It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's All Part Of God's Plan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
I am really going to have to stop my arrogant, sarcastic, and mean spirited posts.....

Oh, did I say moron? Maybe it was a slip.....

Naaaaaa

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I know. I am a jerk. I am an arrogant, insensitive jerk. But, I have been one since I have been posting on this forum. So, I honestly assumed I was already on the radar screen "to be watched".

You see, I am entitled to my opinion too.... I used to post in the physics and science section on ATS. I cannot remember what it was called. I thought that was my "true calling" to this site. Shortly thereafter, I realized that no, I have another calling, politics...wait no. It is to do to religious people, exactly what they do to non religious people. I am harsh and to the point. So are they.

They are quick to judge others for being athiests....or simply for being from india. A crime clearly punishable by death according to their God and their beliefs. I may seem intolerant....but, so are they! Besides, this forum wouldn't have enough rational skepticism if it wasnt for me being so staightforward.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
But there are no gods. Why be angry at something that does not exist?
The earth is changing, as it always has, and will continue to do in the future.

There is only one way to escape the earths changings is to flee to space.
But out there there are also problems. Dust and rocks fly fast everywhere and we risk some hit any space station or moon city we make, exposing the people that live there to empty space...

With other word, we might die no matter where we choose to live. There are no safe heaven for humans. Some claim that we must belive, because it protect. But I bet alot of those who died were belivers. Belive cannot save anyone. Belive just makes people ignorant to fact, like G.W. Bush.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For the love of all that is good, will someone please read the ENTIRE POST before responding to me with "there is no god"! In any case.....I am going to have to cut back on my sarcasm I think.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

For the love of all that is good, will someone please read the ENTIRE POST before responding to me with "there is no god"! In any case.....I am going to have to cut back on my sarcasm I think.

Do I hear wisdom? Maybe I should not have responded so fast!

Anyway, there isn't, but that does not matter as long as there is
LOVE!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I suppose you are right! Wow, it is weird writing without sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
LOVE!

How do you know there isnt?
You have to remember that we are just human, homo-sapiens. We do have comprehensive/physological barriers.
It is easy saying *there isn't*,yet personally i find it a ignorant statement. In your universe, you can only see what yours framework allows you to, agreed?. It kind of like your brain being trapped in a box, and it cant escape. But maybe with technological we could get out of this box. Humans cant get off earth by themselves they need technology. Maybe technological can break this box. What if God exsisted outside this box. I do believe the stereotypical God in all religions (that im familiar with) -doesnt- exsist. i believe our brain conceptual+perceptual is very primative to what it could be, which is because of our biological make-up(this may change with genetic engineering and nanotechnology).
we can have guess work, this and that, and say this isnt real, and that is.
But the truth that i see is. what if we cant precieve something? we cant comprehend something?

does this mean its real? or does it mean its not?

for all we know, love itself could be god.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
LOVE!

How do you know there isnt?
You have to remember that we are just human, homo-sapiens. We do have comprehensive/physological barriers.
It is easy saying *there isn't*,yet personally i find it a ignorant statement. In your universe, you can only see what yours framework allows you to, agreed?. It kind of like your brain being trapped in a box, and it cant escape. But maybe with technological we could get out of this box. Humans cant get off earth by themselves they need technology. Maybe technological can break this box. What if God exsisted outside this box. I do believe the stereotypical God in all religions (that im familiar with) -doesnt- exsist. i believe our brain conceptual+perceptual is very primative to what it could be, which is because of our biological make-up(this may change with genetic engineering and nanotechnology).
we can have guess work, this and that, and say this isnt real, and that is.
But the truth that i see is. what if we cant precieve something? we cant comprehend something?

does this mean its real? or does it mean its not?

for all we know, love itself could be god.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I guess this just goes to show how wonderful and loving the God who rules your particular religion of choice is.

God has a reasons for everything, as some say.....

Regarding the Tsunami:

I have a serious question for the Christians of the board though. What do you personally think those people did to deserve the death of 23-24 thousand? Were they mean spirited? All of them? Millions homeless! What is God trying to tell us all? Were they supposed to build an ark? God loves us all so much. He is all knowing. He is all powerful. He is such a nice guy it seams. I mean...who wouldn't want to have to clean up thousands of bodies.....with no where to put them???? The stink must be lovely. Thanks God!

Just another example of the mental breakdown that is religion. The mental illness as someone else put it on this board.

What will we do now? that's the reason for it to have happened.

