It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: I Will Win the Latino Vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well if anything this election season certainly WILL be entertaining. What a clown... If he keeps gaining in popularity, Trump is going to cost the Republicans the election. It'll be a repeat of 1992 with Ross Perot all over again.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I actually had no idea Trump was leading in the polls here.

Glad to hear that at least it isn't Lindsay Graham.

I will say that while I think that Trump has a huge ego, I don't disagree with him on the immigration issue. I think he was crass (as he always is) and doesn't speak politically correct. I do find his bluntness refreshing at times though.

I will say this... I have heard over and over that people don't want career politicians anymore. So we got Trump running and I guess we will see where this goes. I really don't have an opinion on where SC stands with him yet. I haven't come anywhere close to deciding whom I will cast my vote for and I think any poll at this time is highly likely to change, probably many times, before we actually vote.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: olaru12
The GOP has already told the Donald to cool it....

www.bostonnewstime.com... s-new-hotel-over-controversial-immigrant-remarks.html

In fact I hope trump escalates his hateful rhetoric to spice up a boring as hell campaign. It's a stupid circus anyway...might as well make it entertaining.

Of course Trump denys it.

I honestly hate this field of candidates. They immediately dismiss Rand Paul.

He is the only one I like. I am really disappointed. Jeb Bush.......Never

I like Rand Paul myself.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Liberals are for reform and not just building a big wall and putting men with guns on it.

What is he right about?

All he said was that he will create jobs, no how he will, and that he will win the vote...

He does create jobs...Not just made up numbers.

I'm not for a wall. But, I am for Men with Guns.

Yes he creates jobs in China, Bangladesh and other places where they allow slave labor.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why should he be the only one following the law. Trump is a businessman not a Politician.

I'm pretty sure the expression goes, "Lead by example".

People are so friggin desperate for anybody new. The people running are so disappointing.

They manage to make Trump look good. We need a Leader. We need a Hero.

Yea, and Trump isn't it.

Yes, just trying to show the desperation of the silent majority.

As I said in the OP....He isn't the answer. I don't see the answer.

I'm pretty sure the silent majority isn't going to vote for him either. The only people I see supporting him are Right Wing people who seem to think that the horde of Republican candidates aren't crazy enough for them.

What bugs me is we are somehow not allowed to discuss Trump.

I want to have a discussion on Trump and some of his ideas and get the same thing.

He can't win. He won't win. I never said he would. I want to discuss his ideas.

If the talking Jack in the Box was saying the same thing as Trump...

It would be leading in the Polls.

Why aren't we allowed to discuss Trump? I'm pretty sure we are discussing him now.

He is leading the Polls is South Carolina.

Are all of those people just stupid ?

Never been to South Carolina huh? Lindsey Graham is from South Carolina that should say enough.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Liberals are for reform and not just building a big wall and putting men with guns on it.

What is he right about?

All he said was that he will create jobs, no how he will, and that he will win the vote...

He does create jobs...Not just made up numbers.

I'm not for a wall. But, I am for Men with Guns.

Yes he creates jobs in China, Bangladesh and other places where they allow slave labor.

Why should he take a loss by hiring American's.

Our Government makes it impossible to do business in the U.S.

He said he would change that. Let people bring money home.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Trump: I Will Win the Latino Vote

Give away free money,education,homes, and healthcare, and he will

Er wait thats what we already have.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

With people sick of the Bush/Clinton scene, I wouldn't be surprised if a talking squirrel was elected president!

Isn't that what trump is?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Geraldo Rivera is probably the only Latino
who would vote for Trump.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

a reply to: mojom

You are going to sit here in California and pretend you don't know what I mean.

Of course I'm not talking about regular misguided Liberals.

That's another thing about Liberals. They think they are the only ones that get it.

I've read many of your posts. Don't play dumb with me.

I'm not just in Cali. I'm in the Central Valley of Cali. The poorest area of the state and the Ag. Hub which has the most immigrant farm hands out of anywhere. So I'm well aware of the immigrant influence in the state. But I probably don't see eye to eye with you about some things regarding them. But then I'm not sure what your opinion of them is either so who knows. If you want to talk about it though I'm open for a discussion.

