It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama admits to training ISIS forces

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
He says "speeding up training of ISIL forces, including some from Sunni tribes" .... to me it sounds like he means forces to fight ISIL/S, no different than had he said Anti-ISIL forces.

I guess it would be easy to misinterpret that though.

anti-ISIL or something similar could only be what he meant, the 18 second clip is just meant to be mischievous. That's pathetic and childish on somebodies part. Funny how the channel had three commentators and not one picked up on it, or if they did just let it go

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
How did I know an RT video would be included? Oh yea, propaganda.

Here's the raw video -

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
"Training ISIL forces"
"I've now been in 57 states...I think 1 left to go"
"My Muslim faith"

Obama's so cute when he mis-speaks! We should forgive him since he must have been tired or something.

"I can see Russia from my house"

Attributed to Sarah Palin and she was severely mocked as being stupid... and she never even said it. It was Tina Fey in an SNL skit who said that. Palin did remark that you " can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska", which is true.

Please don't take this as any form of endorsement for Sarah Palin. I think all politicians are idiots personally, but I'm just illustrating the bias of media and the laziness of Americans in what they choose to believe and who they choose to dislike. And currently we are "racist" if we point out the stupid slips of the tongue that Obama makes, but are encouraged to mock any political opponent of his or anyone who disagrees with his policies.

Circum et panem as usual.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: NeoSpace

ISIS is a conglomerate of US funded and trained groups, capitalizing on the power vacuum left by NATO after they left Iraq and Syria. That and when George fired the Iraqi Army.

~Tenth

I'd actually like to think of ISIS as a really shrewd and smart move by Obama and his companions.

Think about it, the US has made a war on Iraq for a decade and laid the country to waste. No end to the conflict in sight ... but out of the sky, comes an angel in desguise. The bad ISIS, which in reality are "foreign" people, who hide their faces ... coming from Europe, UK and the US.

And just out of the blue ... the US can come in and be the savior and not the bad guy.

hmmm ... who'd have thought of that. You think there's a chance, there is a conspiracy in there ? :-)
edit on 8/7/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tallcool1
"Training ISIL forces"
"I've now been in 57 states...I think 1 left to go"
"My Muslim faith"

Obama's so cute when he mis-speaks! We should forgive him since he must have been tired or something.

"I can see Russia from my house"

Attributed to Sarah Palin and she was severely mocked as being stupid... and she never even said it. It was Tina Fey in an SNL skit who said that. Palin did remark that you " can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska", which is true.

Please don't take this as any form of endorsement for Sarah Palin. I think all politicians are idiots personally, but I'm just illustrating the bias of media and the laziness of Americans in what they choose to believe and who they choose to dislike. And currently we are "racist" if we point out the stupid slips of the tongue that Obama makes, but are encouraged to mock any political opponent of his or anyone who disagrees with his policies.

Circum et panem as usual.

The clip in the OP is a different heading, the emphasis is different, and it is the clip on page one I was referring too. The one above is about a slip of the tongue.
edit on 8-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: MrSpad

But they do get outside training, on the inside.

Defectors, I mean.

Some of the rebel groups in Syria have gotten outside training from the Arab states. The US talked about training rebels for a long time but, just finished training it first group and they have moved into Syria. Turkey, Israel, US, NATO, Assad, and Iran have all been accused of creating and training ISIS. Some of that comes from just misunderstandings. NATO backed Arab states training of rebels early on some of which split off into other rebel groups, Israel supplying groups along its border to create a buffer zone, Assad releasing radicals to cause trouble in the rebel ranks only to have them link up with ISIS in Iraq and get things roiling in Syria, Turkeys distrust of the Kurds and insisting the Western backed rebels make Assad the primary target and deal with ISIS after etc, etc.

However when it comes down to it ISIS under other names had been conducting terror operations in Jordan as far back as 1999. When they escaped into Iraq they fought the US in unconventional warfare for a decade under yet another name. When the US left Saddam's former officer corps saw a chance to team up with ISIS and rally the Sunni's and train for and launch a conventional military operation. In the end that failed.

