It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

army announces massive layoffs while Michelle Obama spends $600k on a "modest" dining room

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Gee, unnecessary troops are FINALLY GETTING CUT & saving us a huge amount of money, and the Big Honkin' Deal is . . . a room remodeled out of it's own home's trust fund.

'Muricans. The deaf, dumb & blind gifts that just keep on giving.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
why pay a premium when a corporation can outsource an army from over seas

edit on 8-7-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Michelle couldn't remove all the blood stains, so she had to rip up the carpet, paint the walls and hang a few more pictures over the bullet holes.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yea...and some of those benefits are literally double the paycheck for privates.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I dont know where the hell you get your numbers from, but NO SOLDIER makes $99,000 A YEAR!
I looked at the 2015 DFAS Military pay charts, and if you take an E-4 with 18 years in will make $29,000 A YEAR!!!
Okay, lets take it one step further, an E-9 with over 18 years in makes 65,000 a year.

So yeah, nice try.
Most soldiers with families are STRUGGLING to make ends meet.

ETA: Yeah, cut all those soldiers and guess what? MORE people looking for work in a job market thats not the best to begin with, so what will my brothers and sisters in uniform do? Apply for government benefits to make ends meet.
edit on 7/8/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

homer i thought that was a load of horsesh@@ myself and was going to post this, but you beat me to it.
this is the Defense Finance and Accounting Service Providing payment services of the U.S. Department of Defense web site.
below is the 2015 pay scale chart.

Warning for those that don't like opening PDF's this opens one.
Defense Finance and Accounting Service Providing payment services of the U.S. Department of Defense

here is the web site, click on 2015 Military Pay Chart Table under the find it fast links about half way down.
Defense Finance and Accounting Service

edit on 8-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: i thought i should mention that those numbers are monthly pay.
edit on 8-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The average soldier in the US in 2010 was earning $99,000 per year

Where did you pull those fantasy numbers from???

That only works out if the average soldier is a Colonel. WTH.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Even if average pay is 20K, whats your point? thats like what?

600K/20K=30 soldiers? Its a drop in the bucket, and like others have said, seperate budgets...

Why all the outrage?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

Why all the outrage?

more people out of work, less defenders of our nation

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Why all the outrage?

Whats does the 600K remodel have to do with that though?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Don't worry, these things have patterns. Back when Clinton was pres I was given a bonus to get out then a year later they gave me a bonus to come back.

It happens in cycles. It was nice taking a paid break. lol

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan

Why all the outrage?

Whats does the 600K remodel have to do with that though?

In particular since that 600K came from a trust and was not tax dollars.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Why can't the thread just be about the soldiers getting laid instead of the idiocy I've been reading so far?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Because Obama is not well liked, the economy has been shaky, liberty is retreating, and the proletariat is restless.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Ah, a classic "someone spent money while cuts are happening! DICTATORSHIP!" thread. Been a while since I've seen one. Let me take it all in. Breathe it in..... Ahhhh... Smells like Bullcrap.

Yeah well they should be made.

Because of what happens anytime there are lay offs like that.

First them army folks ain't got no more job. So a great many will end up STILL on the government dime called welfare programs.

Then the weapon manufactures will be laying off too because less product is being made those people STILL end up on the welfare dime.

Then the people that produce the raw material to make those systems get laid off to and guess where they end up?

ALL STILL ON THE GOVERNMENT DIME.

So just exactly what do defense lay offs accomplish?

Nothing.
edit on 8-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I am more worried about the people who will be out of jobs than having "less defenders of our nation." I mean, we have Texas right?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Ah, a classic "someone spent money while cuts are happening! DICTATORSHIP!" thread. Been a while since I've seen one. Let me take it all in. Breathe it in..... Ahhhh... Smells like Bullcrap.

Oh, and I see you made "King and Queen" references too! How clever.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty reasons not to like the Obamas. TPP, Keystone Pipeline, I could list dozens of things.

Remodeling the state dining room isn't high on that list. Pick a real issue next time, please.

I agree, call it what you want but developed countries make it a point to ensure they make impressions while hosting. The world is what is is and people are impressionable. 20 years with no major renovations is actually impressive with the way our government hemorrhages money. In fact I remember Trump offering to pay for this some time ago so we could have a good reception area. And I'll be that guy, that is modest to the way we spend money on war and selling out our country, as an easily enraged person I'm even keel right now.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The military doesn't declare war or decide where its sent. Politicians decide where and how the military is used.

Who eats in the WH dining room? Politicians.

We're the United freaking States of America, the most powerful nation on Earth. Shouldn't our WH dining room reflect our power when we have foreign dignitaries from overseas? Some of the guests entertained in that dining room may or may not be persuaded to not engage us militarily.

The military is at the beck and call of the people that sit and eat in that dining room. The dining room arguably has more power than the military does. Decisions, friendships, good will and deals are struck over that dinner table -- decisions that the military has no part of.

I, for one, want us to project power and status when we have ambassadors, leaders, and foreign politicians visiting.

Maybe we should gut the WH, and invite our allies over for some take out around the coffee table. I think bean bag chairs are only $30 at Walmart. Maybe that would make the conservatives happy?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Why all the outrage?

So when are they actually going to start defending our nation? Worried about defending our nation? Then why don't we bring our people home from these BS wars that we are fighting in nations that never attacked America.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So when are they actually going to start defending our nation?

How about when politicians start defending this nation.

The military has never started a war EVER.

Their job, and you know this is to go fight for those politicians eating 'fine food', and 'priceless' dinner ware,and silver ware, while they fire them.

I respect the military more than any snipping politician.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join