It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Candidates Snub Largest Gathering of Latino Leaders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Sure, the 'key' to winning the WH is latinos eh?

Guess we won't see any GOP candidates actually doing anything to show support though.

WASHINGTON -- If the GOP thinks they’re going to win more Hispanic voters in 2016, they appear to have decided that speaking at large gatherings of Latino leaders isn’t the way to go. None of the 2016 candidates will address the annual convention of the National Council of La Raza -- the largest Latino advocacy group -- being held next week in Kansas City, Missouri, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Republicans have long contended that winning Hispanics is key to winning the White House, as Latinos are the fastest growing constituency in the country. And President Barack Obama was able to secure his victory thanks to winning the Hispanic vote by a more than 36 point margin in 2008 and 44 point margin in 2012.

Sou rce

So hilariously enough, nobody is going to show up to discuss the problems of the average Latino. Except for Ben Carson it seems. He's really the only sane candidate I've seen anyway.

Thoughts ATS?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Guess we won't see any GOP candidates actually doing anything to show support though.

WASHINGTON -- If the GOP thinks they’re going to win more Hispanic voters in 2016, they appear to have decided that speaking at large gatherings of Latino leaders isn’t the way to go. None of the 2016 candidates will address the annual convention of the National Council of La Raza -- the largest Latino advocacy group -- being held next week in Kansas City, Missouri, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Republicans have long contended that winning Hispanics is key to winning the White House, as Latinos are the fastest growing constituency in the country. And President Barack Obama was able to secure his victory thanks to winning the Hispanic vote by a more than 36 point margin in 2008 and 44 point margin in 2012.

Sou rce

So hilariously enough, nobody is going to show up to discuss the problems of the average Latino. Except for Ben Carson it seems. He's really the only sane candidate I've seen anyway.

Thoughts ATS?

~Tenth

I'd make two points, not arguments, just a question and an observation:
1) Its been my impression that La Raza is a pretty radical group. Is that correct?
If it is correct, then the candidates may simply be uncomfortable with the level of militancy.
2) The GOP is demographically dead. They know it. They've circled the wagons to the point that they now appear to be walled off from this society and the reality on the ground in the US. For that reason, they tend to appear near in-bred and not altogether well wired. So......like a lot of people, I don't really look at or follow the GOP anymore. All they appear to do is like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

1) Its been my impression that La Raza is a pretty radical group. Is that correct?

I've heard it referred to as an extremist organization for sure. Not sure if any of that holds weight, but it's certainly possible.

All they appear to do is like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Great quote!

Yeah, I see what you're saying, I like to pay attention however, because at the end of the day Fox News is the most popular news channel in the US. And that's not because hipsters are turning in 'sarcastically and ironically' to Bill O'reilly every night either.

If nothing else, the POTUS hopefuls are a never ending source of entertainment.

~Tenth

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of how the media steers the conversation and helps to form popular opinion.

While this article explains how large a presence La Raza aka "The Race" is and how horrible those darn Republicans are to not accept an invite while Hilary did attend, what they dont tell you is anything about La Raza. What they do, what they stand for.

See, a small detail like that actually explains why Republicans would "snub" them. It also explains why Hilary showed up.

La Raza, for some time now, has been lobbying against US Immigration laws. Some would go so far as to say they lobby for open boarders with Mexico.

So- what is the Republican Party stance on our current immigration laws? Oh yeah, that MIGHT explain it

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I haven't read enough to form an absolute opinion, what I have read does not make me think I would go to their meeting either. I concede I don't have the full story yet, but my early opinion is anyone this group likes is someone that should not be voted for. I would prefer if everyone snubbed them, and instead courted different latino groups.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower I'm not sure about Ben Carson being sane, but he made a good choice to go to this event. It was also a risky choice--if La raza is seen as a left wing extremist group, since Ben Carson was briefly on The SPLC's list of right wing extremists. Maybe it was to continue to appease the SPLC.

edit on 9-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Perhaps the GOP leaders already know who and what those 'Latino leaders' support and are aligned with.

