It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
But hell, any excuse to act like jackasses against GWB again, amirite?

I'm sure Bush really appreciates heroes like you coming to his defense.

You must be proud.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I have a question here. What if nobody paid $100,000. Would George Bush still do that speech? For free? For this charity and these veterans? Ask yourself this question honestly.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
If GWB and son did all these things for charity then I take my hat off to them, its a side I've never heard about and its nice to hear BUT lets not forget all the other crap they did AND If I were GWBjnr and asked to attend that charity I'd have made it known I refused any fee and donated the exact same amount to the charity, not only is it good PR but its what these men and women deserved considering the numerous reasons that in most cases they should never had been in harms way in the first place.

So yes, as much as I detest the man and his son its good to hear they do do stuff for charity and they didn't spend all their time in power just warmongering and turning on the American people but in no way does it make any of them respectable people.
edit on 10-7-2015 by Mclaneinc because: Typing faster than I think.. / spelling..

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Well except the decider chief made decisions that cost many Soldiers their lives over fabricated intelligence reports.

Some would say the incorrect Intel even if true did not warrant the war and lives lost.

He deserves ridicule for his herrendous time as leader of the Greatest power earth has ever known. He even left the country on the brink of financial collapse.

He is probably the wort world leader in History after Hitler.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stuship
a reply to: Skid Mark

I don't disagree with you in principle, but at least he raised their fundraising effort to 2.5 million up for 1 million the year prior while lowering his speaking fee. Bill Clinton on the other hand charges charities 500k to speak, and often they don't even break even against the expenses.

I'm not a huge Bill Clinton fan but, does he charge speaking fees to charities who's primary purpose is to assist people with injuries and disabilities sustained in a war based on lies, that he ordered them to fight in?

Didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The amount was underwritten by a private donor, meaning the President and First Lady were not paid by the charity at all.

But hell, any excuse to act like jackasses against GWB again, amirite?

While I haven't seen a source for your assertion, let's assume that you're correct and his $100,000 speaking fee was paid by a third party.

Remind me again what it was that stopped Bush from donating those "fees" to the veteran's charity?

What was this insurmountable obstacle preventing him from contributing his "fees" to the charity assisting soldiers who were injured in a war he lied them into?

I think Bush, (the "Compassionate Conservative") may suffer from the same ailment as his VP does.

The lack of anything resembling a real human heart!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
He is probably the wort world leader in History after Hitler.

LOL...I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of Bush and his uber-Republican ideals that he pushed while in office (war, corporate welfare, etc.), but this statement is utterly ridiculous and inflammatory in nature--nothing more.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
While I haven't seen a source for your assertion, let's assume that you're correct and his $100,000 speaking fee was paid by a third party.

Remind me again what it was that stopped Bush from donating those "fees" to the veteran's charity?

What was this insurmountable obstacle preventing him from contributing his "fees" to the charity assisting soldiers who were injured in a war he lied them into?

I think Bush, (the "Compassionate Conservative") may suffer from the same ailment as his VP does.

The lack of anything resembling a real human heart!

The fact that you and others on this thread think that you have a right to dictate what others do with their money is laughable at best.

Both my wife and I are disabled vets (no mental issues or missing limbs, but still "disabled" in the eyes of the govt), and Bush has done more for veterans than this current president has ever considered doing--not to mention, he actually wore the uniform of our country instead of pretending to be a Commander-in-Chief with zero military experience.

I don't defend his presidency much at all, but as far as his work for and with veterans, I have to call out your comments for what they are: Ignorant, ideological hatred.

Talk about having a tainted heart...

What some of you people don't realize is that, even if the charity itself paid him $100,000, the reason they do so is because his presence as a speaker would most likely bring in much more than that amount in donations that they otherwise wouldn't have received. It's all about a return on investment, and even if Bush kept that money, what he returns to veterans makes up for it.

Yes, he put Service Members in harms way (my wife being one of them...I never had to deploy), but that doesn't mean that he lacks a heart if he gets paid to speak to them. The logic behind your reasoning is like Cheney's heart--lacking.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: reldra

Some Republicans.

