It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsdays to expect for 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Seems like people have alot of time to waste...i guess im one of them by even bothering to post this, but its all in the fun.

Upcomming doomsday events will occur on the following dates:

2005 -

April 24: Ted Porter claims that the Second Advent will take place April 23 or 24, 2005.

October 4: The end of the world, according to John Zachary in his 1994 book Mysterious Numbers of the Sealed Revelation. The Tribulation was to begin on August 28, 1998. (McIver #3477)

October 15: In an earlier posting, Ted Porter calculated that the Second Advent will happen on this date

October 17: Clay Cantrell puts the dimensions of Noah's Ark through some contorted mathematics to arrive at this day as the date of the Rapture.

October 18: The beginning of Christ's Millennium, according to Tom Stewart in his book 1998: Year of the Apocalypse. The Rapture was to take place on May 31, 1998, and the Parousia on October 13, 2005. (McIver #3226)

November 11: A man named Kjell Wrengsted emailed me, claiming that the 7-year Tribulation started on November 11, 1998, when the Israeli cabinet approved the Wye River Agreement.

2006 -

Unknown: An atomic holocaust started by Syria is to take place between the years 2000 and 2006, according to Michael Drosnin's book The Bible Codes (O'Shea p.178). Here's an excerpt from Drosnin's discredited book: "I checked 'World War' and 'atomic holocaust' against all three ways to write each Hebrew year for the next 120 years. Out of 360 possible matches for each of the two expressions, only two years matched both - 5760 and 5766, in the modern calendar the years 2000 and 2006. Rips later checked the statistics for the matches of 'World War' and 'atomic holocaust' with those two years and agreed that the results were 'exceptional.'"

Unknown: The British cult The Family believes the end will come in 2006.

February 12: According to an unnamed Internet prophet, this will be the date of the height of the Antichrist's power. The Antichrist is none other than Prince William of England!

2007 -

Unknown: The unnamed author of www.geocities.com/secondcoming1 suggests 2007 as the year of the Second Coming and the end of the world. He (she?) marks the Sharm Memorandum signed by Israel and the Palestinians on September 5, 1999.

Unknown: Everett Vasek claims that Jesus might return between 2000 and 2007.

April 29: In his 1990 book The New Millennium, Pat Robertson suggests this date as the day of Earth's destruction. (Abanes p.138)

August 27: Thomas Chase uses an incredible mishmash of Bible prophecy, numerology, Y2K, Bible codes, astrology, Cassini paranoia, Antichrist speculation, news events, New Age mysticism, the shapes of countries, Hale-Bopp nuttiness and more to show that Armageddon will happen around the year 2007, perhaps in August of that year.

September 13: The second Rapture, according to Marilyn J. Agee. An asteroid is also supposed to hit the Earth on this day, she claims. (Oropeza p.89)

And well theres more..but that covers 2005 through to 2007.

Source: A Brief History of the Apocalypse

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well as you can see, there are so many variations to the story, that its almost impossible to tell. Maybe if there were someone with a little more accurate details (i.e Nostradamus has some pretty accurate predictions of the world) over a period of time... not just saying the world will end on this date, or this date, or this date.. think of all those people who are freakin out about it (lol, they goona be freakin out on every single date, hell they may even have a heart attack one of those days, theres their own apocalypse)

I do think its interesting that people would predict these things, but honestly, most of them have no basis, and when theres about 50 different 'due dates' in one single year, It just makes it kinda worthless to even ponder which one is valid.

My thoughts...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
January 20, 2005 : George Bush inaugurated for the second time as President of the United States of America.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Harr, i like that one

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Pisky,
This thread was worth reading if only for that picture you posted. I don't know what it is about black, short hair......

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What ever happens , it will be . One can only go on .

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Pisky,
This thread was worth reading if only for that picture you posted. I don't know what it is about black, short hair......

I'm with you on that one! Of course nothing is better than a woman with short black hair wearing a spiked collar.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Pisky,

I'm with you on that one! Of course nothing is better than a woman with short black hair wearing a spiked collar.

I agree, 100% I wonder if Pisky knows her in real life?

Anyways, to get back on topic, despite how I may have sounded in some other threads, I really don't believe the world is going to end any time soon... ceratinly not the 'world' in the metaphysical sense and probably not the 'world' we live in today. However... if this IS the end of the world I will be proven to have been an idiot who blew off about a trillion warnings on ATS.

BTW, I read somewhere that Nostradamus predicted that the 'world' in the overall human sense would end when aliens invaded the earth in the 37th century or so. Has anyone else heard that?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thank you for providing this calendar of short range Armageddons and Advents.

This is a very useful supplement to the fantastic predictive powers of the Department Of Homeland Security color-coded terror alerts.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
With speculation about a possible June 2005 attack on Iran, have there been any predictions for May for a planned attack to get the U.S. public to accept the new war?

05/05/05 ?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz
...and when theres about 50 different 'due dates' in one single year, It just makes it kinda worthless to even ponder which one is valid.

Well stated. However, these 'end of world' prophecies are kind of fun to read through. Especially the ones that give a specific date. If they are close enough, you can track them for gits 'n shiggles.

I would imagine that most 'Prophets' don't like to give specific dates because when that date comes and goes and the 'end of the world' does not occur, their career as 'prophet' is over. Either that, or they then need to come up with an unbackable, flimsy excuse as to why their prophecy was wrong.

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
well, guess we're in the clear for 2005....any takers on 06' ?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Na, let's leave this thread to discuss the failed predictions of 2005. For new 2006 predictions you can visit 2006 Crystal Ball via ATS Members (Like you didn't see it already
)

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
what, me?

i see nothing, i hear nothing....

top topics

join