One just has to look at ISIS tactics to see nobody in the West trained them. They tend to use shock troops that basically go on suicide attacks that even include some of them with explosive vests to spread shock, fear and confusions in enemy lines. Nobody in the West is training anybody to fight like that.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Apparently this was making the headline news in Tehran last year already :

ISIL, Takfiri Terrorists Trained by US, Britain

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – June 27, 2014 - Iranian Deputy Judiciary Chief Seyed Ebrahim Raeisi blamed Washington and London of being behind the spread of Takfiri (extremist) terrorism in the region.

Addressing Friday prayers worshippers in Tehran before the start of the sermons, Raeisi said the so-called Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and other Takfiri terrorists have nothing to do with Islam but these groups have been trained by the US and Britain.

He added that the atrocities perpetrated by these extremist groups will be recorded in the list of injustices and crimes of the US and Britain.

And more recently, the Hezbollah issued a similar statement :

Hezbollah Deputy Chief: Takfiri Terrorism Masterminded by US, Israel

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

a reply to: MrSpad

But they do get outside training, on the inside.

Defectors, I mean.

Some of the rebel groups in Syria have gotten outside training from the Arab states. The US talked about training rebels for a long time but, just finished training it first group and they have moved into Syria. Turkey, Israel, US, NATO, Assad, and Iran have all been accused of creating and training ISIS. Some of that comes from just misunderstandings. NATO backed Arab states training of rebels early on some of which split off into other rebel groups, Israel supplying groups along its border to create a buffer zone, Assad releasing radicals to cause trouble in the rebel ranks only to have them link up with ISIS in Iraq and get things roiling in Syria, Turkeys distrust of the Kurds and insisting the Western backed rebels make Assad the primary target and deal with ISIS after etc, etc.

However when it comes down to it ISIS under other names had been conducting terror operations in Jordan as far back as 1999. When they escaped into Iraq they fought the US in unconventional warfare for a decade under yet another name. When the US left Saddam's former officer corps saw a chance to team up with ISIS and rally the Sunni's and train for and launch a conventional military operation. In the end that failed.

One just has to look at ISIS tactics to see nobody in the West trained them. They tend to use shock troops that basically go on suicide attacks that even include some of them with explosive vests to spread shock, fear and confusions in enemy lines. Nobody in the West is training anybody to fight like that.

Eh , errr , no . Iran has never been accused of such a thing . you cannot accuse someone of trying to behead themselves .

US can indeed be accused of such a thing since , well , they actually DID train what they called "moderate groups" and literally armed them to teeth .

Remember the moderate group "jibhat al-nusra" ? what happened to them BTW ? are they still moderate or not ? lol

some people never learn . Now go and clean them up from the streets of Syria . and good luck doing that without getting vaporized by latest generation of TOW missiles .

Enemies of Syria : KSA , ISIS , Jibhat al-nusra , Al-qaeda and a proportion of taliban fighters from pakistan .

yet you arm the latter side . yeah . good going .

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

originally posted by: haman10
US can indeed be accused of such a thing since , well , they actually DID train what they called "moderate groups" and literally armed them to teeth .

At least President Obama sounds very embarrassed when he announces he is training ISIL troops.
And hopefully, the US is not doing too well on the topic :
U.S. only training 60 Syrian fighters, about 1 percent of goal

The real US warmongers are not too pleased with that, McCain is complaining about the lack of results.
When I heard this one, and the growing claims from Jordan that the Iranians tried to commit some terror action, I'm kind of happy that my country pulled out of this mess :

Belgium’s Exit From Anti-ISIL Coalition’s Bombing Campaign in Syria and Iraq

Remember the moderate group "jibhat al-nusra" ? what happened to them BTW ? are they still moderate or not ? lol

Yes ! Last time I heard about them in the news, they were taken in charge by BibiNetayahucare and attacked a Palestinian refugee camp and some Druzes.
And they just got a news assignment by the guys in charge in the area :
Yaalon Admits Commissioning Al-Nusra Terrorists to Guard ’Israel’

Some people never learn . Now go and clean them up from the streets of Syria . and good luck doing that without getting vaporized by latest generation of TOW missiles .

