It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama admits to training ISIS forces

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Obama said, very calmly and in a paused manner:
- they (US) "are training ISIS Forces, including volunteers from Sunni Tribes"

The volunteers are being trained to fight ISIS...seems you should have read the transcripts from the Whitehouse themselves.

Which btw is what is being used to make this conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

In this case the propaganda takes shape of a US President acknowledging the support of a well known Islamic group, famous for beheading and other horrors and international Jihadism export. Group that you pretend to fight on the other hand.

Okay here I know snopes isn't a very liked site for a source but here...

Althoough the video does include a portion of a speech given by President Obama at the Pentagon on 6 July 2015 about “Progress in the Fight Against ISIL,” the suggestion that he “made a shocking admission” about “training ISIL forces” is inaccurate. The President’s comments merely included slip of the tongue, as evidenced by the President’s following statement (i.e., that Sunni volunteers were being trained as “a new force against ISIL”) and a correction issued by the White House (which noted President Obama’s slip and placed the word “Iraqi” in brackets where it should have been used):

m.snopes.com...

And excuse me for using them, but this is now just getting sad that people only see what they want, or hear what they want without looking at the whole picture.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The problem is that when picking side in this religiously infused conflict, the US selected the Sunnis because :

a) They rely on Saudi oil
b) Israel is allied to the Wahhabi (hardcore Sunnis)
c) Iran is backing the Shiites

All major terrorist groups are Sunnis (Al-Quada, ISIS, AL-Norsa, Muslim brotherhood, ...) but some are deemed OK. I'm not even sure the US 'choose a side' in defence of their own interest but they are rather stuck with the consequences of some of their (now) embarrassing alliances.
Slip of tongue or Freudian slip ?

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i would have dismissed it as one of many of Obama's & Michelle's slipups - they are ACTORS afterall! - but then there's the whole discussion of ISIS being 'nimble' a 'long term campaign':

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

This one goes in the same direction :

50 Spies Say ISIS Intelligence Was Cooked

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join