It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYSE floor trading halted; no sign of cyberattack

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I voiced this element of the NYSE problem:

...blocks of shares by institutions are the most affected... those are the types of market movements which cause the herd mind to react as a group...

as it turns out the institutions and Funds (the large blocks of stocks buyers/traders)
will be in dire straits IF the stock exchanges cannot make a closing market (in actual real time) for the rebalancing of the S&P 500 index of stocks due this day...
if the funds/institutions/hedge fund managers have to rely on the 11AM price disclosures.... that factor will SKEW the rebalancing of the S&P 500 index ---to everyone's disadvantage

it ain't a "no-foul - no harm" event about the missing 3 1/2 hours of a distorted market trading day !

billions are in the balance unless people or HFT programs cannot make up-to-date orders for buy-sell..

all of which suggests to me the Chinese/NKs/hostiles are creating the NYSE mess for western predators messing with China's stock market---pay backs are 'ell eh ?

in a final thought... the credibility of the exchange is in the balance right now.... the system does not want the masses thinking that 'price discovery' might be skewed and that's what all the delay was about...

but let me remind the readers at ATS anyhow (a small population in comparison to the investment class) that real/ true Price Discovery has not been the rule for the LIBOR (proven fact !) nor the 'illegal short' manipulations on the COMEX ~ PMetals futures (unproven so far) for more years than can be revealed.....

so the NYSE rush to fix today's 'glitch' so that True 'Price Discovery' can be made is mostly just Theatrics (imho)

edit on th31143638388908312015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Two major systemic malfunctions affecting a major flight carrier and the New York Stock Exchange on the same day? Not a coincidence I think.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
America home of free markets and capitalism ROFLMAO

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Trading has resumed. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

edit on 8-7-2015 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
this is how to get the People to Give up freedom!
it works well, just look at 911.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I dont know if your watching the ticker I wouldn't call whats happening 'trading'

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

The institutional orders were all cancelled so it will take some time for them to be reentered and to move the Dow.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Strange days the bull**** is so thick even the bull is confused.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I bet some one Made a Lot of Money!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yeah they used to brew right here at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I don't like Budweiser products but the smell when they were proofing the yeast was heavenly. Like bread baking. Inbev closed the brewery. I used to take the tour to get free samples while at the park. I didn't love it but a free Buzz is a free Buzz.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Crakeur

Contegix. It's at 200 n. Tucker Blvd. I manage a store right across the street. The guys that work there come over to eat all the time. They say about a fourth of all web traffic from the United States run through that building. I always thought that if I were going to attack anything, that would be it. You could cause a real mess with that. Just to be clear I would never attack anything, but it's kinda like standing in line at the bank. Ya just kinda start thinking and looking for the security.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Ahem what was that about witches dude? Don't make me hex you. It won't be pretty.
edit on 782015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Beer snobs...always makes me laugh.

edit on 782015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

I'm wondering if someone discovered a new way of attacking computer systems.

edit on 8-7-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I was out for a while. Went to the beach for a quick dip and when I got back the NYSE was back up.
News talking cyber security now.
And Trump talking about Obama's birth certificate. And bombing Iraq.
Oh my...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't think this was a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here is one of the pieces of information I gleaned on the NYSE that makes me think it was indeed an attack.

Traders received an alert from the exchange that warned of certain “gateways,” which traders use to connect with the NYSE, that would be shut down due to glitches. The problems would likely affect a “subset” of stocks, the exchange said.

Source

Sounds like a DDOS Cyber Attack or something in the Gateways were having a problem of in the MSM words a "Glitch". To techs a cyber attack is one thing, but to spokespeople it is a "Technical Glitch".

edit on 8/7/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
did you go to va beach? lol you might have driven past me o.0
and also got a free buzz from the wine fest they held at busch gardens a few weeks back lol

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Tomorrow shall be interesting...

Maybe it IS almost end game time?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Surely this was just an excuse to shut down the market to let everyone have a breather so that the entire stock exchange didn't fall off the cliff in reaction to the huge drop in China ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join