When our world starts to shake, we beg God for help, but it is God who's shaking it.

Love

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted

I guess this just goes to show how wonderful and loving the God who rules your particular religion of choice is.

God has a reasons for everything, as some say.....

Regarding the Tsunami:

I have a serious question for the Christians of the board though. What do you personally think those people did to deserve the death of 23-24 thousand? Were they mean spirited? All of them? Millions homeless! What is God trying to tell us all? Were they supposed to build an ark? God loves us all so much. He is all knowing. He is all powerful. He is such a nice guy it seams. I mean...who wouldn't want to have to clean up thousands of bodies.....with no where to put them???? The stink must be lovely. Thanks God!

Just another example of the mental breakdown that is religion. The mental illness as someone else put it on this board.

What will we do now? that's the reason for it to have happened.

When our world starts to shake, we beg God for help, but it is God who's shaking it.

Love

god doesnt shake the plates, geological activity does caused by the constant movement of techtonic plates

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Seapeople, did you know the Indonesian government killed 200,000 East Timoreans in cold blood just 30 years ago?

If you ask an East Timorean, they may call this divine justice.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Regarding your criticism of Christians for labeling the tsunami as "part of god's plan"...well I happen to agree with you there. I don't believe that it had anything to do with a plan, or that these particular people deserved what they got. You have every right to be pissed off after hearing that family...hell, I'm pissed off just from just reading it.

But thats the only part of your statement that I agree with. I am a religious and spiritual person, non-christian (however I respect christians), and although I believe in a God in a sense, I don't believe that He caused this or let it happen for any particular reason. Just because I have a religion does not mean that I believe every tragedy in our world happens for a divine purpose. Life is full of hardships, this is one of them. God doesn't make every aspect of our lives joyful, and i'm happy He doesn't because I prefer to live a life of hardships so I can learn from my problems and become stronger as a result. That's pretty arrogant of you to critisize EVERY religion on that one particular point. You assume that all people who belive in a god believe that divine purpose explains tragic events, which just isn't true. That is at least what I have gathered from your post. If I have taken anything you said the wrong way I apologize.

(edit) it seems like you only find your mistakes after you post...doesn't matter how many times you proofread!

[edit on 1-1-2005 by zhangmaster]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Seapeople- i am a jerk! i am mean ,nasty ,rude,resentful, full of arrogance, bitterness, etc......hey Seapeople! your a jerk! you are mean, nasty, rude,resentful, full of arrogance,bitterness, etc...hey tsunami victims you are all lame too!!!! guess what? if you are reading this you are dumb!! there you go! EVERYONE is EQUAL! whenever anything "bad" happens people say " why? what did we do to deserve this? why me? why them?"
we do not have all the answers. god allows things to go down the way he sees fit, and just because we dont get it, does not mean there is not a plan!.........also i would like to know where you think the bible states the earth is flat and square? but just in case that you cannot locate it, i have done the work for you! below find a article writen about your claim...read the rest at darrelldumas.com or better yet realy read your bible!

Many people have erroneously believed that the Bible teaches the earth is flat. The Medieval Catholic Church held to the notion the earth is flat and is the center of the universe.

When Galileo presented scientific evidence to the contrary, his facts and theories were branded as "absurd in philosophy, and formally heretical, because expressly contrary to Holy Scripture."

But nowhere does the Bible teach the flat earth theory, or that the earth is a stationary object at the center of the universe.

Galileo's theories were declared heretical in the 17th century. But, amazingly enough, six hundred years before Christ, the prophet Isaiah was inspired by Almighty God to write and speak of the spherical shape of the planet earth!

Notice it! In Isaiah 40:22 we read of God, "It is He that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth." Moffatt translates this verse more clearly: "He sits over the ROUND EARTH." The Critical and Experimental Commentary states this expression is "applicable to the globular form of the earth." The original Hebrew word is chuug and means a "compass, circle, or sphere."

But how did Isaiah, an ancient Hebrew prophet, know that the earth is round? Here is PROOF that the ancient Hebrews were far more knowledgeable and scientific than they are given credit for being!

But how much did the ancient writers of the Bible really know about the earth? Did they believe the notions of their Gentile contemporaries who believed the earth was carried about on the back of a great tortoise?

The Amazing Earth

Three amazing truths were known about the earth itself which the rest of the world did not understand for another two or three THOUSAND YEARS! Sound incredible? It should!

First, the fact that the earth revolves around the sun once every year was not generally understood until the days of Copernicus and came to be known as the Copernican Theory. This was in the 16th century -- just a little more than 400 years ago. He taught that the sun is the center of the solar system.