There are a number of other options.

It should be pointed out however, that I don't think much like my brother or father.

I am the youngest of nine. I am the only one in my family who doesn't have the same political party.

George W. helps out South Africans each year by renovating and building clinics in areas that need it most. He does have some redeeming qualities.
edit on 10-7-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

pig

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well, you're definitely entitled to your own opinion, despite how skewed I believe it to be.

Just the same, I have to say I find odd that you commend Bush for his "military service."

Didn't his dad get him into the Air National Guard in order to avoid the draft and prevent him from having to go to Viet Nam?

Wasn't he permanently suspended from the ANG when he failed to show up for his annual physical examination? (An examination that included drug testing)

Didn't he send countless American troops to fight in a war based on fabricated lies?

Remind me again, how many American soldiers died for those lies?

How many are still living with disabilities they sustained while fighting for those lies?

Didn't he ignore the Geneva conventions when he authorized the use of torture on detainees?

In my book, Bush along with his cohorts, including Cheney, Rummy and Wolfowitz are all guilty of crimes against humanity and should face charges as war criminals.

You're entitled to adorn him with your praise for as long as you want, but it won't change the fact that he is a discredit to the human race.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Bush bashing??? They guy has been out of office for how long now? How about "The Clinton Foundation" charging hundreds of thousands of dollars to non-profit groups to "support" their cause? Let alone the illegal "contributions" by foreign countries that Hillary took via her foundation in order to sell off political and government favors? At least these actions by the Clintons are illegal and Hillary is relevant as she is running for President.

Bush? Bush who?

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well, you're definitely entitled to your own opinion, despite how skewed I believe it to be.

Just the same, I have to say I find odd that you commend Bush for his "military service."

Didn't his dad get him into the Air National Guard in order to avoid the draft and prevent him from having to go to Viet Nam?

Wasn't he permanently suspended from the ANG when he failed to show up for his annual physical examination? (An examination that included drug testing)

Didn't he send countless American troops to fight in a war based on fabricated lies?

Remind me again, how many American soldiers died for those lies?

How many are still living with disabilities they sustained while fighting for those lies?

Didn't he ignore the Geneva conventions when he authorized the use of torture on detainees?

In my book, Bush along with his cohorts, including Cheney, Rummy and Wolfowitz are all guilty of crimes against humanity and should face charges as war criminals.

You're entitled to adorn him with your praise for as long as you want, but it won't change the fact that he is a discredit to the human race.

OK...lets see.

Hillary Clinton charged the Boy's and Girl's club of America $200,000.00 and kept it all and used her position as Secretary of State to allow foreign countries to buy favors from America via her foundation (eg. personal savings account).

Bush didn't "go to war"...both the Republicans and Democrats in congress sanctioned the war based upon the same, incorrect information given to Bush.

Remind me how many American soldiers died since Bush left office? Lets include Americans who died during the Benghazi crime, those killed by illegal alien criminals...ummmm...I mean Democrat voters and just for giggles...lets throw in all those innocent Muslims killed by Obama's drones and missiles as collateral damage. By the way...didn't THAT include an American citizen?

Forget the military or national guard...in what service to America did Obama or Hillary serve? Besides one being a party planner and the other being the sperm receptacle of a former President (one of many by the way), what did either of them do?

I won't argue with you that Bush wasn't a very good President, but compared to Obama, Hillary and Holder...Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld were a treat. While Bush and party may have sucked in retrospect...Obama and party deserve imprisonment or the death penalty for being traitors.
edit on 7/10/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

PS: Make that 11 million dollars total from non-profit groups by Clinton. $200,000 was just one speach.
edit on 7/10/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Do you here that sucking sound? ...it's our wallets being drained by the pariah vampires that are our political leaders former and current.

