It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix Instant Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Couldn't find a thread that basically had people ask about movies on instant and recommend them. So why the hell not start one?

Watched 2 movies yesterday that I highly recommend...without spoiling too much...

Copenhagen - Basically a guy is in Denmark looking for his grandfather in a coming to age type plot-line. He is seemingly lost on many fronts but mainly his interactions with women, until he meets a girl that changed his perspective. Obviously it sounds like a familiar plot, but it has plenty of twists and one really shocking one. I'd easily give it
4* out of 5

You're Next - I held off on this movie forever, I kept wanting to hit play but couldn't bear another Purge or Strangers type movie, both of which aren't terrible, just not my thing. Finally gave it a whirl and wow, was I surprised, it was not what I expected at all. Sure it has the intruders trying to kill everyone aspect, but the way it played out was phenomenal.
5* out of 5

Some other Movies that I highly recommend are

• Brass Teapot
  • My Awkward Sexual Adventure
  • Housebound
  • Horns
  • Tucker and Dale vs Evil
  • Barefoot
  • Black Mirror (Twillight Zone Styled Mini Series)
  • Someone Marry Barry
  • Rapture Palooza (If you smoke weed, smoke before you watch)
  • The Giant Mechanical Man
  • Syria's Second Front (Probably one of the most powerful Docs I've ever seen)
  • Jamesy Boy
  • Summer Blood (Super dry humor)
  • Timer
  • Tom Segura - Completely Normal (Stand up)
  • The Cobbler
  • Love and Honor
  • Turn Around Jake (Christian move but was not preachy at all)

Here's a short list of TV Shows as well I enjoyed

• Weeds
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Breaking Bad
  • Revenge
  • The 100
  • Prison Break
  • Scandal

edit on 8-7-2015 by AbstractDreamz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AbstractDreamz

Horns was great. You should read the book. It's good, too.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I've heard that before and to be honest, before I watched it on Netflix, I had no idea it was either a movie or book.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A few from my list of worth watching from Netflix.

Agora

The Painted Veil

Memoirs of a Geisha

Hidalgo

Seven Years in Tibet

The Railway Man

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
A few from my list of worth watching from Netflix.

Agora

The Painted Veil

Memoirs of a Geisha

Hidalgo

Seven Years in Tibet

The Railway Man

I'll look them up and add to my list. Pretty sure my fiancé loves Memoirs of a Geisha as well. Don't tell her I don't remember.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Some stuff I enjoyed/enjoy:

Room 237
Beneath
Jodorowsky's Dune
Zeigeist
Battle Royal
Jack Reacher
Devil's Pass
Night Watch
Banshee Chapter

TV Shows
Cosmos
Farscape
Dr Who
Inexplicable Universe
Sherlock
Darknet

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

rapture palooza and brass teapot are awesome.
i didnt know teapot was on netflix. im gonna put that one now

awesome

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I loved the first season of prison break. They did an amazing job putting together that series.
But every season after that with the exception of the final, was the same thing over and over.
How many times can these guys find themselves in the same bs?
At least the final season had them out and about messing around in a city.

The series felt stale by the final and in my opinion should have ended when they got to mexico.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: macenroe82
I loved the first season of prison break. They did an amazing job putting together that series.
But every season after that with the exception of the final, was the same thing over and over.
How many times can these guys find themselves in the same bs?
At least the final season had them out and about messing around in a city.

The series felt stale by the final and in my opinion should have ended when they got to mexico.

I do agree with this. I think it did feel played out after awhile. I did enjoy the ending and I can't really say that about a lot of shows I watch. Speaking of endings, one show I can't believe I didn't add is Dexter. Absolutely amazing show. Some seasons are better than others and the final season is kind of muddled and strange, the totality of the show and acting are superb. As long as you can get past his sisters whiny attitude.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Theres is 1 show that i have ever been addicted to. A show that i absolutely could NOT miss a single episode.
And thats The Walking Dead.
I really hope the spin off starting in August - Fear The Walking Dead, is as good as the original.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i got fried on prison break after about a season.
i made it through 2 seasons of walking dead. i was hooked up till that point then one day it registered with me that every episode is the same damn thing.
gave up on it

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: macenroe82

Walking Dead is a good show from what I have watched. Not sure if it's on Netflix instant though.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

4 seasons are on instant.

in a similar note....
grandmas boy was added this month

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

4 seasons are on instant.

in a similar note....
grandmas boy was added this month

Oh, I will have to check it out. Grandmas Boy is amazing, that and Tokyo Drift are 2 movies I can never change the channel on and I really can't explain why.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Me and my daughter were going to watch a movie, but she informed me she had already seen it which had me looking for a movie we both could watch that neither of us had seen. So, on came the movie...

Super Fast - Basically a Fast and Furious parody. While parodies are never rated high because the jokes in them tend to grow old, I thought the movie depicted the brand of the movies pretty well. It wasn't insanely funny, but it had its moment and the actors were halfway decent minus the Paul Walker clone who was just obnoxious with his mannerisms. The guy who plays The Rock doesn't resemble him, but nails his mannerisms perfectly. If you have 90 minutes to waste, I have seen worse and it will keep you entertained. Watch the outtakes after the movie as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Watched The Tall Man yesterday and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I assumed it was another Slenderman type movie, but it was nothing like those movies. Seriously had me guessing the entire movie as to what was going to happen next. Highly recommend it to everyone. It is not a horror, but more of a thriller/drama. Lots of W-T-F moments.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Rapture Palooza (If you smoke weed, smoke before you watch)

Yep, was one of my netflix gems too. "Suffer!!!" So much fun....and known actors too.
Only film I can think of that actually depicts the literal descriptions of the signs too....like the human headed locusts....

in a similar note.... grandmas boy was added this month

Yep, how did I miss this one before? Too funny....
edit on 15-7-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Rapture Palooza (If you smoke weed, smoke before you watch)

Yep, was one of my netflix gems too. "Suffer!!!" So much fun....and known actors too.
Only film I can think of that actually depicts the literal descriptions of the signs too....like the human headed locusts....

in a similar note.... grandmas boy was added this month

Yep, how did I miss this one before? Too funny....

OMG I love "Grandma's Boy" haha! I have it on DVD but was happy that it was added to streaming!

new topics

top topics

join