However, thousands of years before his time,-in the days of the patriarch Moses, the Bible uses the precise expression to indicate the revolution of the earth around the sun once a year was known to ancient Biblical astronomers! In Exodus 34:22 we read, in the King James Version, the innocent phrase, "And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest. and the feast of ingathering at the year's end." According to the original Hebrew, however, this should be translated "at the REVOLUTION OF THE YEAR." The original Hebrew word is tequuphah and means "to move in a circle," "circuit," "to go round," "orbit of the sun," as well as "revolution of time."

The Goodspeed translation has "at the turn of the year." In the days of the prophet Samuel, the expression "in revolution of days" was used to denote the time from conception to birth of a child (I Sam. 1:20, margin). Goodspeed translates this, "when the time came around."

Notice also II Chronicles 24:23 where the "end of the year" is called, in the original Hebrew, "in the REVOLUTION of the year" (marginal rendering). Don't these verses clearly suggest the fact that the ancient Hebrews KNEW the earth revolves around the sun, and completes one revolution -- one turning -- each year?

But this is not all. Notice Job 38:12-14 where we read: "Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place; that it might take hold of the ends of the earth . . . IT [the earth] IS TURNED AS CLAY TO THE SEAL . . ."

What does this mean? God is talking to the ancient patriarch Job about the morning -- the rising of the sun. How is it that the sun appears to rise in the morning? This verse contains the scientific truth -- the TRUE explanation! The earth tself turns, or "rotates" - from west to east, causing the sun to rise in the morning, in the eastern sky, and appear to move through the sky to the western horizon, where it appears to "set."

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I guess this just goes to show how wonderful and loving the God who rules your particular religion of choice is. God has a reasons for everything, as some say.....

Regarding the Tsunami:

Where in any scripture you see God giving safety from natural disasters to the believers ?

If the deads were few in number , were you to open a thread about this ?
It is only the number that triggered you while everyday peoples are dying .

Isn't all people were going to die , including you ? Why you are interested in the way of death while you know your final destination ?

Why you're looking for immortality or safety in this life ? This world is full of problems and it isn't a world to stay but a world that will extinguish at the end .

"Who would build a house on the waves of the sea? This world is that house, so you should not take it as a dwelling.'' - Jesus (pbuh) , [Seas of Lights]

At least you should know how death will surprise you and stop waisting your time .

When Jesus passed by a house whose inmates had died and others had taken their place, he said: " woe to your owners who inherited you! How they have learned no lesson from their late brothers." [Seas of Lights]

And be sure that this world doesn't make a value for any believer .

"Verily, this world is merely a bridge, so cross over it, and do not make it your abode."- Jesus (pbuh) , [Seas of Lights]

[edit on 1-1-2005 by XLEGIONS]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think too many people like to jump on the 'If God existed why did.......happen' bandwagon. You've got to understand that God isn't here to watch over us and control our lives, we were born with free will, the will to choose right over wrong for the sole reason that this life is a test.

The World's population has NEVER been as big. The Industrial Revolution triggered a population growth that has grown exponentially since the 1800s. Before 1780, the World population wasn't even 1 billion, today it's about 6.4 billion. God didn't cause that, WE did.

City planners built cities for these people anywhere they could, on fault lines (San Francisco, Kobe) on floodplains (most major cities are built on floodplains) and at the foot of volcanos and then we stand back and blame God when disaster strikes.

Some people believe you can control nature, the people who built those cities believed they could and they underestimated it big time. Look at the way the US has tried to engineer the Mississippi River : It flooded in 1993 causing $11 billion in damage, killing 50 people and wrecking 50,000 homes. If the San Andreas fault line was to shift again, San Francisco would be in ruins. The population is bigger than it was in 1906 and people live in even higher concentrations, we're talking thousands of deaths, in the world's most developed country.

Don't blame God for these things. 100 years ago people didn't live in concentrations like that in Sumatra or Indonesia, people lived in the highlands. India was the same, so was Sri-Lanka and so was Thailand. If you build huge beachfront hotels then you're attracting local business, shops will be built, jobs will be created and even more people will be attracted to these cities. All of this in spite of the tectonic history of the area.

Don't blame God, God didn't place those hotels there, God didn't build cities there, it was our fault. Blame the city planners of the past. In fact, blame the planners that built those buildings 10 years ago and the planners who will be rebuilding them this year.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Simon_the_byron]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join