Enemies of Syria : KSA , ISIS , Jibhat al-nusra , Al-qaeda and a proportion of taliban fighters from pakistan .

yet you arm the latter side . yeah . good going .

The only thing the 'West' has and interest in, is the removal of Bachar Al Assad from power in Syria.
The clash between the zionist-wahhabist alliance and the Shiites can be avoided if the moderated Sunnis take their distances from the hardcore Wahhabis ... but I doubt this will happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

How come the amount of suicide bombings in Iran can be counted on one hand?

It's no secret that Iran has given safe passage to Al Queda over the years, I don't know about ISIS, but definitely Al Queda.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If indeed the US/Nato created Isis i am sure their propaganda machine would be able to put some kind of spin on it . But nothing . People the moon landings happened , 9/11 was a bunch of Saudis + one and it was not about redbull giving you wings .

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

How come the amount of suicide bombings in Iran can be counted on one hand?

It's no secret that Iran has given safe passage to Al Queda over the years, I don't know about ISIS, but definitely Al Queda.

Dude you cannot even spell al-qaeda right yet you're such an expert on ME issues that you dare to accuse Iran of supporting a terrorist group which has been actively involved in killing Shia muslims in Pakistan and Afghanistan (hell even Iran) .

Al-qaeda's whole existence and mentality is to what they call "eradication of american islam A.K.A Shia islam" .

so before posting something for lord's sake , at least google some stuff .

Its one of the most stupid conspiracy theories i've ever heard (with all due respect) .

how come Iran has no suicide bombing ? its simply cause : 1- Iranians are all shia muslims . the countries who have a terrorist problem all have a wahhabi minority (maybe even majority) - wahhabism is an offshoot radical sunni islam

2-Iran is not a failed state . We've got a 98% educated nation here . Iranian americans are the most educated minority in US just for comparison .

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Yeah, good one, because of my iPads auto correct, I know nothing.

Sorry if you're not willing to take the blinders off and acknowledge that Iran has harboured terrorists for years, but it's true...it's not a conspiracy theory, it's a known fact.

Where do you think a whole bunch from Afghanistan ended up when the US invaded?

Government propaganda has gotten to you, obviously..

edit on 9/7/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

In this case the propaganda takes shape of a US President acknowledging the support of a well known Islamic group, famous for beheading and other horrors and international Jihadism export. Group that you pretend to fight on the other hand.
And it's not a fake. Don't you think the US media should pay more attention to this ?

Iran, the remaining 'free' Irak, Bachar's regime in Syria, Hezbollah, the rebellion in Yemen are mostly Shiites.
Most of the other Arab countries are mostly Sunnis. And so are all major terror groups in the world.
The Turks, the Kurds, are a distinct group and there are also Christian and other minorities in the area.
Israel is pulling the strings, the US is in the mess because of its tights to Israel and its dependency on Arabian Gulf oil. Why is it that most terror action in the ME are targeting Shiite mosques atm ?

You've been sold Bachar and Iran are Hitler by propaganda for years ... Try to find some info about the way the jewish minority of Iran is treated in that supposedly anti-Semitic country.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

ISIL forces - the forces fighting agains ISIL, which he clearly elaborated on by stating Sunni tribes.

I know RT is desperate for propaganda material but this is truly pathetic.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Yeah, good one, because of my iPads auto correct, I know nothing.

Sorry if you're not willing to take the blinders off and acknowledge that Iran has harboured terrorists for years, but it's true...it's not a conspiracy theory, it's a known fact.

Where do you think a whole bunch from Afghanistan ended up when the US invaded?

Government propaganda has gotten to you, obviously..

