It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Candidates Snub Largest Gathering of Latino Leaders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Those darn Republicans. They are so racist and evil.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't know if I'd say that. I would say that many of them are brainwashed. That's why they wont go to an event like this. The base actually believes this group is a Marxist commie group.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's simple. The GOP is catering to the far right ...the candidates are positioning to win the primary. While at the same time losing ground to any Democratic candidate. It's suicide.

Remember that moderates swing and decide the election. All the sane people in the middle. They would vote for Bush but when he says that Americans need to work more hours...they're hesitant. He's really out of touch. The moderate LGBT voters would vote for a republican if his economic policies were sound but The GOP candidates of left them out. The Latinos would vote for someone on the right but they're not showing up for things like this. Never mind if this organizations is radical or not. The Perception is that GOP candidates are snubbing the Latino vote. Not the Illegal immigrant vote but actual hard working American citizen Latinos that will vote in this election.

Way to go Gop....

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Watch soon how the GOP gets behind Bush.

Then all the middle ground fence sitters will vote for Jeb.

All these things are well planned in advance.

But all that aside, I think most La Raza voter bases are in big city solid Democrat areas anyway, and nothing will bend those votes much.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What could any GOP candidate say at a Latino Leaders gathering that would be of positive nature. They've gone out of there way over the past several years to ensure that everyone understands that the only vote they care about is the Caucasian male.

Women - they hate 'em
Hispanics - they hate 'em
Blacks - they hate 'em

They haven't quite covered completed offending the Asian community lately, but they'll get there.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

And then it will be Jeb to the rescue !!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It should come down to common sense and following existing laws...

But then again, we are talking about politicians, they seem to think they're full of the first (as opposed to what they really are full of) and exempt from the latter...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: amazing

Watch soon how the GOP gets behind Bush.

Then all the middle ground fence sitters will vote for Jeb.

All these things are well planned in advance.

But all that aside, I think most La Raza voter bases are in big city solid Democrat areas anyway, and nothing will bend those votes much.

You see what I'm saying though, right? The Republican candidates are losing moderate ground to democrats. That doesn't bode well for the general election. If I was a republican stategist. I would be telling my candidates to court the latino vote the female vote the LGBT vote. Not turn them away.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Sorry to say this but I am latina and I do not associate myself with any latino so call groups out there and I do not recognize any of the so call leader to be my leader and neither any of the people that I know that are latinos, perhaps because these so call leaders and group pair themselves to the illegal immigrants as legal American citizens in the nation that are voters have better things to do like working and paying taxes while worrying about retirement, than listening to the crap they spew

Still I made up my mind and this elections I am voting no for candidates but for political parties, the reason very simple Democrats has done a lousy job for the last eight years.

So I don't care what party is a suck butt or elite kiss butt or how racist they are, this about which party is going to support my chances to keep my job so I don't have to fall into the growing welfare class.

La raza can kiss my latino butt for what I care sometimes racism comes both ways.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
La Raza has funded and supported MEChA. Here is a nice quote from one of it's leaders: "“The ultimate ideology is the liberation of Aztlan. Communism would be closest [to it]. Once Aztlan is established, ethnic cleansing would commence: Non-Chicanos would have to be expelled — opposition groups would be quashed because you have to keep power.”

Former MEChA members include Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who was officially endorsed by La Raza for mayor and was awarded La Raza’s Graciela Olivarez Award. California Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante is also a former MEChA member. He delivered the keynote address at La Raza’s 2002 Annual Convention.

THe founder of La Raza in his own words:

Supports radical leftist schools including Academia Semillas del Pueblo in Los Angeles, whose principal inveighed: “We don’t want to drink from a White water fountain, we have our own wells and our natural reservoirs and our way of collecting rain in our aqueducts. We don’t need a White water fountain…ultimately the White way, the American way, the neo liberal, capitalist way of life will eventually lead to our own destruction.”

So supports radical Marxist groups and gets their members into office, preaches racial divides and superiority, is for wealth and land redistribution, how can they not be called anything but radical Marxist racists?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Well perhaps we have found where the problem lies. This man was not a founder of the National Council of La Raza. He was the founder of MAYO and the Raza Unida party.

If you read his bio it does not say he had anything to do with the NCLR.

Even the video you posted is being disingenuous in that he did not found the "La Raza Unida". He founded the "Raza Unida Party", which is not part of NCLR.

