling you how this crap works and you are just blowing it off to talk about some silly idea about encroaching martial law.

It is not some silly idea. I am taken aback by vehement reaction from you and a couple others on a website that is often concerned with law enforcement, non transparency of the government, etc. I get words like 'silly' and 'stupid'.
I don't understand why the political affiliation of the President matters here. Most websites focusing on this are right wing. The MSM has spent very little time on this. They have paid attention today due to the media ban and rightly so.

EXACTLY! That is a HUGE tip-off to the silliness of this conspiracy. The right wing media gets its ratings and viewership from overexaggerating non-existent threats.

You don't say? Thanks for that classified info Captain Obvious. Not for every issue all the time. I have been following and researching this for a long time and really, really want to stay with the original topic.

Well then what makes this a credible threat then? Whenever -I- see the right wing media exclusively reporting on an "issue" I automatically chalk it up to hyperbole. You have to prove otherwise to me before I will believe otherwise. The right wing media cries "wolf" WAY too often to take anything originating from them seriously.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Let me clarify further: our citizenry SHOULD have access to some degree of "transparency"...just not everything

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

We, including myself, do it because someone has too. This is a "conspiracy" site-true-but not everything... like not allowing the press..is one.

edit on 9-7-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Complete Transparency is a security risk of unprecedented proportions.

Complete Darkness is a private risk of the Government being able to do whatever they want with zero consequences.

Somewhere in a middle, a balance is struck. The Press and the average citizen will never know exactly what the Government is doing. Some could argue this is a good thing. Secrets mean the military can have tricks up it's sleeve for fighting their enemies, thought too many secrets and you risk alienating your public.

What strikes me as more odd is that people are surprised the press isn't allowed to cover Jade Helm. When have the press ever been permitted to "imbed" in domestic training exercises?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog Operation Sagebrush was designed to test simulated combat conditions in an atomic war. And why careful?

It was a huge operation, disrupted an entire state and destroyed entire roads. It would not be allowed to happen again.

swamps .Bases around sealed off , and a couple of cities as well . Didnt "destroy" anything as far as I know or was told.Maybe some of the contours of some of the swampland was changed. Nothing to do with nukes ,though. There had been an operation going on at about the same time as sagebrush. was it connected ? I dont know. Basically that was to determine if a soldier could continue operations after a close nuclear blast.

This is what the wiki and what a local historian says about the purpose. There are pictures and an educationl documentary. that was the purpose. local historian "Operation Sagebrush:
In 1955, the U.S. military conducted another large training exercise that covered a substantial portion of Louisiana. Named Operation Sagebrush, the focus of this exercise was to evaluate the effectiveness of military operations in a nuclear environment. The exercise lasted for 15 days with 85,000 troops participating. A provisional army, meant to represent U.S. forces, was built around the 1st Armored Division and an opposing force was built around the 82nd Airborne Division. U.S. Air Force bombers and fighter planes also participated in this exercise with powerful aircraft operating in the sky, stirring great interest among the citizens of the region.
operation sagebrush at 4.2

It is noted that Vietnam followed shortly thereafter and some of the tactics learned in this operation were very likley for Vietnam. I already told you what this operation was meant for once. Now I had to go back to get the documentation again while you just go off of your memory. My thread isn't even about this. This is not very fair.
edit on 9-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Complete Darkness is a private risk of the Government being able to do whatever they want with zero consequences.

Somewhere in a middle, a balance is struck. The Press and the average citizen will never know exactly what the Government is doing. Some could argue this is a good thing. Secrets mean the military can have tricks up it's sleeve for fighting their enemies, thought too many secrets and you risk alienating your public.

What strikes me as more odd is that people are surprised the press isn't allowed to cover Jade Helm. When have the press ever been permitted to "imbed" in domestic training exercises?

Several and I have documented them in this thread in previous posts. You could start with the one in the article linked in the original post.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

see all the rest of my post. Especially the one that speaks of the Military Oath.
I read it. And you can google where members of the military are being asked if they would kill American citizens if asked. I have almost broken google after repeated questions of 'what about this operation and that operation and ever heard of this one...." on and on and on.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I read it. And you can google where members of the military are being asked if they would kill American citizens if asked. I have almost broken google after repeated questions of 'what about this operation and that operation and ever heard of this one...." on and on and on.

Google wont break unlike our Dow Jones. Feel free and dont let that concern you .

edit on 9-7-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Several and I have documented them in this thread in previous posts. You could start with the one in the article linked in the original post.
I see, I didn't bother to read the link in your OP. Point made.

I still don't think Jade Helm is anything more than a training exercise.

link   

It is stupid. These training exercises happen all the time. There was an even BIGGER training operation that occurred in the EXACT same spots in the early 2000's, but we didn't hear a PEEP about it in the media. Probably because we had a Republican in office when it happened.

Why is it that you guys question this account? There are FORMER military in this very thread telling you how this crap works and you are just blowing it off to talk about some silly idea about encroaching martial law.

It is not some silly idea. I am taken aback by vehement reaction from you and a couple others on a website that is often concerned with law enforcement, non transparency of the government, etc. I get words like 'silly' and 'stupid'.
I don't understand why the political affiliation of the President matters here. Most websites focusing on this are right wing. The MSM has spent very little time on this. They have paid attention today due to the media ban and rightly so.

EXACTLY! That is a HUGE tip-off to the silliness of this conspiracy. The right wing media gets its ratings and viewership from overexaggerating non-existent threats.

You don't say? Thanks for that classified info Captain Obvious. Not for every issue all the time. I have been following and researching this for a long time and really, really want to stay with the original topic.

Well then what makes this a credible threat then? Whenever -I- see the right wing media exclusively reporting on an "issue" I automatically chalk it up to hyperbole. You have to prove otherwise to me before I will believe otherwise. The right wing media cries "wolf" WAY too often to take anything originating from them seriously.

It is not the right wing media that exclusively reported on the press ban.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Still people demand more proof that Jade Helm is not just an exercise.
They are making the leap to computer and AI guided warfare.
It is not mere coincidence the markets are taking a beating either.
When they crash the economy Jade Helm will be ready to play it's part.
I hope you enjoy a military dictatorship because that's precisely where we're headed.
To top it off those in charge have no allegiance to the US.
"We will have a One World government" - David Rockefeller.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join