It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Ways Christians Lost This Week: And A Thank you to the Christians who Won

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Let's analyze this, shall we?

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
I finally read your post and I am now ready to answer it!
1. Christian hypocrite: is a christian who will compromise their christian
faith and beliefs to try and fit into the secular world.

Could you explain to us which beliefs were compromised?

2.Christians who have fits of rage,hysteria and violent: You are describing
that Westboro crowd.

It is pretty clear that many Christians were outraged by the legalization of same-sex marriage. There was vandalism, cursing, hysteria, rage, and a ton of hate.

The only compromise that this new law did with Christian's belief system is in the actions of some Christians afterwords clearly did not represent what Christ taught.

3.Persecution that will be my fault for "bringing it on myself": Your post
is a small example of persecution that I didn't start but I will finish.

Perhaps because you are intrinsically drawn to hating all those who you incorrectly believe are against your faith, is the reason why so many people persecute those who express such massive hatred?

4. Think about it if you are able:I can certainly think.

Did this really need to be number 4?

5.Muslims': You and others can't handle the truth about islam

Thanks for proving my previous point about hating everything that doesn't abide by your specific world view.

6.Embarrass the rest of us americans:

What embarrasses the rest of Americans? Progressive action? Speak for yourself.

A. I am the daughter of a veteran of the Korean war.
B. I am the niece of a Vietnam veteran.
C. I am the ex-wife of a Vietnam veteran.
D.I have a son who is a disabled veteran.
E.I have 2 grandchildren who served in Iraq.
You really have your nerve calling me an embarrassment to americans.

Great lineage! But your actions are your own. So yes, your hate not only embarrasses Americans, but the rest of humanity as well.

I could be the son of the pope, but if I go out killing people that means my lineage protects me? Think again Missy. Perhaps you should responsibility for your own actions.

7.All respect to those other actual christians: Who seem to
compromise their faith and beliefs for stars and flags.

You're now saying that you respect those who "compromised" their faith? Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. because just a few posts ago you kind of belittled their actions.

Jesus would be ashamed of you.
edit on 9/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Ghost147
Fundamentalist/literalist/evangelical/legalist/dominionist sects make up 1/3 to 1/2 half of Christians in the U.S. So this debate/fight isn't going away any time soon. Kudos to those Christians able to separate their faith from the rights of others, and view their Christianity as a personal choice, rather than marching orders to establish a world-wide theocracy in the name of Jesus.

Christianity and all of these battles are just smokescreens for other bigger problems.

Not one section of human life on this planet is unaffected by religions, its all for or against.

I for one wish it would all die away, so some reality would be allowed to exist, but that is not going to happen.

These battles will be waged using these tools, but for entirely different reasons they are orchestrated, and done perfectly.

I find it hard to believe people do not see the script run to perfection, and they actually think this is some kind of natural progression going on.

Good luck to you, those who think any of it will EVER be allowed to go away.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
Thank you - great post!

I'm a Christian and by all appearances a conservative one. I attend an evangelical church, I participate in bible studies, I'm a stay at home mom with 3 kids.

My heart is completely broken with what has happened.

It hurts me deeply to see so many of my brothers and sisters in Christ going against everything Jesus taught us. It's a terrible mistep and so many people are hurting. It's ironic that they cannot see that their hate puts them outside of the teachings of Jesus far more than the people they are self-righteously condemning.

I've never understood the anti-gay obsession some have and it destroys me that this sort of hate could ever be attached to my "brand" of faith. I see it in my church. They are a minority but a very very loud minority. The church needs to confront this from within. I admit my own shortcomings in speaking up, but I cannot allow myself to be silent any longer. Let's get back to basics!

And...Let's be honest. The bible, and Jesus Himself, are far more condemning of gluttony than homosexuality. If your throat causes you gluttony, cut it out. (Not a direct quote but very close)... Yet look around a church and, frankly, the sin of gluttony is obvious! Where is the outrage??

Jesus taught us that we cannot be pointing out the speck of dust in someone else's eye when we have plank of wood in our own!

I love people. I rejoiced that homosexuals were granted equal rights. That is how it should be. I pray there are many joyful, loving, and committed unions as a result. I pray that the connection between these partners brings them much peace and happiness and that they seek God together. I hope they know that Jesus loves and embraces them as people. We are all sinners. I'm a sinner as well. Their sin is no "worse" than mine. His grace covers us all.

