It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There is no honor among thieves. You thought he and his family really care?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: Skid Mark

It is the organisers who hired him that should be slapped in the face in order to wake them up.... big time.

Yeah they should be slapped in the face. They were probably desperate to have a high profile person speak for them. Or, a cynical part of me thinks that there might be a back room deal involved.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks. I saw that and choked on my coffee, it made me laugh so hard.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

I read about that. Don't forget the rumors that George HW Bush was involved somehow in the Kennedy assassination. Supposedly, there's a pic of him in the crowd watching as Kennedy was shot. Supposedly.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I would, too, if I had time and money. Charging them is beyond crude since he's part of the reason they're disabled.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I hear you. It wouldn't have hurt him not to charge, or at least given that money to the charity.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

100 billion would be more appropriate

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Don't forget grandpappy Prescott Bush who helped finance the Nazi Party & was involved in the attempted fascist coup in this country that was brought to light by Smedely Butler an American Marine Corp officer.

That whole family are filthy criminals of the worst kind & this country would do well to blankety blank the entire clan.

K~

It's Marine Corps. Corps with an "s."

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I don't disagree with you in principle, but at least he raised their fundraising effort to 2.5 million up for 1 million the year prior while lowering his speaking fee. Bill Clinton on the other hand charges charities 500k to speak, and often they don't even break even against the expenses.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
A caring rich man would have paid his own way there, spoke and then donated to the cause. In this case, he should have included an apology for the war.

I wish he would go back to Connecticut.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If another Bush gets the nomination and elected...or for that matter, another Clinton, I'm moving off-grid and ignoring the rest of the nation.

Yeah just think our choices could be between a guy whose family can't keep us out of Iraq and a woman who spent the better part of Obama's Presidency collecting political controversies like you would collect baseball cards.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Because Vampires can't see their reflection in the mirror!

Doesn't matter...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The amount was underwritten by a private donor, meaning the President and First Lady were not paid by the charity at all.

But hell, any excuse to act like jackasses against GWB again, amirite?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So the Bush's make money off a war, again.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think many are just mad that he accepted money at ALL for speaking at a veteran's benefit. Like if they insisted on paying him, why didn't he turn around and donate that money to the charity he was speaking at? But hey, I'm just in the thread to poke some fun. I really don't care about this one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I can't believe that I'm writing something to defend Bush but I thought it was tradition for Presidents to always charge for speeches, pretty much the same way they all take the stipend for having served because not doing so can put unreasonable expectations on others who hold the office. It's the same idea as to why you don't want a town mayor who works for $1 a year.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

There's also a precedent with GWB of not running around tooting his own horn over his charitable donations like most politicians do. Of course, there's also this:
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Bush bashers *may* want to take a moment to remove the freaking beam from their cornea before they try to assist GWB with that speck he's got in the corner of his eye.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
In what was probably his most memorable act of charity, 2001 saw him stand up in the House chamber and ask for $15 billion to be donated towards helping Africa and the Caribbean ‘turn the tide of aids’. During his term in office, the cost of antiretrovirals, medication for the treatment of HIV, dropped from $4000 to $125 a course. The number of Africans on the medication went from 50,000 to 2.1 million. Not only did Bush push for action from the USA, he persuaded other first world countries to do the same. It is widely recognised that George W. Bush saved around 10 million lives with his work against AIDs.

As charities cannot survive on good-will alone, the former president and his wife have donated huge sums of money. From 1998 to 2007, they donated over $898000 to various charities and churches. George is a reformed Methodist after converting to his wife’s church after their wedding. They regularly donate to religious charities and churches such as The Salvation Army, the Archdiocese of New Orleans Catholic Charities, the Evergreen Chapel at Camp David, Tarrytown United Methodist Church, and St. John’s Church, amongst others.

Geez GWB is such a horrible person.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I don`t blame bush, I blame the organizers who thought it was a good idea to pay him $100,000.
if they offered me $100,000 to speak at their fund raiser I would be a fool to turn them down.sounds like a typical charity organization they are just in it for how much money they can skim off the top, don`t care about the people they are raising the money for.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

RIP PAT TILLMAN

SOME OF US WILL NEVER FORGET

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join