It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Carry supporter engages in 20 minute long debate with anti-gunner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Never mind the source. I saw it on Facebook and all I really care about is the video, not the article.

Summary: guy is protesting a zoo's weapons ban by open carrying on the sidewalk outside the zoo. Guy walks out of the zoo and starts filming an interaction between the two of them.

Both dudes tick off the standard talking points of both sides of the debate.

What I found to be particularly entertaining is the anti-gunner is the one who seems to sound like those who make fun of pro-gunners, as far as accent and diction is concerned, and gets all fired up.

To borrow a phrase from Family Guy: it's a....criss-cross!

Enjoy: controversialtimes.com...

Oh and language warning. It starts about 4 seconds in and goes downhill.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've got only one question:

Summary: guy is protesting a zoo's weapons ban by open carrying on the sidewalk outside the zoo.

Why?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Probably watched a marathon of "when animals attack" and got worried?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That was hard to watch, I didn't make it all the way through.

This video does illustrate this countries biggest problem right now.

Why do people have to go around arguing with every little thing that they find "offensive", what happened to just brushing something off and moving on.
edit on 8-7-2015 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i'm pro-Second Amendment. But to me the biggest issue is . Once you start giving ground on a constitutional right it becomes a very slippery slope and usually continues down that slippery slope until that right is all but gone .

If you like any of the rights on the Bill of Rights you should remain steadfast on the entire document or the document might disappear in the future .

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
That was hard to watch, didn't make it all the way through.

This video does illustrate this countries biggest problem right now.

Why do people have to go around and arguing with every little thing that they find "offensive", what happened to just brushing something off and moving on.

Exactly. The guy isn't breaking the law. If the filmmaker wants to call people names and refer to everyone as a pussy for carrying a weapon he went about it COMPLETELY the WRONG WAY.

Let me add that this guy has more restraint than I do. I would've went and dropped my weapons in my car, came back and throttled the filmmaker for antagonizing me, calling me a pussy and trying to act all tough in my face.
edit on 8-7-2015 by AbstractDreamz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The best thing about having a right: you don't have to have a reason.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The best thing about having a right: you don't have to have a reason.

I don't recall who said it but it's accurate, "Just because one CAN do something it doesn't mean that one SHOULD do that thing." IMO he was just being a PITA and calling attention to himself.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

yeah, no argument there.

but being provocative is part and parcel with protest.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Summary: guy is protesting a zoo's weapons ban by open carrying on the sidewalk outside the zoo.

Why?

What is the wisdom of banning guns (and promoting this fact as a gun free zone) when a bad guy who wants to do people harm wont care if its a gun free zone or not? The fact its promoted as a gun free zone is likely to entice the bad guy. It seems the only people you're keeping out of your establishment are good people who might otherwise be able to protect the misguided people who think they're serving the greater good.
edit on 8-7-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Why?

What is the wisdom of banning guns (and promoting this fact as a gun free zone) when a bad guy who wants to do people harm wont care if its a gun free zone or not? In fact, the fact its promoted as a gun free zone is likely to entice the bad guy. It seems the only people you're keeping out of your establishment are good people who might otherwise be able to protect the misguided people who think they're serving the greater good.

Spare the propaganda. The policy won't change no matter what type of fear is being spread. This guy's action will accomplish nothing.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why would anyone walk around with a pistol visible? Its tactically moronic.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

It's their right to be tactically moronic.

That being said, they may as well wear a shirt with bullseyes front and back.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sorry. Couldn't watch it all. That guy was an idiot. I'm talking about the guy who walked up and started the trouble.
If they want to be defenseless let them. They shouldn't go crying for help to the guys who carry then. At any rate, people get so overwrought about this without realizing that humans are the problem and not the tools they use to commit violent acts.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Why?

What is the wisdom of banning guns (and promoting this fact as a gun free zone) when a bad guy who wants to do people harm wont care if its a gun free zone or not? In fact, the fact its promoted as a gun free zone is likely to entice the bad guy. It seems the only people you're keeping out of your establishment are good people who might otherwise be able to protect the misguided people who think they're serving the greater good.

Spare the propaganda. The policy won't change no matter what type of fear is being spread. This guy's action will accomplish nothing.

Translation: I got nothing.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

It's their right to be tactically moronic.

That being said, they may as well wear a shirt with bullseyes front and back.

What evidence do you have of this? Shooters go after the unarmed and gun free zones. Not people that can shoot back.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Why?

Seriously... It's idiots like that that make pro-2nd people look bad. I didn't watch the video because that description alone is enough to make me hate the man.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The video was removed, but I get the point. Dude with the gun was protesting. (trying to being attention to his plight)
It's like carrying a sign, but if you are too lazy to make a sign, you can just put your holster outside your pants.

I think using a weapon to protest is a bit silly, but it's constitutionally allowed.

The funny thing (not actually funny) is, that if some horrific even happened and a lunatic with a weapon was running around firing at people, the guy with the gun might be the hero everyone in the crown would cheer for if he was to stop the shooter before killing someone. And the guy with the camera would be cheering as well.

It's usually ticked away where nobody would even suspect it being there. But....I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and wish I had it.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Just as easily, an event like that could occur, the man takes his gun out with every intention of helping and due to not knowing how to react in high stress and dangerous situations, could inadvertently make the situation worse. Not everyone is John McClane you know?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Why?

Translation: I got nothing.

You're right. You "got" nothing.

top topics

join