It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Accents?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The vid is still playing as I write. I say night and light the same as site/sight rhymes with bite with a long I.
I hear a root for the Australian accent in the accent of the gentleman from Cornwall. Just a hint.
As in Cornwall in New York there are different accents from region to region. In the very northern part of the state there's a French and Canadian influence. Even in NYC there are Burroughs accents due to the little ghettos set up by our immigrant grandparents back at the beginning of the twentieth century. These enclaves survive right up to present time and their influence on regional accents is distinct.
My parents were born and raised in NYC and have what's called a Brooklyn accent which would be like Penny Marshalls accent. m.youtube.com...
I grew up on long island which also affected my accent. A much softer version of the Brooklyn accent think Lawn guy Lund for Brooklyn and lahng ilind for the softer version. Lol.
This isn't easy trying to write the way you speak I mean. I say tawk for talk .

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I can sometimes tell an Australian accent from a New Zealand accent and I've never been anywhere near Oz. I just have an ear for accents and pay attention. Not to pat my own back or anything. LOL.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Sho you dont like Sean Connerys accent Mish Moneypenny? I like distinct accents, like the Southern US accent and the Brooklyn accent. I still say, us Scots have the best accent. Only the West Coasters though. I hate the Eastern Accent

<< 1  2   >>

join