It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Muslims raise $30,000 to help repair black Christian churches destroyed by fire

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

When Faatimah Knight reached out to her Muslim friends and acquaintances to try and help black churches that had been destroyed by fire, she had no idea how much they could raise

A number of Muslim organisations have responded to her call Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative, the Arab American Association of New York and Ummah Wide - but she said people of other faiths had also donated.

“ALL houses of worship are sanctuaries, a place where all should feel safe, a place we can seek refuge when the world is too much to bear.”

Ms Knight, a Masters student at the Chicago Theological Seminary, said of her acquaintances some people had questioned the campaign and asked why she was raising money for Christian houses of worship, as opposed to a Muslim cause. But most were supportive.

She said Islam taught of the need to protect the weak and vulnerable. She said while the black Christian communities of the South might not be weak, they were vulnerable.

As a Muslim my self It makes me proud every time i see my Umma ( Muslim nation ) helping like this . Behind the scenes this happens allot , but we just don't hear about it over the MSM .

I'll take this time to deconstruct some disinformation about the taxation of Christians in Muslim lands .

Yes ! It's true Christians and Jews and all other religions must pay a tax in Muslim lands, But not always .

Here is why Other religions are taxed . As Muslims we have an OBLIGATION to give Zakat (obligatory payment made annually under Islamic law on certain kinds of property and used for charitable and religious purposes).

This Zakat goes to poor people and social programs, And everyone who lives under this law , be it Christian , Jew , who ever .. Must contribute as well , For them it's in the form of a Tax. But....

Under this taxation law they also get benefits as well , such as health and housing , social , schooling .

Now let's look at What Muhammad had to say to the Christians Living in his lands during a time of war .

NOTE: wiki does a decent job of explanation,still lacks detail though .

The Achtiname of Muhammad, also known as the Covenant or (Holy) Testament (Testamentum) of the Prophet Muhammad, is a document or ahdname which is a charter or writ allegedly ratified by the Islamic Prophet Muhammad granting protection and other privileges to the Christian monks of Saint Catherine's Monastery. It is sealed with an imprint representing Muhammad's hand.[1]

Muhammad the son of ‘Abd Allah, the Messenger of Allah, and careful guardian of the whole world; has written the present instrument to all those who are in his national people, and of his own religion, as a secure and positive promise to be accomplished to the Christian nation, and relations of the Nazarene, whosoever they may be, whether they be the noble or the vulgar, the honorable or otherwise, saying thus.I. Whosoever of my nation shall presume to break my promise and oath, which is contained in this present agreement, destroys the promise of God, acts contrary to the oath, and will be a resister of the faith, (which God forbid) for he becomes worthy of the curse, whether he be the King himself, or a poor man, or whatever person he may be.
That whenever any of the monks in his travels shall happen to settle upon any mountain, hill, village, or other habitable place, on the sea, or in deserts, or in any convent, church, or house of prayer, I shall be in the midst of them, as the preserver and protector of them, their goods and effects, with my soul, aid, and protection, jointly with all my national people; because they are a part of my own people, and an honor to me.
Moreover, I command all officers not to require any poll-tax on them, or any other tribute, because they shall not be forced or compelled to anything of this kind.
None shall presume to change their judges or governors, but they shall remain in their office, without being deported.
No one shall molest them when they are travelling on the road.
Whatever churches they are possessed of, no one is to deprive them of them.
Whosoever shall annul any of one of these my decrees, let him know positively that he annuls the ordinance of God.
Moreover, neither their judges, governors, monks, servants, disciples, or any others depending on them, shall pay any poll-tax, or be molested on that account, because I am their protector, wherever they shall be, either by land or sea, east or west, north or south; because both they and all that belong to them are included in this my promissory oath and patent.
And of those that live quietly and solitary upon the mountains, they shall exact neither poll-tax nor tithes from their incomes, neither shall any Muslim partake of what they have; for they labor only to maintain themselves.
Whenever the crop of the earth shall be plentiful in its due time, the inhabitants shall be obliged out of every bushel to give them a certain measure.
Neither in time of war shall they take them out of their habitations, nor compel them to go to the wars, nor even then shall they require of them any poll-tax.
In these eleven chapters is to be found whatever relates to the monks, as to the remaining seven chapters, they direct what relates to every Christian.
Those Christians who are inhabitants, and with their riches and traffic are able to pay the poll-tax, shall pay no more than twelve drachms.
Excepting this, nothing shall be required of them, according to the express order of God, that says, ‘Do not molest those that have a veneration for the books that are sent from God, but rather in a kind manner' [29:46]. Give of your good things to them, and converse with them, and hinder everyone from molesting them.
If a Christian woman shall happen to marry a Muslim man, the Muslim shall not cross the inclination of his wife, to keep her from her church and prayers, and the practice of her religion.
That no person hinder them from repairing their churches.
Whosoever acts contrary to my grant, or gives credit to anything contrary to it, becomes truly an apostate to God, and to his divine apostle, because this protection I have granted to them according to this promise.
No one shall bear arms against them, but, on the contrary, the Muslims shall wage war for them.
And by this I ordain, that none of my nation shall presume to do or act contrary to this my promise, until the end of the world.

