It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PewDiePie Made 7.4 Million last year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So this guy plays video games, screams at it foolishness and makes 7.4 millions a year in adsense revenue, the first reaction of most has to be:

7.4 millions for doing nothing,a few hundreds hours of nothing...

Rage and cry

Think of it, he got paid 7.4 millions for hundreds of hours of content, to get there, he made several hours of videos a day, for 5 years until he got 37 million subscribers, meaning he gained 0.2 $ per subscriber in the whole year.

Before you quit your job to do videos, remember that you will be a slave for Google, earning 20cents per subscriber a year if you are a high volume producer, how many millions did Google made of the guy work, 100 times more? how many people also quit college to made videos and failed, 1000 times more?

Slavery is alive and well in this age

Oh and if you think it is too much, the guy reached an audience bigger than the population of Canada and get paid way less than say for example, Adam Sandler 15+ millions per movie, which i'm pretty sure are less profitable than the revenue of the ads he gets to Google.

edit on 8-7-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's disgusting. People starving in the streets the world over, and this millennial jabronie douche is millionaire.

This is the reason we see so many stupid hoax videos around here.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Not sure what the problem is Kim kardashian got famous for spreading her legs.

If people can make money doing stupid things then I say more power to them.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I take it you don't realize how insanely popular Pew is with kids do you?

Or that he has nearly 38 million subscribers?

Hate on the guy if you want, tho god knows i will never understand why.....
Forbes

PewDiePie did not make an “I made $7.4 million this year!” video after all his cash was counted. Rather, he made a “$1 million for charity!” video celebrating that he and his fans had raised over a million dollars over the past year for a host of charities including the World Wildlife Fund , St. Jude, Save the Children, and Charity: Water, who personally thanked the PewDiePie army for directly providing water to 10,000 Rwandans.

Money earned, case settled yo.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Does someone compel people to visit his YouTube channel?

If you could earn $7,500,000 doing the same thing or something similar you gonna pass it up?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
No one gets i think he is an underpaid slave to Google compared to other entertainers?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If being a slave to google gets you all that, plus a hot ass woman like "Cutiepie" then please sign me up for slavery Google. Please.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

That's the problem no? for each PewDiePie there must be thousands that think they can recreate his success and do the work for Google for nothing, as they would never be as popular as the guy and will invest the same time to it.

(who knows why 6 years old like this particular guy)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No one gets i think he is an underpaid slave to Google compared to other entertainers?

So you think he should be paid more?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Who cares what he does to make money or how much he makes? He is providing a product and people enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There always has been and always will be rich people and poor people, the only country in the world where everyone is equal is North korea.

It does not matter if he made $7, $7 million or $7 billion it's not going to make one bit of difference to your life is it.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
every dollar we spend ends up in someones pocket
gets in 'wrong pocket' big problems

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Wow man, please research this topic some more. He is hardly the only person making this bank.

Evantube makes around 8 million, i think the Skylander kids are pushing around 5 million, there are countless others some of whom are financing their college educations or small businesses with popular "Lets Play"style content.

It's a good way to make money in a digital age, and yes, it takes a # load of hard work that you never get to see because of editing and skill.

Is everyone gonna make a mint on this, no, but thats why its a business. The best will ultimately profit and maybe even move on to better things.

edit on 8-7-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Yes i think if people made content and companies profit for it, there should be a more even distribution of the earnings, you see the guy got paid so much for having 37 million viewers, one guy can have 1 viewer a year and not even get 20c out of it, but google will made the same of 37 millions guys like this as from 1 pewstuffstuff, slaves making money to the master, they made an investment in gear to produce the videos and time, get paid nothing unless super famous and google make all the wining without having to invest a dime.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Good for him.
He is a funny chap just my sort of humour.
Good looking chap also he will continue to do well.
Can't moan at a guy doing well because it would be sour grapes.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm really not seeing much of an issue with his existence as you. Sure, you may view the content as immature nonsense. The fact is, he is making people happy and making them laugh by doing so.

You might as well start hating at ever single performer to ever have exist simply because you believe acting is much less an effort than physical labor, or sitting at a desk.

Adam Sandler has been the highest paid actor for several (non consecutive) years, simply because he puts out B movies at a mass scale in comparison to high-end films.

People enjoy being entertained, and companies know that. If I had the chance I would instantly switch spots with PewDIePie or Adam Sandler, despite the content being lack-luster, uncreative, and at times, total garbage.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
So this guy plays video games, screams at it foolishness and makes 7.4 millions a year in adsense revenue, the first reaction of most has to be:

7.4 millions for doing nothing,a few hundreds hours of nothing...

Rage and cry

Think of it, he got paid 7.4 millions for hundreds of hours of content, to get there, he made several hours of videos a day, for 5 years until he got 37 million subscribers, meaning he gained 0.2 $ per subscriber in the whole year.

I dunno... Going by this it looks like he is doing a lot more than doing "nothing".

Before you quit your job to do videos, remember that you will be a slave for Google, earning 20cents per subscriber a year if you are a high volume producer, how many millions did Google made of the guy work, 100 times more? how many people also quit college to made videos and failed, 1000 times more?

Slavery is alive and well in this age

Slavery? Looks like good old fashioned capitalism to me.

Oh and if you think it is too much, the guy reached an audience bigger than the population of Canada and get paid way less than say for example, Adam Sandler 15+ millions per movie, which i'm pretty sure are less profitable than the revenue of the ads he gets to Google.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that you are jelly.
edit on 8-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And i think all of you have issues reading and dont get my point Google is ripping off all that makes videos

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Thorneblood

That's the problem no? for each PewDiePie there must be thousands that think they can recreate his success and do the work for Google for nothing, as they would never be as popular as the guy and will invest the same time to it.

(who knows why 6 years old like this particular guy)

Welcome to how Hollywood and the entertainment industry in general has worked since... well forever.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

And i think all of you have issues reading and dont get my point Google is ripping off all that makes videos

Before Youtube's partnership program came into effect, people made movies just because they wanted to make movies. I'd place a solid bet that PewDiePie had no intention of getting wealthy off of his content when he started. He was just doing it for fun. The money that comes in now is just a bonus.

So again, I don't see an issue with Google's take on it.

Are there people who noticed how much others were making on youtube, then decided they wanted to give it a shot for the money? Absolutely! But Most of the high-end Youtuber's started making videos before the partnership program, because it was a passion of there's, that's it.

Google has every right not to put advertisements in the videos, but on the sides in youtube's website instead, thus giving the content creators like PewDiePie absolutely nothing. The thing is, PewDiePie would still be making videos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join