Here is his wiki page: Wiki
edit on 9-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Well perhaps we have found where the problem lies. This man was not a founder of the National Council of La Raza. He was the founder of MAYO and the Raza Unida party.

If you read his bio it does not say he had anything to do with the NCLR.

Even the video you posted is being disingenuous in that he did not found the "La Raza Unida". He founded the "Raza Unida Party", which is not part of NCLR.

Here is his wiki page: Wiki

So LaRaza did not support MEChA members into office? Didn't fund MEChA?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what the realities are in American politics. It's a matter of perception.

As much as the middle class wants to support GOP candidates they are being driven away by perceived racism ala Trump,
sexism, and a connection to the large corporate oligarchy that keeps raising prices and cutting wages.

I think Bush will be the next POTUS but congress and the house will fall into the Democratic camp....more gridlock....

same as it ever was. However there is an outside chance that Jeb will surprise everyone and abandon the neocons....

nah....get ready for more war so the MIC can profit. Jeb will raise taxes to pay for it and young people will die.

It's an established ritual. Do you honestly think anything will fundamentally change?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No. They did not financially support any mecha member to get in to office and did not fund mecha. Let's look at what they say they did do:

NCLR has never supported, and does not support, separatist organizations. Some critics have accused MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlán) of being a separatist organization and denounced NCLR for being a purported “major funder” of the organization. The reality is that in 2003, NCLR provided one chapter of the organization (Georgetown University) with a $2,500 subgrant to support a conference of Latino students—mainly from the Southwest and West Coast—who were attending East Coast colleges but could not afford to travel home for Thanksgiving. These Latino student groups hold mini-conferences with workshops and speakers, bringing together students who are often the first high school graduates and college attendees in their families.

According to its mission statement, MEChA is a student organization whose primary objectives are educational—to help Latino students finish high school and go to college, and to support them while at institutions of higher education. NCLR freely acknowledges that some of the organization’s founding documents, e.g., Plan Espiritual de Aztlán, contain inappropriate rhetoric, and NCLR also acknowledges that rhetoric from some MEChA members has been extremist and inflammatory.

Source

I'd hardly call that "funding Mecha".

I'd still like to hear your thoughts on the information I provided about the so-called "founder" of La Raza. Why haven't you addressed that?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

No. They did not financially support any mecha member to get in to office and did not fund mecha. Let's look at what they say they did do:

NCLR has never supported, and does not support, separatist organizations. Some critics have accused MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlán) of being a separatist organization and denounced NCLR for being a purported “major funder” of the organization. The reality is that in 2003, NCLR provided one chapter of the organization (Georgetown University) with a $2,500 subgrant to support a conference of Latino students—mainly from the Southwest and West Coast—who were attending East Coast colleges but could not afford to travel home for Thanksgiving. These Latino student groups hold mini-conferences with workshops and speakers, bringing together students who are often the first high school graduates and college attendees in their families.

According to its mission statement, MEChA is a student organization whose primary objectives are educational—to help Latino students finish high school and go to college, and to support them while at institutions of higher education. NCLR freely acknowledges that some of the organization’s founding documents, e.g., Plan Espiritual de Aztlán, contain inappropriate rhetoric, and NCLR also acknowledges that rhetoric from some MEChA members has been extremist and inflammatory.

Source

I'd hardly call that "funding Mecha".

I'd still like to hear your thoughts on the information I provided about the so-called "founder" of La Raza. Why haven't you addressed that?

So if someone funds a little part of the KKK they are not racist? Support KKK members for election, they cannot be called racist? That's a silly point.

The article said Gutierrez was a founder of La Raza Unita. Sorry if I got the two groups confused.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So if someone funds a little part of the KKK they are not racist? Support KKK members for election, they cannot be called racist? That's a silly point.

Yes it is. You cannot compare an organization who had some shady things in it's founding documents, and some ignorant members who say stupid things, to the KKK which not only said extreme things, but actively killed people.

It was a one-time thing and they have denounced Mecha's rhetoric. What else can they do? To say they are a Marxist extremist group is silly in and of itself.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I happen to agree with your post, but realistically I have to say that that same elite be corrupted or not and the government are the biggest employers of voters in the nation, without them I and my husband will not have jobs that are not dependent on government hand outs to survive they support the productive class so they can pay for those that work hard but still can no survive without the government.

