It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Uncensored: Republicans Say the Darndest Things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
In this all-new Off the Grid, I comment on some of the craziest things the 2016 Republican presidential contenders have said on issues ranging from same-sex marriage to drones and birth control. Tune in to find out what Jeb Bush says about women on welfare and what Donald Trump thinks about immigrants from Mexico.

You won’t believe the idiocracy! Got any good quotes to add to this list?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
You won’t believe the idiocracy! Got any good quotes to add to this list?

"From what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child."

Rep. Todd Akin

Video to go along:

I can bet the Democratic Party say stupid things too... How about make a video about them as well?

Just so it doesn't look like we are pushing an agenda here, right Jesse?

Because let's face it... both parties are the opposite side of the same coin.
edit on th15WednesdayWednesdaypmWed, 08 Jul 2015 20:57:01 -0500 by Syllar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
An addition to the idiocracy debate:

The Democratic Party's idea of freedom of the press:

I imagine this poor thread will go back and forth for pages.
Sigh.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a reply to: JesseVentura

edit on 8-7-2015 by GUITARPLAYER because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Know your audience.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
WOW!!

I had to sit thru the first 5 seconds of Establishment Media to even START hearing what you had to say...
Then you start with how OBVIOUS Man-Made-Global-Warming is...and say it like we are stupid if we don't agree with your sophomoric explanation ...

You can't be that much of a tool...can you?...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Got any good quotes to add to this list?

Idiotic quotes by politicians and celebs who wish they could get elected? Boy howdy do I ever!

On Drones:
www.thesmokinggun.com...

During an appearance Tuesday on CNBC, the former Minnesota governor claimed that he was living “off the grid” in Mexico “so that the drones can’t find me.” The ex-professional wrestler, who was promoting his new TV series “Off The Grid” from an undisclosed Mexican location, also spoke of his mistrust of the U.S. political system.

While not revealing why he is worthy of surveillance by unmanned aircraft, Ventura would not be hard to find by America’s drone army.

On Illegal Immigration (Same Source as above):

Describing himself as a “job creator,” Ventura told CNBC that he was not only “putting Mexicans to work, I’m stopping them from running across the border now and taking our jobs, because my whole staff said that if I wasn’t down here, and I didn’t have them, they’d be coming up to America, looking for jobs.”

On whether an American soldier is a hero:
www.sodahead.com...< br />

“Do you think the Nazis have heroes?”

There are some very foolish looking jackasses in the GOP, for sure. Unfortunately, it looks to be a systemic problem across all political spectrums, including the supposed "independents."

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
WOW!!

I had to sit thru the first 5 seconds of Establishment Media to even START hearing what you had to say...

Oh, I have an interesting quote from a celebrity/politician/bloviator related to that, too!
eatplayrock.com...

The news today is just entertainment, and that’s unfortunate. I think the downfall of media was the program “60 Minutes.” You see, it used to be that networks wrote off the news as a loss, and they said “We’ll make the profits up in entertainment.” But, then “60 Minutes” went to number one, and the networks realized that they could make a profit from the news, and thus began the downfall, with more opinions and guests than real news.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I suppose.

edit on 9-7-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Wow you're getting it pretty tight nowadays across the board.

This is one of the first videos I've managed to watch some of, I turned it off again about a minute later.

What was the point of this video, really?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This happened years ago , but one of my favorites (hil_freakin_larious)
DNC Chair: Republicans Believe Illegal Immigration 'Should be a Crime'

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D.-Fla.), chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, denounced Republicans last week for believing illegal immigration “should in fact be a crime.”

Sheesh. I want to go to the bank and get an "undocumented loan" . Oh wait , I guess that would be illegal...Dang Repubs

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
This happened years ago , but one of my favorites (hil_freakin_larious)
DNC Chair: Republicans Believe Illegal Immigration 'Should be a Crime'

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D.-Fla.), chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, denounced Republicans last week for believing illegal immigration “should in fact be a crime.”

Sheesh. I want to go to the bank and get an "undocumented loan" . Oh wait , I guess that would be illegal...Dang Repubs

That would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I can bet the Democratic Party say stupid things too... How about make a video about them as well?

Please do.

Want to talk about idiocracy, and all.

Hell the first show should be about 'We all gonna die if we don't let the US government regulate the planet' to save us.

Nothing the right says can top the church of climatology.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

In the church of climatology, 99% of scientists are believers, and the republicans are the non believers. Even the pope converted.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The spammy way these videos are thrown up on here sucks balls.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I can't believe the rudeness of people responding to this thread. ATS should probably get rid of all political forums, or change the name to "right-wing asshat forum" to be more accurate.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I can't believe the rudeness of people responding to this thread. ATS should probably get rid of all political forums, or change the name to "right-wing asshat forum" to be more accurate.

Do not confuse the issues here, please. I'm not seeing rudeness in this thread, I'm seeing a lack of doe-eyed fawning which is opening the door (finally) to actual circumspection of this OP's message, assumptive comments, and even motives. The death of hero worship here has nothing to do with partisanship and, to be blunt, I find any accusation of such coming from a member with an Obama logo as an avatar to be ironic at best.

Productive discourse and communication requires more than a "drive-by" OP that only makes an opening statement and then quickly moves on from the topic, failing to re-enter the conversation they created. It requires a diversity of opinions, often including opinions which are very much in opposition of each other. It requires much more than simple veneration of the OP as some form of mahatma. Communication that yields good fruit often involves having to take a verbal pick ax to the hardest soil, breaking it down into something which can support plant growth rather than leaving it to sit as the unproductive, impenetrable hard scrabble that we leave alone due to laziness and an unwillingness to take the extra steps required to break it up.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I find it very hilarious actually, Jesse, politicians and political figures to me are like clowns and comedians, they are here to entertain those that wants to be entertained, because let face it, they are all trying to stretch as far as they can to cover as many voters that will agree with their "stupid rhetoric" as they can, is always some fool that will agree with their stupid remarks.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I can't watch videos at work so I'm not sure this quote was said (actually I'm pretty sure it was said), but I think this is the most unpatriotic thing ever said by a politician seeking the Presidency: Ted Cruz on the gay marriage ruling, "This was the darkest 24 hours in American history." Only a fascist would call removing laws from the books a dark day in American history. Any TRUE American history celebrates when the government gets smaller. Especially a conservative one.

ETA: changed name of politician.
edit on 10-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: changed name of politican

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That was Ted Cruz, not Scott Walker. Walker's comments were a bit more measured. He said the ruling was a grave mistake and was driven by political agendas rather than actual interpretation of the law. (one of which is just his opinion, the other of which he's probably right about.)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ah you're right. My bad. Thanks for the correction. Sometimes the crazy just runs together and I get the candidates mixed up.

new topics

top topics

join