"Regular Misguided Liberals" huh??? What's with the constant insulting terminology toward so many people??? It's that kind of language that I was talking about. The number of people who identify as "Liberal" is huge and it is a very diverse group of people. The same as those who identify as Conservative. However, you seem unable to break free of you narrow perspective about what "Liberals" are about. That's too bad because you're only limiting yourself and your own understanding by stereotyping such a large group of people the way you do.

I wasn't playing dumb with you either. All I said was that you comment about Liberals reason for being pro immigrant was for votes wasn't correct simply because the only "Liberals" who care about such demographics are those who are running for office. Unless it's a Lib who's trying to get "votes" they don't measure peoples value by such criteria. It just doesn't make sense to say it that way. It's not like the majority of "liberals" in the world even think about voting demographics and politics that much. They're just normal people living their lives like anyone else.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Fine, how would you like me to describe Boxer, Fienstien, Brown, ...

They call themselves Liberals. It's not a slur, it's a way of life.

They (liberals) have ruined my home State. I own racehorses. I'm all over the Valley.

I don't know a single immigrant that thinks we should let everybody in.

They are much wiser than their self appointed fighters give them credit for.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Fine, how would you like me to describe Boxer, Fienstien, Brown, ...

They call themselves Liberals. It's not a slur, it's a way of life.

Using their name works pretty well.

They are Democratic Politicians, which are also called Liberal too so I get what you're saying. But they hardly represent the opinions or attitudes of all "Liberals". All I was suggesting is that you be more specific when talking about all the problems those damn Liberals cause and how they think or what they do, etc. Just the term "Liberals" represents a huge group of people and speaking ill of them when you're actually talking about those specific politicians means you're insulting millions of people because of what a handful of them have done. That's all I was saying.

I don't even know what you're pissed about actually. Did they do something to your horses???

They are ruining my home state too IMO but they aren't the only ones ruining it either. You know not everyone or every policy maker in this state is a Liberal either. Getting mad and blaming "Liberals" in general for what some stupid politicians do is kinda insane. A few policy makers make some bad choices and you decided to blame the entire ideology and everyone on one side of a line for it. At least that is how it sounds to me.
edit on 10-7-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

The Politicians in charge in the State of California do not enforce our laws.

They allow people who we don't know anything about in our State.

I am not even saying deport anybody...Would they mind just signing the Guest Book.

There are People in this world trying to do us harm. To let everyone in seems risky.

And, since my kid lives here. Looks like you might have a few kids living here.

They are counting on us to protect them.

Letting everyone in is a mistake and unsustainable.

I put my family's safety as a high priority. Can we agree to enforce laws on the books ?

edit on 10-7-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Trump will not win the Latino/Mexican vote. He has no chance whatsoever.

Tune in to the Spanish-speaking/Mexican radio stations and listen to what they have to say about him. He's become a joke to many in the Latino communities.

I can attest to that. I live in Mexico and believe me, those 'Latinos' living in the USA are closely in touch with their relatives that live here and elsewhere in Central America.
Trump is an idiot. He thinks a that all illegals are Mexicans: Wrong again, Trump! You're going to have the whole of Central America against you, and that's a broad swath of immigrant Americans tearing at your faux toupe.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I kind of get what your saying but I don't think you're attributing all the causes to their effects correctly. Although it's difficult to say that exactly because you're being very vague in what the problem is and who might be responsible. Because whatever the problem is or set of problems it's never as simple as it seems. Let me try and explain what I mean.

Let's take your examples at face value and only how you wrote them. You seem to be talking about Illegal Immigrants as the source of some kind of Danger to Us or our children here in the US. Ok, sure, but it's hardly illegal immigrants that are the only people to worry about. You're in the same danger from people here legally too. Immigration status alone can't be said to be any more or less than any other arbitrary label as far as harming you. Immigrants overall represent every possible type of people anywhere. From good to bad, to killers to hero's, to lazy losers to go getters.

Statistically speaking in fact, danger to your kids is actually more likely to happen from someone within your own group of friends or family rather than any outsider based simply on their more frequent interaction. So you'll need to do better than that before you can just go blame a massive group of people like that.

Again, It would help to be a bit more specific as to what exactly is the problem too.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Well if anything this election season certainly WILL be entertaining. What a clown... If he keeps gaining in popularity, Trump is going to cost the Republicans the election. It'll be a repeat of 1992 with Ross Perot all over again.

