It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA spied on German Chancellors for 10 yrs, tapped 125 govt phone numbers - WikiLeaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

America’s National Security Agency has spied on German chancellors and their offices for more than 10 years, a new WikiLeaks report says. The three leaked NSA intercepts indicate that the US targeted 125 phone numbers of top German officials.

The National Security Agency’s (NSA) intercepts published on Wednesday show that Washington has been tapping the phones of the political offices of the last three German chancellors – Angela Merkel, Gerhard Schröder (in office 1998–2002) and Helmut Kohl (chancellor from 1982 to 1998), the whistleblowing site said in a report Wednesday.

The report claimed that the US has been engaged in the long-term surveillance of 125 confidential numbers for top German officials and “did so for political and economic reasons.”

Washington has been tapping not only the numbers for Chancellor Merkel, but also for her top officials, her aides, her chief of staff, her political office and even her fax machine, WikiLeaks said.

"There is now proof enough of NSA surveillance on German soil. It is time to reopen the investigation and for the NSA to stop engaging in its illegal activities against Germany," WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said wrote a statement.

Link
Out of control , first France ,now Germany ...

NSA has their tentacles everywhere.

In due time ,"NSA spying on Russia, cable" - will drop then what WWIII ?

standing by to see Obama's excuse on this one .

♦Kap♦

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

These are violations of international law. Why have we not arrested and persecuted those responsible?

If I was Germany I would be demanding international justice, since it appears the American populace is so brainwashed by Nationalism that they may never do the right thing.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

These are violations of international law. Why have we not arrested and persecuted those responsible?

If I was Germany I would be demanding international justice, since it appears the American populace is so brainwashed by Nationalism that they may never do the right thing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Sorry, not laughing at you just the statement....Don't you know by now the all mighty US of A can do whatever they want to whoever they want....But don't you dare do it back!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

It certainly does appear that way.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

WW3?

This must be a joke.

To begin we are fighting WW3 against "ISIS".

Second the U.S. could destroy Germany and most of Europe in a few days.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

WW3?

This must be a joke.

oh yeah , Show me evidence for which you claim .

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

WW3?

This must be a joke.

Really......You have no idea what you are talking about. Did you read what the OP posted?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Okay.

Evidence about what?

Evidence that the United States could destroy Europe?

or

Evidence that we are in a war against ISIS?

I can provide proof.....

edit on 8-7-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Sure I read that the U.S. spies on other nations.

So what. You don't think those nations spy on the U.S. ?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Okay.

Evidence about what?

Evidence that the United States could destroy Europe?

or

Evidence that we are in a war against ISIS?

I can provide proof.....

please provide evidence for both
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Do you really think the US will ever bother to "destroy" Europe??

have some common sense.

yes it is really annoying that the US government agencies get away with so much in the international community, they break their own laws and international laws, and go ape sh!t whenever another country does it. double standards I guess, yes other countries are the same but not to the same extent.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: Isurrender73

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Sorry, not laughing at you just the statement....Don't you know by now the all mighty US of A can do whatever they want to whoever they want....But don't you dare do it back!

I'm afraid I had a titter at the first statement

Though most people would agree with the overall sentiment, and look how far back the item goes...well, we knew that anyway. Germany has hosted the US troops for a long time now, and it's not a bad place to be, but I guess there won't be much in the way of repercussions, the Germans are too clever for that, and I'm pretty sure they have their ears to the ground as well. What is strange though, is why the US under Bush ignored the German, (as well as others) warnings about what was to become 9/11 when they had all the spying network under way then...does that make any sense?

new topics

top topics

join