It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Buran's and guess where they found them!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Most of you remember the Buran - the Russian look-alike Space Shuttle. Well long story short, there have been 5 full airframes but the location of only 3 were known, until now.

Some crazy man got into an abandoned building in Kazakhstan and he found a full working assembly line for Buran's including two full air frames.. just sitting there ready to be deployed. They never left the factory and have been sitting around for almost 25 years.

Lots of pictures here:

www.idealistrevolution.org...

and here:

ralphmirebs.livejournal.com...
edit on 8-7-2015 by flyandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

What a find! It doesn't even look as though it has been 'mothballed' just deserted. Perhaps its been 'forgotten or filed away somewhere, ready to be reactivated if necessary and the necessity has not happened - though who actually owns it today would be interesting. Can't help thinking that surely no-one would leave that kind of technology or financial investment abandoned?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Holy! This is a urban explorers wet dream, how could such immense amounts of technology be left abandoned its just sad, so much potential... I would happily pay to know the coordinates of this facility haha.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Wow, this guy's explorations and photos are out of this world, and remind me of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games. I wonder what Russia and Kazakhstan will do about all that equipment.

I wish you guys could read his Russian blog (the second link in the OP), he relates some adventures like going into a biological weapons storage facility, or even sneaking into an abandoned building at night and falling asleep inside until morning.
edit on 8-7-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I'm surprised we didn't see it on the tripe that's on TV. ...storage wars. Could imagine selling this off and the "genuine" shock on their face.
On serious note....wow. Not only an amazing find but also shows how vast these areas must be. For a hangar like that to lay untouched for this long either people have sense not to go poking around or the area is massive.
Either way finders keepers

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Those images looked familiar to me, so I went looking and found this, from last year, although I think I have seen it before, maybe in 2013.

It looks more like a rediscovery than a discovery, or just someone decided to present this as new.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There is a photo spread on the Buran over at Dark Roasted Blend.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm surprised it has been left to rot. My thoughts are that if things ever really get bad as in the shtf type scenario and we lose a-lot of our data and technology, if something abandoned and left to rot, which is similar to these shuttles, were preserved, then they could be found and become handy to have around for rebuild purposes.

We may have people left around with the know how for example, but all the blue prints might be wiped out and gone. If an artifact such as this were still around it would be a time capsule of information that could be useful in the future. I know this is a far fetched idea but it was the thought that came into my head after looking at the photos.

Nice little gem.

leolady

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Greetings OP , I made a thread about this a while back .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's sad to see the program abandoned like that .

All that hard work and engineering , gone .

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

As I frequently claim, the US has had the triangles as an amazing alternate power since at least the early '80s.
If you want to give the triangles credibility for existence, then you can understand why the Soviets/Russians gave up the facade of rocketing into space which the US has continued. We seriously surpassed them with this new technology and they had no reason to carry on.

--As I've said repeatedly, the only people fooled are the American public and they must be fooled for as long as the memory of the deathtrap shuttle lingers. It was so unnecessary.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Great find!

Thank you for sharing!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Imagine what is buried in bunkers that have been abandoned...

This is such an interesting find! WOW just WOW!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Sry, Was looking for the authors name and Buran and your post didn't show up.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomulanVessel
Holy! This is a urban explorers wet dream, how could such immense amounts of technology be left abandoned its just sad, so much potential... I would happily pay to know the coordinates of this facility haha.

The abandoned hangar is located at the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
You can pay me later,I accept bitcoin or regular cash.

top topics

join