It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Selleck 'stole water for ranch'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
In a strange turn of events avocado rancher Selleck was suspected of raiding a public hydrant to supply water to his parched crops , so Calleguas Municipal Water District in Ventura County hired a Private Investigator to get the evidence for a prossecution .... wonder if it was Luther Gillis they hired.

The Calleguas Municipal Water District in Ventura County claims a tanker truck filled up more than a dozen times over the past two years.
It said the water was delivered to the Magnum PI star's nearby 60-acre ranch, where he grows avocados.
The district is seeking a court injunction preventing Selleck from taking any more water.

The most recent incident was in March, when the same truck was spotted taking water in the town of Thousand Oaks and taking it to the actor's ranch in Westlake Village on four consecutive days.
The complaint added the location of the water hydrant was in a different area than the water district that serves the actor's ranch.
The district said it sent Selleck a cease-and-desist order in November 2013, warning it would take legal action if he did not stop taking the water.
In addition to the injunction, the district is also seeking to recoup its legal fees and investigative costs.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex I saw this news yesterday. As a farmer I think he is allotted more water and I think if he still ran out, he could afford to buy from a private source. I find it bizarre.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Thats it, focus on the little guy. Criminalize them. The Big Agro Machine needs your water, Tom.

(In California, 80 percent of the state’s developed water supply is devoted to farming.)

Water and farming in California

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This is so stupid it hurts. Tom should sell and move out of the people's republic of California before it's to late.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- Goretex- I know You won't get wet. "They" are buying up 'most' of the ranches/farms and many opine they are doing that for the water rights that those places carry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.alternet.org...

I do KNOW for a FACT that the drinking water "Crystal Geyser™" that claims that it 'bottled at the source' is total BOLOGNA it is pumped out of a well on Snyder Lane in Rohnert Park, Ca. 94928 (check back to this thread and I'll see if I can attach an aerial view.)

I'm surprised Magnum didn't get T.C. to do some helicopter pulls out of the Ca.Aqueduct That is thing that Southern Ca. uses to suck the water out of Northern Ca. where a majority of our food is produced..

Because it is Summer...

Magnum is in Hot water...

namaste

Edit: Google™ won't let Me travel down that far. I did find an article from 2009..

P.S. Stay Hydrated My Friend
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
they better back off huh!
one time he was bustin caps in a water bucket from as far away as that guy could ride his horse to set the bucket on the dirt ....true story, I saw it on T. V.....in Australia I think!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Who would have guessed Magnum P.I. is now an avocado farmer.....???

In our area, no shortage of water, but the problem is when farms really pump out the water, creating a sinkhole scenario to the neighbors.

Farming, in CA? With their water crisis? Time to invest in desal...something the state should have done DECADES ago.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So was Tom Selleck actually driving the truck and draining the fire hydrant? Why wouldn't they arrest the people who were actually draining the hydrant and stealing the water?

Wait, they spent $22k to investigate this? To stakeout a fire hydrant and follow a truck???

In documents filed at Ventura Country Superior Court, the complaint said the Calleguas Municipal Water District spent nearly $22,000 (£14,300) to hire a private investigator from 2013-15 to record the thefts

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
He probably felt entitled and justified because all of the charities he gave to.

Jesus was right- Your good works are like filthy rags

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Just trying to vision Magnum in his Hawaii shirt and shorts ripping through California in his truck laden with stolen water
It's like a scene from the show, marvelous yet riduculous as it was. Best show ever, especially Tom's angular punches and flashbacks to Vietnam. Maybe he just can't retire from the action

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is so stupid it hurts. Tom should sell and move out of the people's republic of California before it's to late.

So he should move to a place where the are ok with him stealing water?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Tom Selleck is a man's man, a true american cowboy. He won't let no damn government tell him he can't water his property.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Just before I left my home to do an errand about an hour ago...on CNN it was reported that the authorities could find no evidence of wrong doing by Tom Selleck.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I like Tom Selleck. He's always carried himself with grace and dignity and has proven himself to be a man of character. I need more information on this before I comment further.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I met Tom Selleck in 1981 here in Seattle when he and Jane Curtain were filming the 1982 TV movie (Divorce Wars); a friend of mine lived in the neighborhood were they were filming...we were allowed on the set to watch some of the action...it was fun! Tom Selleck was very much the gentleman. I enjoyed speaking to him briefly.

I am curious to hear all the details...which I don't think have been told to us yet.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

He is an 'Innocent Man'

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Definitely innocent...... Tom is the man I'd love to be. I even grew a moustache a few years ago and bought a Mk2 MR2 (poor mans Ferrari) going through some sort of mid life crisis wearing the mirror shades

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
but he still has a stache

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Update

After Being Accused of Stealing Water for His 60-Acre Ranch, the Truth Comes Out About Tom Selleck

..... However, after the district hired a private investigator to look into Selleck’s water usage, it has been confirmed that the “Magnum, P.I.” star paid for his water.

According to ABC News, it turns out that a construction company Selleck worked with actually paid a fee to secure the rights to draw water from the city hydrant two years ago, according to Jay Spurgin, public works director for Thousand Oaks:

“There was water used during that time, and it was paid for.”

The deal allows these companies to haul as much water as they want for special projects. They can then sell the water to a third party, as long as that party pays their monthly service charge and water bills.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

In documents filed at Ventura Country Superior Court, the complaint said the Calleguas Municipal Water District spent nearly $22,000 (£14,300) to hire a private investigator from 2013-15 to record the thefts

Lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join