It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Ways Christians Lost This Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
First, my thanks to MonkeyFishFrog for bringing this link to ATS and to my attention in another thread.

From the blog "Stuff That Needs To Be Said," by John Pavlovitz; this does indeed need to be said, and Mr. Pavlovitz says it beautifully.

6 Ways Christians Lost This Week

1) We lost the chance to be loving....
2) We lost the chance to be good neighbors.....
3) We lost the chance to be Good Samaritans.....
4) We lost the opportunity to show how big God is.....
5) We lost the chance to reflect Christ.....
6) We lost people.....

All of these "losses" are very eloquently expanded upon at the link, and the article in its entirety is well worth the read, as well as the comments following the article.

For me, #4 speaks to me on the deepest level. God is so much bigger and better than this. Than us. Than what we are giviing Him credit for. God is no respector of persons. He loves each and every one of us -- His beloved children -- more than we will ever have the capacity to love; but that is no excuse for the hate and vitriol which has dominated the national dialogue.

As for Jesus? The only begotten son of God, who ministered to the sinners, the downtrodden, the oppressed? Knowing how it hurts my own heart to see my faith represented in such hateful and hurtful ways, I can only imagine how it hurts Jesus' heart to see His life and ministry reduced to this. And yet, I also imagine that Jesus is also asking the Lord to forgive those who do so for they "know not what they do." But in the final analysis, I cannot speak for God or Jesus; only myself. It matters not what Jesus can or will or should do. All I need to know is what Jesus wants me to do and He made it very clear: To love one another.

This stuff should simply break our collective hearts.

All of us who claim Christ need to do some honest, invasive personal reflection.

Regardless of our feelings about the Supreme Court’s decision, it’s clear that Christians lost far more valuable things than a 5 to 4 vote this week; things that we better fight like Hell to get back.

From his lips (or keyboard) to God's ears.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I was too late -- my mistake. Someone else posted the same article between when I started writing the post and when I posted. The first post is here.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

There is New Age Spirituality and there is the Truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Awww... thank you. I have no doubt you posted this with the love of Jesus in your heart and a profound concern for my eternal salvation, and I appreciate the thought...

But as this is a duplicate thread, perhaps you should post at the other thread linked above.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'm just saying be careful. There are many ways the church has been infiltrated and the definition of love has been warped to something more akin to what Aleister Crowley taught. It's become a more selfish version of what love truly is. I don't know what your personal church teaches, but it leaks in. Prosperity Gospel teaching is everywhere, and it's not good stuff.

Listen to her. It's very new age. It's very Buddy Jesus. It's all very permissive, do no wrong. And I'm not sure which Bible you're reading, but mine always talks about consequences if we don't repent and keep our noses clean.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
yep, for someone to say that, they're listening to a liar ....making them a victim....
hasn't been reading what's in the book...

new topics

top topics

join