If Trump was to run as a interdependent after dropping out of the GOP race this could occur. Trump could end up being Hillary Clinton's political best friend if Trump's ego rules over all political sense. His Vice presidential pick could be umm interesting.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

That's a good point Trump IS going as a Republican. So here's my call for how this is going to go down. Trump is going to pull a LOT of votes away from the Republicans' best hope, Jeb Bush, which could result in one of the crazier candidates (like Scott Walker or Lindsey Graham) getting nominated. This would alienate the moderate Republicans immediately, probably causing them to jump ship.

You know, I've been saying for awhile that statistically after eight years of one President, the Presidency almost always switches sides, but Trump is a wild card. He could seriously cost the Republicans the election no matter how much the odds are in their favor. The absolute WORST situation would be Trump actually GETTING the nomination, because then there is no WAY the Republicans will win.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

That's a good point Trump IS going as a Republican. So here's my call for how this is going to go down. Trump is going to pull a LOT of votes away from the Republicans' best hope, Jeb Bush,

I am wondering if GOP voters desire to avoid Jeb could see a wild card like Rand Paul win the nomination.

which could result in one of the crazier candidates (like Scott Walker or Lindsey Graham) getting nominated. This would alienate the moderate Republicans immediately, probably causing them to jump ship.

Possible enough. It would allow the hard right of the GOP to finally get there wish and have one of there win the nomination. They can find out that there isn't a missing block of right wing voters who are awaiting such an event.

You know, I've been saying for awhile that statistically after eight years of one President, the Presidency almost always switches sides,

True in parliamentary terms governments do get tired. But waiting for someone to slip up isn't a sound electoral strategy. Also the rise of news networks that are little more then partisan spins is changing the landscape. The rule of law and order is vanishing under the wait of Billion dollar elections and corporate lobbyists.

but Trump is a wild card. He could seriously cost the Republicans the election no matter how much the odds are in their favor. The absolute WORST situation would be Trump actually GETTING the nomination, because then there is no WAY the Republicans will win.

I think the GOP has resigned itself to the Hillary presidency. They are willing to settle for legislative control like the democrats did in the Reagan era. Trump is willing to confront some of the realities of illegal immigration even if it isn't politically correct.

Jeb Bush is the only guy in the GOP field whose campaign team wants to win the nomination . Jeb's heart isn't in it. I think he is only running because of his family name.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
I am wondering if GOP voters desire to avoid Jeb could see a wild card like Rand Paul win the nomination.

That could happen, but the way I see it, is that Bush is their best hope to get the most votes. All the other candidates appeal to particular subsets of the Republican beliefs.

Possible enough. It would allow the hard right of the GOP to finally get there wish and have one of there win the nomination. They can find out that there isn't a missing block of right wing voters who are awaiting such an event.

Yep, just them.

True in parliamentary terms governments do get tired. But waiting for someone to slip up isn't a sound electoral strategy. Also the rise of news networks that are little more then partisan spins is changing the landscape. The rule of law and order is vanishing under the wait of Billion dollar elections and corporate lobbyists.

I didn't say it WAS a sound strategy, but it certainly is one you should take advantage of. Keep in mind that Fox News is the highest rated news channel. The Republicans should have an edge in getting their propaganda out.

I think the GOP has resigned itself to the Hillary presidency. They are willing to settle for legislative control like the democrats did in the Reagan era. Trump is willing to confront some of the realities of illegal immigration even if it isn't politically correct.

That's a really sad statement. Resigning yourself to 12 years of the opposing party shows a severe lack of control of your own party. I don't like to be that guy who says that such and such party is going extinct after it loses the national elections, but man it's certainly not looking good for them. Do they REALLY think another 4 years of stubbornly dragging their feet on everything the Democrats want to do is going to be good for the country?

Jeb Bush is the only guy in the GOP field whose campaign team wants to win the nomination . Jeb's heart isn't in it. I think he is only running because of his family name.

Yeah, that sounds about right. The Repubs need to get their act together.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I reckon if Bush is the best bet for a throw away candidate , Trump my as well get the nod. As for running a serious candidate against Hillary I don't think the GOP can produce such a candidate at the moment.

The GOP is a house divided where hyper partisanship rules the day. The GOP problems go back to Newt Gingrich brand of politics in the 90's. Very few people in Washington DC give a toss about the country. Look at the issue of health care the GOP doesn't even have a concrete alternative to Obamacare.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join