It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PewDiePie Made 7.4 Million last year

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow, so immature stupidity from a grown man is worth $7.4 million

Where do I sign up?

Pewdiepie caters to the lowest common denominator, and it seems there are a lot of those people around these days.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Pewdiepie caters to the lowest common denominator, and it seems there are a lot of those people around these days.

The fact that there is a lot of them kind of is the definition of 'least common denominator'.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Having, as I do, a twelve year old son, I know Pew Dee Pie's videos well. From a middle aged woman's point of view I consider him to be a knob, my son thinks he's funny and entertaining though.

The whole "gamer You Tube" thing has blown up over the past six months or so, and there is some really serious money being made, and with that, the most popular are attracting top advertisers to their channels...and with some of them, I like Jon Tron, Tobuscus and Game Theory, who've been doing it for a few years and built up a huge following and they deserve their success for the amount of effort they've put in, some, and Pew perhaps falls closer to this mark, play games and have severe potty mouth and that seems to be about it (I think you can picture the life of my poor son as he gets to have me, hands on hip, rant this to him in person, usually daily). Nerd cube, who I am ambivalent about, this year, has been getting exclusive first looks at new games, premium advertising...the kid (young man) is raking it in, but, it is because advertisers are being able to direct target consumers in a whole new way and ride on the back of Nerd's popularity.

I need to get out more

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Wow, so immature stupidity from a grown man is worth $7.4 million

Well yeah... Bill O'Reilly's net worth is $85 million.

Where do I sign up?

Youtube apparently.

Fox news was doing it first.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Oh just because I enjoy him I must be part of the lowest common denominator? Why? Oh and iam 41 and still enjoy him.
Maybe remove the stick from your ass and understand we all have different entertainment tastes.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Have you tried any Jon Tron...

I'm a big fan, I don't get many chances to spread the joy

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Oph something to watch later cheers.
Oh and checkout bravest warriors on you tube.
Not gaming but it is childish adult entertainment.
Oh and you will meet catbug (so cute) and will understand the ways of wankershim.
I did a thread on it if youu do a search.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Slavery is alive and well in this age

I don't think slaves even got any pay at all! WTF?!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
well that just makes me
PewDieSick.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My kids watch that guy all the time on YouTube. He really is annoying but I guess he has an audience and they love him.

Gotta hand it to him.. making some good money for what he does. There are lots like him on YouTube, like Michelle Phan. Started off making makeup videos and now she has contracts with L'Oreal and her own makeup line.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I personally don't see any issue with the way Felix is earning money, I have been a fan of him since the start and he has ALWAYS said that he does this for fun and to entertain.

The fact the he earns so much from it is simply because Youtube/Google now allow you to monetize your videos and place ad content, its his viewers that are getting him paid because they click things. Therefore you cannot blame him for any of this he is doing what he has always done.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

edit on 0920150720151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

No I can just appreciate good looking chaps as well as lasses.
But only women give me the horn

He is just funny.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Indigent

Good for him.
He is a funny chap just my sort of humour.
Good looking chap also he will continue to do well.
Can't moan at a guy doing well because it would be sour grapes.

Agreed. I'm happy for the guy. I wish I could do the same, we all do. Some people got it, some don't, Lol. It's no different than Hollywood, really. But Hollywood is ran by a ring of pedophiles, this has been documented via various stars, many "child" stars which were subjected to severe corruption at very young ages.

I'd rather see someone get rich without the sick fools who oversee Hollywood. This guy made it WAY bigger than those victims, IMO.

edit on 9-7-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I am not a huge fan of PewDiePie, but it isn't anywhere near as easy as you think it is.

There are plenty of reasons to not want to live on this planet anymore, this isn't one of them.

Maybe if he had made $700 million you might have a point, but the fact of the matter is that you and 99.99% of the worlds population couldn't do what he does. Which is why he has so many subscribers and makes so much $$.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

They're called "children."

Disney and all the various cartoon producers have been doing it for years but people don't hate on them for it. Could it possibly be that adults have fond memories of many of those cartoons from when they were kids?

PewDiePie is popular with kids. Southpark already did an episode about how kids love the guy and adults just don't get it.

I've never watched a video from the guy but I watch some video game compilations on YouTube and laugh my butt off because I used to be a gamer and I get why it's funny. Just because I'm 32 years old, doesn't mean I can't enjoy a little mindless humor once in awhile.
edit on 7/9/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Disney and all the various cartoon producers have been doing it for years but people don't hate on them for it.

Au contraire mon ami.

I bet there are a thousand threads here on the evil Disney empire and how it is turning your kids into little pervs.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow so much jealousy and hate.

Are you guys kidding?

You're really upset that some kid made 7 millions dollars for playing video games?

Why?

Because you didn't? Because YOU think it's a waste of time and money?

How sad, that we can't celebrate the fact that a YOUNG person is getting ahead using 21st century technology and ideas.

Who cares if google takes 80%, they are providing the entire platform he uses for his content. He doesn't seem very enslaved to me.

Get off your high horses.

If somebody offered you 7 million a year to sit on your asses you would take it hands down.

~Tenth
edit on 7/9/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Hell i'd settle for half a million and a less attractive girlfriend.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Answer
Disney and all the various cartoon producers have been doing it for years but people don't hate on them for it.

Au contraire mon ami.

I bet there are a thousand threads here on the evil Disney empire and how it is turning your kids into little pervs.

Yeah well conspiracy theorists gonna theorize.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join