The idea that it's ethnic leaders who the political parties need the support to win has led to pandering to individual ethnicities to the point that it is more divisive to the society in the long run than appealing to the grass root voters.

Other than garnering approval from the media and avoiding criticism from the same-the media would only find something else to criticize-is a waste of time.

In this case, well done, GOP!

edit on 9-7-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Of course they didn't attend a meeting of a racist radical Marxist group. Complaining about that would be like excoriating a democratic candidate for refusing to attend a KKK rally.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

GOP Candidates Snub Largest Gathering of Latino Leaders

What difference does it make? Trump has completely canceled the Hispanic vote for the GOP anyway.....for now.

Jeb will save the day with ads in Spanish. He is fluent in Spanish and has an Hispanic wife.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal
This is a perfect example of how the media steers the conversation and helps to form popular opinion.

While this article explains how large a presence La Raza aka "The Race" is and how horrible those darn Republicans are to not accept an invite while Hilary did attend, what they dont tell you is anything about La Raza. What they do, what they stand for.

See, a small detail like that actually explains why Republicans would "snub" them. It also explains why Hilary showed up.

La Raza, for some time now, has been lobbying against US Immigration laws. Some would go so far as to say they lobby for open boarders with Mexico.

So- what is the Republican Party stance on our current immigration laws? Oh yeah, that MIGHT explain it

Exactly. This would be like if Obama didn't speak at the Nation of Islam conference. You wouldn't see articles saying the Obama is turning his back on black folks.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Sou rce

Thoughts ATS?

~Tenth

So, Republicans should be supporting a racist brown supremacy group called "The Race" is a good thing because they're a huge racist voting block for Democrats?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Why isn't this story about how Democrats openly support a racist organization whose agenda is to conquer parts of the United States and claim them for Mexico? Ohhh right, because our press is made up of Democrats who are agenda driven.
edit on 9-7-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Of course they didn't attend a meeting of a racist radical Marxist group. Complaining about that would be like excoriating a democratic candidate for refusing to attend a KKK rally.

That's absurd. La Raza is not a Marxist extremist group in the slightest. The only reason people believe that tripe is because of the propaganda that's been put out in the media.

La Raza is an advocacy organization, kind of like the NRA, that lobbies on issues that the Latino community find important.

The reason the republicans wouldn't go to this event is too many uneducated people on the right believe exactly the sort of things you said.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: NavyDoc

That's absurd. La Raza is not a Marxist extremist group in the slightest. The only reason people believe that tripe is because of the propaganda that's been put out in the media.

La Raza is an advocacy organization, kind of like the NRA, that lobbies on issues that the Latino community find important.

The reason the republicans wouldn't go to this event is too many uneducated people on the right believe exactly the sort of things you said.

Nonsense. They are a leftist organization and racist to boot--their very name is racist. They and the groups they support, such as MEChA, definitely run the Marxist line as well as the reconquista philosophy.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

They are a leftist organization

Why do you say that? Is advocating for Hispanic issues, such as work, housing and such only a Leftist thing?

their very name is racist

Well, that's your interpretation. "La Raza" means a few different things. The organizations name is usually interpreted as the "National Council of The People", not "the race".

They and the groups they support, such as MEChA, definitely run the Marxist line as well as the reconquista philosophy.

How is advocating for housing, education, etc a Marxist line?

Please provide some evidence that this group is advocating for Marxist policies.
edit on 9-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What are you trying to imply? It's no secret that they received more money and they also had a huge increase in lending to individuals for housing.

You're not against people buying homes, are you?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Didn't Trump JUST say he was going to win the Latino vote? Yea...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: xuenchen

What are you trying to imply? It's no secret that they received more money and they also had a huge increase in lending to individuals for housing.

You're not against people buying homes, are you?

Good point.

How many homes have been transacted?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I agree with La Raza

They should open the borders and make Mexico the 51st state and Israel the 52nd state and Canada the 53rd state and why not throw in Puerto Rico as number 54 then all our immigration problems will be solved!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join