It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PewDiePie Made 7.4 Million last year

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Yeah well conspiracy theorists gonna theorize.

I theorize you have Walt's frozen coconut in your freezer.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Answer
Yeah well conspiracy theorists gonna theorize.

I theorize you have Walt's frozen coconut in your freezer.

I wish. You think PewDiePie made money? I'd charge admission to see his frozen noggin and be rolling in the dough.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I'd rather obtain Bill O'Reilly's head and charge admission to see that. Plus it's a win-win. No more Bill O'Reilly!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: eXia7

Oh just because I enjoy him I must be part of the lowest common denominator? Why? Oh and iam 41 and still enjoy him.
Maybe remove the stick from your ass and understand we all have different entertainment tastes.

Sorry man, i just think there are far better youtubers with better content. They are entertaining without having to act like a fool 24/7.

His style is try hard, and I don't find it appealing. Sorry if you let that offend you but just callin it how I see it.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
wow, 7 mil for being a complete moron...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Proves you can be lazy and rich!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

My kids are gamers. they are on PC constantly . They love Pewdiepie . They would love to game and make money from it. I told them they can do it if they put their minds to it. That they need to be outgoing, witty and funny if they expect to even hold a candle to this guy.

I say hey if my son or anyone else can stay at home and make millions doing it. then the more power to them. I work at home running a search engine optimization business but I do not even make 1% of what this guy makes.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ya I seen some of his vids, not all the way through though. South Park even did a whole show on the phenomena with Cartman getting in on the deal and having his own channel him as quest on the show. But ya about a quarter of the way through him playing videogames is all I could stand, I suppose its funny in a good show old chap kind of way. OK OK most of these YouTube sensations or even TV shows for me are at most mildly amusing.

But ya! Funny world we live in, its a spectator existence, if it were not so then people like him or actors or pretty much other professions and even institutions in this world would not be making any money. The more you look at this world the more hilarious everything is, this stuff being the least of it, up is down, left is right, bad is good, and everything in between, its one hell of a joke.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone
And more power to them it shall be as you all wish. Who knows maybe with the money he or kim made of there vids they will run for governor or even president one day.

And on Kim Kardashian.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ah nobody is ripping off anybody, except the people who watch all that crap, I mean its basically insert comment here say pewwdie pie and so on and on. Its probably one of the easiest jobs in the world, you could do it on your spare time. So ya, if anything this says more about people then people say about people. Spectator existence, people living through make believe on there screens. So who are the drones and mindless slaves there?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Oh ya cant compare to that guy or FOX political nonesnese. I watched about 15 minutes of his show some 7 or so years ago. The only thing that I got out of it that the whole thing is retarded. But hey, it makes money, fox knows this, and politics has always sold well to the masses.

There still bickering about # from years ago, its like a broken clock. So who know one day maybe all these youtube stars or there agents and makers will have there own political party and Bill O'Reilly's can host there shows. Stranger things have happened in social media and society. And hey when the kids who watch pewdee pie grow up they will even have a big target audience for it. The tried and true method eh.

But again that says nothing about these shows, because there really is nothing to them, litterally. But it says much about people in general.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

We're all looking to be entertained until we die. Those entertainments don't have to make you think. Sometimes the part of the point is to just turn your head off and let things happen. It's ridiculous to outsiders, but everyone has their vices. I CERTAINLY can't stand Fox News, but it is the highest rated news show on television, so someone likes it and finds enjoyment out of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Hang on, I'm confused.

First you attack the notion that he made that much money through doing "nothing", then you claim this is slavery?!

Which is it?

You're coming across as nothing more than a jealous whiner, to be honest.

He makes videos and entertains people, why is that any worse than anything anyone else creates? Why is he deserving of condemnation simply because he's successful at what he does?
Do you have the same view of all creators on the planet? How about musicians, actors, artists? Are they all to be condemned because they had that audacity to earn money?

Don't even get me started on Google and the other corporations. But this guy creates content, viewed by millions of people around the world, and he is paid for it.

Why is that such a massively offensive notion to you?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: eXia7

Oh just because I enjoy him I must be part of the lowest common denominator? Why? Oh and iam 41 and still enjoy him.
Maybe remove the stick from your ass and understand we all have different entertainment tastes.

Sorry man, i just think there are far better youtubers with better content. They are entertaining without having to act like a fool 24/7.

His style is try hard, and I don't find it appealing. Sorry if you let that offend you but just callin it how I see it.

And each to their own.
Personally I have only sat through one of his videos, and that was only because it was funny and had nothing to do with the gaming.

I prefer to watch GFvsBF, Grace Helbig, Mamrie Hart, Hannah Hart and the occasional random they collab with.

There's something for everyone out there, but threads like this try to make out that everyone must watch the same thing and that therefore it's a condemnation of society as a whole. The reality is that there are more than 7 billion people on this planet, and only 37 million follow this one YouTuber, and even fewer actually watch his videos regularly.

That's hardly indicative of a society collapsing around us because they have the audacity to enjoy something the poster here doesn't like.
edit on 13-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Personally I don't begrudge anyone who can find a way to get ahead in this country, as long as they do it legally. I don't know anything about this guy, but if he's found a way to make a few million dollars sitting on his butt playing video games, my only complaint is that *I* didn't do it instead of him.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

He is no moron.
All I see is jealously tbh.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You're coming across as nothing more than a jealous whiner, to be honest

now # off

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Well ya, I suppose its entertainment. Though not for me, its kind of pointless watching people play videogames hours on end and comment on stuff, really the only time I even bother looking at this or the whole lets play movement is when a new game comes out, and I am sort of interested in it, but not really, basically just there to see what its about because these guys and galls usually have all the new stuff on there channels or youtube accounts. Other then that. Well its really boring stuff.

But hey, like somebody said. There's no business like show business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join