Thank you again for your post.

Why and how are you a "sinner".

What planet are you on, that you think any of that is actually what it appears to be, too you.

It does not matter if you are Christian or any other religion or group, you are being CONTROLLED and manipulated at the SOUL LEVEL.

And you apparently will never be able to look around and see that things behind the scenes are entirely not what they seem.

I can see it, however and am willing to do more about it, let us storm the gates of the heavens and hells, and see what comes of it, instead of accepting everything as some kind reality that just "Must Be".

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: works4dhs

Instead of Fear Mongering look around.. look at this world, look at the violence already suffered.. this is a small step that shows compassion and Love, i don't know what your God believes in but don't you think you would want to show him that we can Coexist with some kind of love and respect?

On the surface this makes sense.

But overall, I am not buying that this will change ANYTHING for the better, in any way.

The overall frequency of acceptance of things does not make things happier, easier, more joyful......

I have seen none of the hopeful changes, but instead just more confusion and programming must take place to accept every change that goes on, it is only responses to broken planet, broken Universe.

And they are not going to make things any better, just saying, let us know when ANYTHING is getting better and then we can rejoice that love and compassion is causing it.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

In all the countries that it is legal in, i don't think anyone has been forced to Marry Same-Sex Couples, or their "Religious Freedoms" have been taken.. why are Americans not only so behind, but with such fear mongering hyperbole

Because they are the tool of destruction, not ALLOWED to advance, and they must have similarities to the supposed enemies (ISLAM).

Funny how people think the common everyday man is too blame, and that they are not being given a choice...

Limitless ability to control every sector carefully, has never ended.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I have discovered if a person doesn't accept behavior they feel is wrong,
they are immediately labeled a hate-filled bigot.

I will explain my post to you...!-7 were my answers to another member's post.
They were not in "order" of importance but in order of her post.The number
and wording after is "her" comments,mine follow after that.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It depends on how far that person's opinions really stretch. Many people who feel that something like Homosexuality is wrong, feel so because they view Homosexuals as lesser beings, flawed to some degree, Should have specific rights stripped or never given in the first place, and even that they are the cause of huge distressing traits in the nation they live in, if not the species and planet as a whole.

If those aren't characteristics of a hate-filled bigot, then I don't know what is.

Of course, if you are simply "uncomfortable" about the concept behind Homosexuality, that's perfectly reasonable. No one is saying that anyone who does not view homosexuality as acceptable at a personal level, then there's nothing wrong with that. If the idea that a man loves and is intimate with another man and it churns your stomach, that is a perfectly natural feeling for many people. I have a number of gay friends who feel the same way about heterosexual intimacy.

Of course, they don't belittle Heterosexuals because of that feeling, and that's where we see the difference between hate-filled bigotry, and a naturally uncomfortable feeling.

One is based off of preconceived and massively misinformed bogus concepts, and the other is a natural discomfort.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Show me proof of me personally belittling homosexuals on this website!

I am still waiting for you to show me proof.
edit on 10-7-2015 by mamabeth because: added

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Show me proof of me personally belittling homosexuals on this website!

I am still waiting for you to show me proof.

It's been 3 hours since you posted this demand. Despite what you think, I do have a life outside of this forum.

God’s people should exercise patience Pr 19:11; Col 3:12 See also Pr 14:29; Pr 16:32; Pr 25:15; Mt 6:14-15; Mt 18:35

As for me and my house we choose to serve the Lord and not submit to pressures from
the secular world.

This is not my example of you belittling anyone, but could you elaborate this point, please? Which pressures of the secular world are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

It is pretty clear that many Christians were outraged by the legalization of same-sex marriage. There was vandalism, cursing, hysteria, rage, and a ton of hate.

The only compromise that this new law did with Christian's belief system is in the actions of some Christians afterwords clearly did not represent what Christ taught.

Thank you, for pulling up the slack for me.

I have been considering responding, but I guess I'd better hadn't.

But, while I've been considering, these are some of my thoughts:

I am a Daughter of the American Revolution,
as well as a Daughter of the "Pilgrims" in William Penn's fleet who first came here.
I am the niece of a military MP.
I am the cousin of a Westpoint graduate, whose husband (also a Westpoint grad) was up for general.
I am the wife of a veteran MP who suffers from PTSD.