Is a vicious cycle, but it work for the time being.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't know if I'd say that. I would say that many of them are brainwashed. That's why they wont go to an event like this. The base actually believes this group is a Marxist commie group.

Anyone who reads and follow their words and actions knows that they are a Marxist commie group

“In the spirit of a new people that is conscious not only of its proud historical heritage but also of the brutal gringo invasion of our territories, we, the Chicano inhabitants and civilizers of the northern land of Aztlan from whence came our forefathers, reclaiming the land of their birth and consecrating the determination of our people of the sun, declare that the call of our blood is our power, our responsibility, and our inevitable destiny.

… Aztlan belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans. … We are a bronze people with a bronze culture. Before the world, before all of North America, before all our brothers in the bronze continent, we are a nation, we are a union of free pueblos, we are Aztlan. For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada.”

“For The Race everything. Outside The Race, nothing.”
edit on 9-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

“For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada,”

The final plan for the La Raza movement includes the ethnic cleansing of Americans of European, African, and Asian descent out of “Aztlan.”

As Miguel Perez of Cal State-Northridge’s MEChA chapter has been quoted as saying: “The ultimate ideology is the liberation of Aztlan. Communism would be closest [to it]. Once Aztlan is established, ethnic cleansing would commence: Non-Chicanos would have to be expelled — opposition groups would be quashed because you have to keep power.”

Organizational Goals

1. UNITY in the thinking of our people concerning the barrios, the pueblo, the campo, the land, the poor, the middle class, the professional--all committed to the liberation of La Raza.

2. ECONOMY: economic control of our lives and our communities can only come about by driving the exploiter out of our communities, our pueblos, and our lands and by controlling and developing our own talents, sweat, and resources. Cultural background and values which ignore materialism and embrace humanism will contribute to the act of cooperative buying and the distribution of resources and production to sustain an economic base for healthy growth and development Lands rightfully ours will be fought for and defended. Land and realty ownership will be acquired by the community for the people's welfare. Economic ties of responsibility must be secured by nationalism and the Chicano defense units.

3. EDUCATION must be relative to our people, i.e., history, culture, bilingual education, contributions, etc. Community control of our schools, our teachers, our administrators, our counselors, and our programs.

4. INSTITUTIONS shall serve our people by providing the service necessary for a full life and their welfare on the basis of restitution, not handouts or beggar's crumbs. Restitution for past economic slavery, political exploitation, ethnic and cultural psychological destruction and denial of civil and human rights. Institutions in our community which do not serve the people have no place in the community. The institutions belong to the people.

5. SELF-DEFENSE of the community must rely on the combined strength of the people. The front line defense will come from the barrios, the campos, the pueblos, and the ranchitos. Their involvement as protectors of their people will be given respect and dignity. They in turn offer their responsibility and their lives for their people. Those who place themselves in the front ranks for their people do so out of love and carnalismo. Those institutions which are fattened by our brothers to provide employment and political pork barrels for the gringo will do so only as acts of liberation and for La Causa. For the very young there will no longer be acts of juvenile delinquency, but revolutionary acts.

6. CULTURAL values of our people strengthen our identity and the moral backbone of the movement. Our culture unites and educates the family of La Raza towards liberation with one heart and one mind. We must insure that our writers, poets, musicians, and artists produce literature and art that is appealing to our people and relates to our revolutionary culture. Our cultural values of life, family, and home will serve as a powerful weapon to defeat the gringo dollar value system and encourage the process of love and brotherhood.

7. POLITICAL LIBERATION can only come through independent action on our part, since the two-party system is the same animal with two heads that feed from the same trough. Where we are a majority, we will control; where we are a minority, we will represent a pressure group; nationally, we will represent one party: La Familia de La Raza!

www.mayorno.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's all well and good. Can you provide some quotes and information from people that actually have something to do with NCLR?

The names and quotes you gave are from people in other organizations that do hold some extreme views that NCLR have denounced and separated themselves from.

You also have to learn how the language is used. “For La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada,” does not mean everything or all for the orginization La Raza or the NCLR. It means for all people.

Edit: If you look at my previous post to Navydoc, I included a statement from the NCLR in which they denounce these groups and refutes your ridiculous claims.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join