Government propaganda ? lol yeah . cause it's me who listen to mainstream media on a daily basis . cause it's who HAS to listen to the same BS all night day .

you're from australia right ? in Australia, until 60s, Aborigines came under the Flora And Fauna Act, classified them as animals, not human beings.

so you tell me who is under propaganda ? me ? or you ?

reality check #1 : Long before US attacked afghanistan for the threat of taliban , Iran wanted to attack them and give them a good lesson after they invaded Iranian embassy and held our diplomates as hostage . many were killed .

en.wikipedia.org...

after UN mediation , we did not . cause we're not crazy like others

#2 : when US invaded afghanistan , Iranian Army Special Forces took over Herat , a city used as a base for taliban . we also Aided US soldiers in some incidences .

www.cbsnews.com...

#3 : Taliban , Al-qaeda , ISIS , Bokko haram , anusra and all other crazy terrorist groups are Sunni extremist , We're Shia .

#4 : the main supporter of these groups , KSA , is your dearest ally . cause she sells you cheap oil .

#5 : the main target of these groups are exactly us Iranians . if you just had a quota of knowledge about these groups , you'd know that even when they post the video of a syria soldier they use these phrases :

"beheading of a Rafida Safavi , may allah help us fighting these pigs "

# 6 : Rafida means Shia muslim . this word is used as a means to degrade shia muslims .

# 7 : Safavids where an Iranian empire several hundred years ago . they defeated the ottoman empire who tried to invade Iran . Ottoman empire is a sunni turkish dynasty .

clearly i'm the one who is deluded and influenced by propaganda .

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Obama said, very calmly and in a paused manner:
- they (US) "are training ISIS Forces, including volunteers from Sunni Tribes"

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Don't tell me what I watch, I loathe MSM, So you clearly haven't a clue about me at all. And what does Australian aboriginals have to do with this? What propaganda?

Anyway, back to Iran harbouring top Al Qaeda operatives..

Fadhli is referred to by at least one well-connected jihadi figure, lamenting his supposed death on social media, as “Abu Asma al-Khorasani,” or Abu Asma from Khorasan. In fact, Fadhli, who is a Kuwaiti al-Qaeda veteran, has lived in Iran for several years. He seems to have been one among a small community of al-Qaeda leaders and their families who, after fleeing the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan in 2001, were kept under strict surveillance but not imprisoned, extradited, or killed by Iran’s fundamentalist Shia government. (To avoid jeopardizing this arrangement, al-Qaeda apparently held back from attacks on Iranian soil, despite considering Iran an archenemy; politics make strange bedfellows.)

carnegieendowment.org...

Iran has long been harboring senior al Qaeda, al Nusra, and so-called Khorasan Group leaders as part of its complicated strategy to influence the region and keep itself off the terrorist target list, according the U.S. government, intelligence agencies, and terrorism experts.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Virtually unnoticed, since late 2001, Iran has held some of al Qaeda's most senior leaders. Several of these operatives, such as Yasin al-Suri, an al Qaeda facilitator, have moved recruits and money from the Middle East to central al Qaeda in Pakistan. Others, such as Saif al-Adel, an Egyptian that served as head of al Qaeda's security committee, and Abu Muhammad al-Masri, one of the masterminds of the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in East Africa, have provided strategic and operational assistance to central al Qaeda. The Iranian government has held most of them under house arrest, limited their freedom of movement, and closely monitored their activities. Yet the organization's presence in Iran means that, contrary to optimistic assessments that have become the norm in Washington, al Qaeda's demise is not imminent.

www.foreignaffairs.com...

As an aside, I find it funny that you used MSM sources moments after being derogatory towards me using them (which I didn't).

edit on 9/7/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Yup ... wink wink giggle giggle ... How do you hide something from the public? In plain site.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

He says "speeding up training of ISIL forces, including some from Sunni tribes" .... to me it sounds like he means forces to fight ISIL/S,

That is exactly what he said here...

More Sunni volunteers are coming forward. Some are already being trained, and they can be a new force against ISIL. We continue to accelerate the delivery of critical equipment, including anti-tank weapons, to Iraqi security forces, including the Peshmerga and tribal fighters. And I made it clear to my team that we will do more to train and equip the moderate opposition in Syria.

www.whitehouse.gov...

But that seems to be overlooked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join