Problem is charging $100,000 isn't the worst thing any of the Bushes have ever done. But this is what gets media time, so woo-f'ing-hoo!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
in curious how many of those crying in this thread about how the think bush Disrespected vets are actually vets themselves. It was rather annoying when liberals who hated the military started to pretend they liked us at the start of the war and the polls showed that their dislike for the military would hurt them. These alligator tears at the expense of vets grows old.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

OK...lets see.

Hillary Clinton charged the Boy's and Girl's club of America $200,000.00 and kept it all and used her position as Secretary of State to allow foreign countries to buy favors from America via her foundation (eg. personal savings account).

It's not about how much money anyone charges to speak. It's about charging to speak at charitable event designed to raise money for the people he ordered into harms way.. They followed his orders, the least he could do for them is to give a speech for free.

Bush didn't "go to war"...both the Republicans and Democrats in congress sanctioned the war based upon the same, incorrect information given to Bush.

Lies don't just float into existence out of thin air.

Bush and his cohorts are the very ones responsible for manufacturing the "incorrect" information, or what we call "lies" in layman's terms. Then they hand fed those lies to Congress and the world.

That's exactly why Colin Powell resigned! They used him as a tool to lie to the U. N. and when he found out, he quit.

Remind me how many American soldiers died since Bush left office? Lets include Americans who died during the Benghazi crime, those killed by illegal alien criminals...ummmm...I mean Democrat voters and just for giggles...lets throw in all those innocent Muslims killed by Obama's drones and missiles as collateral damage. By the way...didn't THAT include an American citizen?

Look, I don't think you really want to talk about actual numbers. In my previous post, I didn't even mention, (much less include) the number of Iraqi civilians killed and/or injured by collateral damage.

Conservative numbers of Iraqi civilian deaths are around 135,000 with many estimates going as high as 500,000 along with an equal number of wounded or inured.

Obama and/or Hillary can't touch those numbers.

Forget the military or national guard...in what service to America did Obama or Hillary serve? Besides one being a party planner and the other being the sperm receptacle of a former President (one of many by the way), what did either of them do?

Military service is not now, nor has it ever been a requirement for holding the office of POTUS. Hell, in the world of politics, I'm not even sure it should be considered an attribute at all.

Obama and Hillary have both collectively and individually, already done more good for America and the world than the entire Bush family and they're aren't done yet.

Not to mention that neither one of them has any foreign warrants out for their arrest on charges of committing crimes against humanity.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
in curious how many of those crying in this thread about how the think bush Disrespected vets are actually vets themselves. It was rather annoying when liberals who hated the military started to pretend they liked us at the start of the war and the polls showed that their dislike for the military would hurt them. These alligator tears at the expense of vets grows old.

Saying that someone has to be a veteran in order to understand their issues, (much less, to recognize when they've been disrespected) is just plain ignorant.

It's like saying you have to be gay in order to recognize they've been denied equal rights. Are five of our nine SCOTUS judges gay? Is that what just happened?

Just for the record, while I myself am not a veteran, my son is a career serviceman and my family has a service record, (including medals still in our possession) dating back to the American Revolution.

So I guess the moral of this story is; It doesn't a vet to recognize an asshole because everybody has one and they know what one looks like.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
For your information, SkidMark, Bush's appearance at the charity benefit over $2,000,000 was donated. More than the year before and more than the year after. And, he donated the $100,000 he was paid.

This information is easily found IF one chooses to do a bit more research. Of course, you didn't care about finding the truth, you just wanted a reason to make Bush out as a monster once again. Big FAIL!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

He did donate his fee to the charity. Once again, easy to verify if one is interested in the truth and does a bit of research.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hotintexas
For your information, SkidMark, Bush's appearance at the charity benefit over $2,000,000 was donated. More than the year before and more than the year after. And, he donated the $100,000 he was paid.

This information is easily found IF one chooses to do a bit more research. Of course, you didn't care about finding the truth, you just wanted a reason to make Bush out as a monster once again. Big FAIL!

Well if it's so easy to find, how about a source link?

When I googled "Bush donates speaking fees," not only did I not find anything remotely confirming your assertion in this instance, I didn't see anything saying that he ever donated any of his fees.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join