It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats Can Be Hats, TOO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Cats Can Be Hats, TOO!

The kids were so mean. All they did was point and laugh and stare. How could they be so be ugly to me. They would not play with me, they would not sit with me, they just made fun of me.

It wasn't my fault. How could they not understand? God created me and the way I am was not in my control. I was different. I had a condition. A disease that was taking my hair. It wasn't fair. Why didn't they care?

My parents were not sure what to do. They themselves had trouble adjusting. What had they done wrong? Why were they being punished? Why did God see fit to allow this to their own child? Their other kids were just perfect.

I sat and cried. Wondering why? How could my God be so cruel to me? Why was I singled out and being punished? What did I do that was so horrible? Nothing.

I was never mean to anyone. I was always polite. I was always happy. I always had a smile. I was always friendly. Until I wasn't. Why did God hate me so much? I became withdrawn and lonely. I stopped smiling.

Nothing mattered to me anymore. Life was just a cruel joke playing a trick on me. The only happiness I had at all was my sweet, little kitty cat, Boo Boo. She gave me comfort where others could not.

She never judged me. She only purred and laid beside me every day. She slept in my bed. She pawed my head. She loved me with no conditions. She never ran away from me. She was my bestest friend in the whole world. My only friend.

One day while we were in my room and I was crying my tears of sorrow, she came to me and pawed my tears. She got on top of the bookcase where I had all my favorite stories and motioned me to her. Magically she beckoned me. Come here she said, dry those tears and cry no more.

We will give them all something to be jealous of. God sent me to you and told me to tell you that you are loved and you are not being punished.

You are an example for all in humility. You were given this gift to share with others and I am here to help you. Look at all these hats you have. They can not do you justice. They only cover your beauty and the real you hiding beneath.

Let me show you what a real cat can do, she jumped on my head and the miracle was fed with a feline expression of hope and love, "cats can be hats, too!", she said. This hat will accent your beauty and make all those around you feel joy and hope.

There was truth to this moment. I felt inspired. I took my Boo Boo and off we went. On my head she stayed and when all those kids saw me they were not laughing anymore. They were pointing at me though. They were amazed that I had this beautiful cat for a hat.

I was no longer the source of their ridicule, but an example how to overcome and find the love I deserved. Boo Boo was the inspiration I needed. She gave me the confidence I needed. She gave me back my smile.

Now, this didn't mean Boo Boo would have to be my hat, but she was there when I needed her and she showed me my true beauty. Instead, when I wear her on my head it is because I want to, not because I need to.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Awww, sweet! Sometimes we are met with challenges that we don't want to face yet are forced to bear. Sometimes a little pet can be magical and transform our misery to hope and inspiration.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This was not the only time she saved me, either! That is another story another day. Thanks Night!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I shall wait for that other day to hear the story.

new topics

top topics

join