First link
2nd link
We are to protect and honor our fellow Christian's,Jew's, etc.

Only if extremist would get the clue .....

♠Kap♠

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

This is what Mohammed taught in the Koran. Full religious tolerance, but not conversion. This is exactly what Muslims are supposed to be doing. And Christians and Jews, and anyone else that believes in God for that matter.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
No doubt this may be true and accurate,

but some people will want to see more substantial proof.

Proof like the actual money sources that can be verified.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Cool! Nice of them to do that.
edit on 8-7-2015 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

This is what Mohammed taught in the Koran. Full religious tolerance, but not conversion. This is exactly what Muslims are supposed to be doing. And Christians and Jews, and anyone else that believes in God for that matter.

Completely agree with you 100%. If you can offer dawah (In Islamic theology, the purpose of da'wah is to invite people, both Muslims and non-Muslims, to understand the worship of Allah as expressed in the Qur'an and the sunnah of the prophet Muhammad and to inform them about Muhammad.)

Then do so, but it should not be forced upon someone , EVER .

The idea of "convert or die " is just wrong on so many levels, not to mention it goes against Islam's teachings .

The idea of being Muslim is submitting ones will to Allah (god) , how can you force anyone to submit their will to god ?

I just wish these extremist would open their eyes .. to the evils they are committing . Insha Allah ( god willing) some day.
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yes the money sources must be verified!!! After all we can't have ISIS or Iran donating money to help rebuild churches can we?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Yes the money sources must be verified!!! After all we can't have ISIS or Iran donating money to help rebuild churches can we?

It would be a good step in the right direction if they did.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The sections of Islam seem so irrelevant to many westerners. I remember some years back when many of my close friends were eastern European muslims. Loyal as hell, hearts of gold.

Extremist Muslims are like Christians of Westboro. Far and few. While I despise both extremes, I'd much rather have close moderte Muslim friends than Christian moderates. Their values aren't as tainted, at least not in my experience.

Ghost
edit on 9-7-2015 by ghostrager because: Wrong wording

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Yah, we can. Let's hope they donate all their money to fix crumbling US buildings. Better here than on some new machete to chop off the head of some 12 year old who looked at a cross.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Can you not show the picture of the Jesus Crucifix please, it offends me, it is absorbed in violence and hatred and persecution. More people die in the name of religion rather than race, please remove that picture of the church burning, Jesus is burning because of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AbstractDreamz

Yah, we can. Let's hope they donate all their money to fix crumbling US buildings. Better here than on some new machete to chop off the head of some 12 year old who looked at a cross.

You must be referring to the US gov donating money and support to the ones who commit the acts you described .

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I wish I could give you stars, moon and sun for your post. In 4 succinct sentences, you summarized a tenet all belief systems should follow, IMO. Kudos!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Why?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

It's now at $45,000 Launchgood crowdsourcing

If you want proof, I suppose you can ask the crowdsourcing site for any publicly available information. Anyone can donate to a crowdsourcing fund. This site accepts individual donations from both the US and abroad. I doubt a full list of private donors is available. But I still don't know why anyone would want that.
edit on 9-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Something must be remembered is that the rich (very very very rich) support Muslim community's in the west as a way of spreading there religion. It what is known as a standard operating procedure, and any one that points it out is call a "hater of Islam". Also as Americans are been divided it shows that Muslim stats are taking advantage of the mess. The amount donated is big enough to look impressive coming from a "poor oppressed religion" but small enough not to point as to where its coming from.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Something must be remembered is that the rich (very very very rich) support Muslim community's in the west as a way of spreading there religion.

Can you provide some proof for this please? Besides the very very very rich from ME or Muslim countries, I don't see anybody doing this.

If it's 'standard operation procedure' then you should be able to provide some insight as to when and where this has happened.

Nobody believes that Islam is an oppressed religion. There are about 2 billion Muslims in the world most of which practice Islam.

ETA on topic: Love seeing stuff like this. It just goes to show that that not all apples in the orchard are bad, not even half.

~Tenth

edit on 7/9/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Most of the time, one doesn't have to actually disprove something, one merely brings it "into question."

It's an Alinsky technique; some members use them all the time, and smoke-screen by accusing everyone else of doing so.

LOL ... and by that definition we should wonder if I too am using Alinsky's techniques ...

*cue Xuenchen, et. al.*

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I don't understand why this is such a big headline. The comradery is great, I applaud that, don't get me wrong, but there's plenty of independent orgs "raising" money as well. I understand we need organizations to act as fronts and handlers for the donations provided by individuals, but these religious institutions, christian churches included are bursting at the seems in untaxed cash and they expect to be revered for "raising" money, when they could simply write a fat check themselves, give me a break.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Sweet Cthulhu on his throne. A group of human beings does something kind and selfless for other human beings and the cynicism oozes out of the woodwork. How about we just appreciate the kind gesture and absorb that, yes, there are indeed good people in the world?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

More stories like this should be in the media instead of constantly seeing stories about how Muslims hate everyone.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join