It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Former President George W. Bush charged $100,000 to speak at a charity fundraiser for U.S. military veterans severely wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and former First Lady Laura Bush collected $50,000 to appear a year earlier, officials of the Texas-based Helping a Hero charity confirmed to ABC News.

This just burns my damn bacon. He and his cronies sent them to Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place and yet here he is charging so much to speak at a CHARITY for those who came back wounded.

One of the wounded vets who served on the charity’s board told ABC News he was outraged that his former commander in chief would charge any fee to speak on behalf of men and women he ordered into harm's way.

“For him to be paid to raise money for veterans that were wounded in combat under his orders, I don’t think that’s right,” said former Marine Eddie Wright, who lost both hands in a rocket attack in Fallujah, Iraq in 2004.

“You sent me to war,” added Wright speaking of the former President. “I was doing what you told me to do, gladly for you and our country and I have no regrets. But it’s kind of a slap in the face.”

It is a slap in the face. How about donating that money? I'm sure the charity could put it to better use, like helping the vets. I'm just so disgusted I don't know what else to say.

LINK
edit on 9-7-2015 by Skid Mark because: forgot link

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

What a guy!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Yeah. No kidding. Guys like him give me so much hope for the human race.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

As an Australian i don't normally comment on anything regarding American politicians but . The man and his wife are lower than dirt . How could he accept that money and still be able to look at his reflection in the mirror .

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hey, they make money off the wars they create, so it's only to expected they'll milk it for all it's worth after leaving office too and continue to make money off the ones they sent to fight those wars.

When will people actually wake up and realize, that the political and corporate / banking elites really don't a crap about the ones whose lives they destroy, on either side.

There is so much talk these days about the leaders of the current bogeyman organization "radicalizing" young people to travel and fight wars. Yet, how is it any different than our own leaders propagandizing and glorifying wars and military service?
Truth is, no matter the side of the fence you live on, and the reasons used - political, religious etc - it still comes down to a set of slick talking older guys talking up war and using mind games to get the younger ones to go fight, die or get maimed for them. Of course, our own brands of radicalization are labeled "patriotism", which is all fine and dandy! Isn't it?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

As an Australian i don't normally comment on anything regarding American politicians but . The man and his wife are lower than dirt . How could he accept that money and still be able to look at his reflection in the mirror .

Thanks for the reply anyway. You're always welcome. As for how he can look at himself in a mirror, I guess that's what you get when you lose your humanity. If people are just pawns it wouldn't matter.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

It is the organisers who hired him that should be slapped in the face in order to wake them up.... big time.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Easy, he does it like this:

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Vampires don't have reflections.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
He's coming for you Skid Mark!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark And Republicans are going to try to elect a THIRD member of his family for president.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Some Republicans.
There are a number of other options.

It should be pointed out however, that I don't think much like my brother or father.
edit on 7/9/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is that you Jeb ,hmmm , thought so .

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

His father. George Herbert Walker Bush to Sarah Malendon.

"Yeah, Sarah, if people find out what we've done, they'll chase us down the street and lynch us.

Like father like son
edit on 0700000038542015-07-09T04:54:38-05:00543807am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Don't forget grandpappy Prescott Bush who helped finance the Nazi Party & was involved in the attempted fascist coup in this country that was brought to light by Smedely Butler an American Marine Corp officer.

That whole family are filthy criminals of the worst kind & this country would do well to blankety blank the entire clan.

K~

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Being as it is a charity for wounded vets , if I had the time I would have forked out the money to attend without second thought.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

it burns me too

I donated $10. to the recent Wounded Warriors donation drive at my local grocery store...
my fixed income is close to $10k as a both retired & disabled person...how does that stack up to the silver-spoon churl on the puppet-masters payroll

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Skid Mark And Republicans are going to try to elect a THIRD member of his family for president.

Going by how events are shaping up, we may be batting a 1000 for Bushes sending troops to Iraq too.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If another Bush gets the nomination and elected...or for that matter, another Clinton, I'm moving off-grid and ignoring the rest of the nation.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

True, propaganda is propaganda. As for people waking up, I wouldn't hold my breath. They don't care. They have plenty to keep them distracted.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join