It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could 'leaked UFO photos taken from US submarine in 1971' prove existence of aliens?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77
If it's just a simple target balloon from 40+ years ago, why would that tech be something people would go out of their way to continue to conceal?

Submarine ops are very secret, even the most mundane stuff can be classified and classified for along time.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77
If it's just a simple target balloon from 40+ years ago, why would that tech be something people would go out of their way to continue to conceal?

The cigar thing looks wrong/shooped anyway but a target balloon would be the most likely explanation.
The Triangle thing looks interesting but as other have pointed out it looks out of place amongst the other pics.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TanhauserGate
These are photos of "Test Targets" blimps launched from either under the water or from a ship to test ordinance. The "red" that is seen in two if the pics is most likely from it being blasted from a canon on a sub or warship.

Oh yeah , long time lurker ,etc. etc.
cheers

That's what I was thinking. They look like rubber blimps.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
ATS, dont ever chnage

With one hand: "The governmet lie ALL the time, you cant believe ANYTHING they ever say. Same goes for Nasa, scientists (my favourite"

With the other: If said Govt/NASA officla/scientist backs up what you are saying or believe in then EVERY WORD THEY SAY IS GOSPEL!

LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: mirageman

Good work OP, but this does not 'prove' the existence of aliens.

As I've said before, the U in UFO stands for 'unidentified' and if If we knew the origin of the craft and it's occupants they would become FO's.

Yeah, it would be great if you could stop saying it.
Seems to always be one person who adds that sort of comment to the discussion, thinking they are being so intelligent and enlightened by making the observation. *rolls eyes*

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
ATS, dont ever chnage

With one hand: "The governmet lie ALL the time, you cant believe ANYTHING they ever say. Same goes for Nasa, scientists (my favourite"

With the other: If said Govt/NASA officla/scientist backs up what you are saying or believe in then EVERY WORD THEY SAY IS GOSPEL!

LOL

Talking hands said these things?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The pictures are really cool.......................... But how did the person filming get so much excellent footage through a periscope? I don't get it

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

parascopes have been used for half a century to take high quality photos from submarines. they got all sorts of light sensors on parascopes so they can see what they need to light or day, they even do video. I think (don't quote me on this last part) we even used cameras on sub parascopes to take pictures of Russian submarines while they are underwater by sneaking underneath them while they were underway. something called keel hulling.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
looks like a craft from the Computer Game Elite The Old and New !

interesting !

Was this flying around ?? in 1971 it look close and similar

i.kinja-img.com...
edit on 52015FridayfAmerica/Chicago7190 by wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Looks like a sighting of the highly secretive General Dynamics FS-1.

The image you posted intrigued me, so I did a bit of searching and discovered that it actually could be an altered cover from the April 1960 issue. Someone changed the date to read 1964, added the words "Navy's Amazing Flying Sub" and inserted the picture of the "flying submarine". I only mention this because I believe that some manipulated images possibly have the power to create or plant "false" impressions or memories in someone who is unaware that what they are viewing is not completely "genuine".

April 1964 National Geographic

April 1960 National Geographic
edit on 7102015 by seattlerat because: my spilling sugs

edit on 7102015 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'll say this: Interesting.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I never realised the US military periscope watchers were that accurate at catching something on film flying through the air at presumably ectremely fast speeds. I like the photos, for sure they depict what many have seen as typical triangle types and cigar types.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

a parascope is just a bunch of cameras on a mast. they can use the periscope to watch missile tests if they want to.

but I think the photos in this thread are of objects not going extremely fast

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Right so the thingy they watch through is a periscope and the parascope is something that has cameras attached to? Ok now I'm understanding the footage. Why domyou think the UFO/USO is not goig fast? Genuine interested question?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

originally posted by: Bedlam
Looks like a sighting of the highly secretive General Dynamics FS-1.

The image you posted intrigued me, so I did a bit of searching and discovered that it actually could be an altered cover from the April 1960 issue. Someone changed the date to read 1964, added the words "Navy's Amazing Flying Sub" and inserted the picture of the "flying submarine". I only mention this because I believe that some manipulated images possibly have the power to create or plant "false" impressions or memories in someone who is unaware that what they are viewing is not completely "genuine".

April 1964 National Geographic

April 1960 National Geographic

It is altered, Here's why.
www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is what I came up with.

Looks like they possibly used the inflatable for torpedo target practice? Viewpoint from a ship watching a submarine practice drill?

The triangle shaped image could possibly be an anchor being tossed out to hold it down?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Excellent Post!!

I translated that into, "mon Francais est tres mal", "My French is very bad"...
From an online translator so not sure how correct it actually is... Syx ...

I think you missed my point slightly.

I was referring to the high-res scans of these photos taken direct from "Top Secret" magazine. Which is a French publication and not related to this site . In my comments earlier in the thread.. You have to click on the pics to see the full image scans from the magazine. These scans also contain a description in French as well. Which because "mon Francais est tres mal - My French is very bad" I would struggle to create a good translation for you.

Comprenez-vous?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Sorry I don't know anything more about this story and can't really offer an opinion other than to put the story out there.

If you don't know about this case, what about those of us who have stopped reading UFO cases and definitely don't do it every day? Definitely new to me. It is, very interesting, something new and while I've seen or read about all the most famous and less famous UFO cases featured or mentioned in so many sources or even tv series, I've never seen this case or the pictures in it.

However, I'd go with the majority of people here even though I am not a skeptic (and yet I think if aliens really did something here, it was probably ancient or prehistoric times, nothing contemporary). With that said, I would go for any secret project aircraft, the cigars could be some blimps or training objects, like any other case of the 20th century, nothing alien to see here.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CollisioN

I'd go with the majority of people here even though I am not a skeptic (and yet I think if aliens really did something here, it was probably ancient or prehistoric times, nothing contemporary). With that said, I would go for any secret project aircraft, the cigars could be some blimps or training objects, like any other case of the 20th century, nothing alien to see here.

Yes, just to clarify once again for those that haven't read the whole thread, that the headline used came from the article used in the OP from the Daily Express.

For further details simply go back to my post here in the thread.

I don't think anyone is seeing anything alien at the moment.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
kite balloon, used for observation, the small object nearby is the basket for ballast and observer

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join