What ANY of that has to do with the way some Christians are behaving now is beyond me, but yeah, I was just thinking about it.

edit on 7/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Some of my ancestors were already here when your pilgrim ancestors
arrived.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

so?

What's your point? Did they enjoy the onslaught of "Christian" Europeans and how they were treated by them?

edit on 7/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

A total misunderstanding of the law, both the secular one and God's. They seem to be confusing the two a lot lately.

So you are complete in understanding that difference between the same law of God and man? That same law of man is opposite than that of God and your choice is that of man above God? And yet you deride those who choose the law of God over the law of man and join those who are against the law of God who call them all sorts of derogatory names of hate. Yes, you have cleared that matter and am no longer confused where you stand.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Oh, and also - your "Bible" clearly makes no sense!! And I stand by that!!!

Perhaps it is not the fault of the bible or perhaps you have one not suited to your understanding. Skimming is not the same as studying.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

It depends on how far that person's opinions really stretch. Many people who feel that something like Homosexuality is wrong, feel so because they view Homosexuals as lesser beings, flawed to some degree, Should have specific rights stripped or never given in the first place, and even that they are the cause of huge distressing traits in the nation they live in, if not the species and planet as a whole.

If those aren't characteristics of a hate-filled bigot, then I don't know what is.

No. Our world view is Bible-based. The Bible clearly and consistently says homosexuality is a sin. The Bible also says we love one another, even sinners, even if we disagree, even our enemies.
I have never heard anyone in any church describe gays as 'lesser beings' or any similar description. Homosexuality is no better or worse than adultery, stealing, or any other sin.
I am not seeing any hate directed at gays. I'm sure there are some outliers around (Westboro, who are supported by absolutely no one in any church I know of).
I've been in multiple churches in multiple parts of the country since the 1970s, and I have never, ever, not once, heard anyone suggest gays were inferior, or that hatred (or violence) directed against them is at all acceptable. Never. not once. Anywhere.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Let's analyze this, shall we?

source? I sure haven't heard any of this.
plenty of indirect 'Christians are hating' but no direct examples (except for the aforementioned Westboro outfit.)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

But, while I've been considering, these are some of my thoughts: I am a Daughter of the American Revolution, as well as a Daughter of the "Pilgrims" in William Penn's fleet who first came here. I am the niece of a military MP. I am the cousin of a Westpoint graduate, whose husband (also a Westpoint grad) was up for general. I am the wife of a veteran MP who suffers from PTSD.

But you are not the daughter of God? Or is that not part of your resume?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
the same reason they sue a pizza shop for not wanting to cater a gay wedding, or sue a bakery for not wanting to provide a cake for same. "it's not enough to allow us, you must agree with us or we will punish you."

originally posted by Ghost147 "These aren't incidences of homosexuals forcing their will on people, it is solely the intolerant minds of the pizza maker and the cake maker that is the issue.
No one's religions was changed, or even challenged in those incidences. If the couple came in individually and asked to cater a wedding, or asked to make a cake for a wedding without the knowledge of the wedding actually being gay, the managers would have had NO idea. I wonder how often that happens?"

au contraire. this is exactly gays forcing their will on people. 'You will deny your faith and support what we do or we will sic the state on you'. 'tolerance' means 'do what you want, it's none of my business'. forcing people to support what you do is not tolerance, it is intolerance. it's asking us to throw away 2,000 years of our faith. the vast majority of Christians I know DON'T CARE what gays do, but they (we) draw the line at being forced to support same.
edit on 10-7-2015 by works4dhs because: text issue

edit on 10-7-2015 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2015 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

You do understand that the Baker broke state Laws Right?

it has nothing to do with Forcing Gay on anyone, the Baker Broke the law..

But i'm sure he would be prepared to Not make a Cake for someone who is on a second Marriage right...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Some of my ancestors were already here when your pilgrim ancestors
arrived.

I think BuzzyWigs point just flew right over your head. Your actions are not determined by your ancestry. Your actions are yours and yours alone.

originally posted by: Seede

Oh, and also - your "Bible" clearly makes no sense!! And I stand by that!!!

Perhaps it is not the fault of the bible or perhaps you have one not suited to your understanding.

You would think God would want his message to be clear and suitable for everyone's understanding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join